Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

94 Honda Civic b16 swap problems? Questions. NEED help/advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Honda Civic b16 swap problems?

Since b16 swaps for a EG are just about the most common, I hope I get a lot of tech help out there. Thanks! Background information. About a month ago. I got a jdm b16 complete swap from hmotorsonline. The engine is in a 94 Civic CX hatch with EX harness. I need some help with wiring. What all needs to be added to the ECU? Rght now I have Vtec Solenoid (A4), Knock Sensor (D3), and VTEC pressure switch (D6) into the ECU. What I need is the Evap purge power (12 volt power) and Evap Purge Solenoid (A20). How would I wire those up. Does the O2 senor have to go into the ECU? I have read this, White goes to D14 O2 sensor input, Black to A6 Heater Control, Green to D22 Sensor Ground. Black to B1 or A25 which is Sensor voltage. Do I wire these from the O2 sensor by the exhaust pipe or for the wire harness? I do not have any of these wire to the ECU right now. When the engine was put in, it had 3 codes that came up. 6 Water temp. sensor. 14 Idel air control valve and 22 vtec pressure valve. 14 pop up because I had the sensor where the knock was suppose to be. 22 because vtec was not wire yet. I drove around with the 3 codes for a couple of days but it had hesitation. Still it would pull hard. The exhaust to my car was loud but it sounded nice. One night I was driving and I heard a screw or bolt come lose. I was going around 60mph and knew that i would never find what pop out in the dark. I thought it might have been a screw from the exhaust piping where it connects to the engine. But I check it. it had all it screws. Anyone have any suggest what pop out because when I let off the gas it would hesitate big time. I think that's why it cause something to come lose. After that night my exhaust became quieter. Then I wire my vtec and knock. I did the wiring myself. So I think it works but it feels like it doesn't put has hard has it should for a b16. I rode in a hatch with a b16 sawp before and it pull real hard and you knew when the vtec kick in when it was sreaming. But for my swap it doesn't pull that hard. Also another problem I have is that when you step on it in before you shift, it feels weak and feels like it doesn't want to pull up. When I'm driving it smells like something is burning like fumes. I do not have the EVAP hook-up. I think the hose has the number 7 on it. I heard that I don't need it. DO I or don't I need it. Is that why it smells? Has for the 3 codes I replace the coolant temp. sensor but it still pops up. The other 2 have been fix. I have drove this car with the b16 swap to OHIO and Wisconsin without any problems other than what i have listed above. I hope it's something minor.

My Questions/tech Help
1. Please help with what wires needs to go into the ECU.
2. How to wire my O2.
3. Figure out what pop out.
4. Why does my car feel weaker?
5. Something smells like it's burning fumes.
6. I do not have the color wire yellow/black A25 IGP2 to main relay and to ground for o2 and the red wire fro A20 EVAP purge control solenoid. This is just hanging on the EX harness. How would I wire this?

Thanks Again. I need all the help I can get. I hope these minor problem will help get my car running right.

Modified by jdmcivic1 at 8:33 PM 9/6/2006