Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

95 Civic DX Manual to Power Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Civic DX Manual to Power Mirrors

Hello everyone! I'm new here to the forums but I have been a long time viewer of the posts on this site. Before anybody criticizes me, yes I have read countless write ups about this but I just want to double check.

So I have a 1995 Civic DX coupe and the mirrors, windows, and locks are all manual. I want to convert to power mirrors right now (Unfortunately I can't afford the panels for the doors so I'll worry about the power windows and locks later down the road).

Anyways, from my understanding, I would need the door harnesses from a 92-95 EX coupe correct? Also the floor harness as well? Is that all that I need for this conversion? And everything is plug and play correct? From what I have read it seems to be but like I said, just double checking since I'm a complete noob when it comes to cars.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 95 Civic DX Manual to Power Mirrors

Forgot to mention, I own the power mirrors already and the mirror operating switch (if that's what it's called), I just need the wiring basically.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ye, you need the door harness, floor harness, mirrors, door regulators and window regulators.

You also have to pull the dash to switch out the floor harness, to make it ALOT easier anyways.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, as for the door regulators and window regulators, is that for the power doors and windows? Right now I'm just trying to do the mirrors because I am on an extremely low budget lol.

So as for the wiring harnesses for the doors and floor, where would I go about getting these? There is no local junkyard and no matter what I type online these things never come up.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You can find the interior door harnesses online on ebay. The passenger side is simplistic and has 3 connections in it for power locks, windows and mirror as well as your radio speaker and tweeter (94/95) with a big connector to the car cabin. The driver side has all the same, but it also has the window control connector and the lock/unlock button. Getting a floor harness is also called a cabin harness and depending on your experiance may want to ask a friend who has a local auto salvage yard to spend the day getting you one or find a car someone is parting out.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok thank you. When I check eBay, there are only harness from the years 96-98. As far as I know, I can't use those right? Also, there are 92-95 front driver door and passenger door harnesses from sedan's. Would that make the process complicated in any way or would it still be plug in play.

I was planning on leaving the lock and window connectors unplugged and sort of just hanging in there so when I get my power door panels I'll already have most of the work done after installing these mirrors.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The driver door becomes more complicated as there are a lot of extra wires and I believe the window switch connector is a bit different as it is intended to drive 4 windows not 2. Also I would tend to believe that both harnesses might be a bit short for the power lock as sedan doors are considerably shorter than coupe/hatch doors.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Check the marketplace after you get enough posts. Someone is probably parting out a civic or making it lighter for racing by eliminating all the power goodies. Ive had good luck there getting a great many things. Other places to look are your local honda forums. (Im not sure where you're located, but for me other than HT marketplace, Ive had considerable success on Craigslist and the CarolinaHondas forum)
Old 04-11-2014, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok ya I'll just play it safe and look for the wiring harness of a 2 door EX then. Ya I've been wanting to post ok the marketplace but since I'm new here I need to wait awhile. I'll definitely post on here if whether or not I end up getting them! Maybe ill even take pics of the process and outcome too! I'm from SoCal but ima make an hour drive to the junkyard tomorrow to look and if not ill definitely check the forums and marketplace. Thanks for the help
Old 04-11-2014, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Also if anybody who reads this happens to have these harnesses for sale feel free to let me know since I can't post in the marketplace yet.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Made the hour drive to a junkyard today with my dad and we found an EX that was stripped to the bone but luckily all of the wiring was left perfectly in tact!

Got the floor harness and both door harnesses! Gunna install them tomorrow. Paid $34 in total for it all. I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures on here.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice. I recently did the power conversion in my car and love it. I was really wanting power windows (no more reaching across the car to roll down the passenger side). Its really straight forward, the only thing that doesn't just plug in is the speaker wires
Old 04-13-2014, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So I was going to put the wires in today but some lady wrecked my car :/. I still have the harnesses for each door and the floor harness ill probably sell them now.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:45 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RMickens
So I was going to put the wires in today but some lady wrecked my car :/. I still have the harnesses for each door and the floor harness ill probably sell them now.
damn that sucks bro.

how much do you think the wiring weighs?
Old 04-13-2014, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not too sure its pretty light. Maybe 3 lbs? Ill post pics right now
Old 04-13-2014, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Less than that actually lol I'm not too sure
Old 04-13-2014, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is the Floor Harness:

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Both the door harnesses have the wires ready for the speakers as well.

Driver Door Harness:

Passenger Door Harness:

I think this is a relay for the power windows correct?

Old 04-13-2014, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I also have the power mirror switch as well:

Old 04-13-2014, 05:27 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Both of my mirrors have faded paint on them, and I dont think they're seated properly. I'm pretty sure they're both extra cheap aftermarket mirrors.

I was thinking about switching em out for power mirrors, especially since the little ***** fell out and I lost them. I think it'd be a worthwhile modification for the what, 100$ price tag?
Old 04-21-2014, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry for the late reply man. So the lady who crashed into me had insurance but they deemed my car as a total loss, luckily they gave me enough money to fix the car up enough, the major damage is in the rear bumper and trunk so I decided to keep the car and keep these wires as well because I still have hope for my car and plan to do this conversion later.

But ya I got my power mirrors from CarId.com but I would definitely not recommend them, they were $40 each there. Took like 3 weeks to get delivered though and terrible customer service.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I did have a question for anyone who is reading this though.

If you scroll up and look at the pictures of my door harnesses that I got for the power mirrors, windows, and etc, they have that black plug at the end which I unplugged through where the door of the EX wires were.

Now on my DX, when I took out my speakers, the two wires ran through there but there was no plug for this all to just plug into like I thought it would be. The two speaker wires just ran into a small connector or something. I don't know how to explain it but I can take pics if you guys need.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:35 PM
Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts

You have removed the wrong harness from the car. I see the door wiring, which is good, but I also see the harness that goes to the rear of the car only. I don't see the dash/firewall harness in your pics. Consult the DIYs on this topic to see what I'm talking about.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

To Deschlong, first and foremost I would like to say that I really enjoy all of your write ups. I began reading your DIY for this matter which made me want to do this conversion.

I wasn't aware that I needed the dash harness for but if I were to have that then it would be plug and play? The long harness that I have that goes to the rear, which I'm assuming is the floor harness, isn't needed?

I'm going to look at your DIY again because I probably got confused but if you could also reply just incase it'd be a big help.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nevermind, so I just read Twisted Image's write up: https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2337026

and now I understand that the dash/firewall harness is actually needed and not the floor one that I got. So basically he got the whole dash harness then only took the wires he needed to make sub harnesses to pass through each door and connect the door harnesses. Looks like I'll be making another trip to the junk yard tomorrow hopefully I'll get lucky and find an EX coupe again! the dash harness should be there, but I'm going to try to do what he did in his write up.

Quick Reply: 95 Civic DX Manual to Power Mirrors