Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

94 EG coupe auto to manual build.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 94 EG coupe auto to manual build.

Hey HT,
Bought a 94 ex coupe a while back for $600 as a project car but had to put it off for awhile because I had to deal with grown up stuff. (bills, selling and buying a house, kids, etc...) I've been out of the Honda scene for awhile now but been keeping my I on it by magazines and on HT by watching all you dedicated Honda builders. I have already pulled the old motor that had 350k miles on it and a blown head gasket. I got a used motor out a wrecked Del Sol that has around 60k miles and with a manual trans. I've already did the swap and converted the ECU over to manual. Thanks to you guys on here it made the wiring a sinch. The interior of the car almost looks like it did when it rolled off the assembly line which was a big seller for me. The exterior was pretty good except for minor dings, paint fade, and the passenger rear quarter had been side swiped but that didn't discourage me from picking this classic Honda up. As you can see in some of the pics I've pulled the quarter out and have used filler to try and get as close to perfect as possible but close isn't good enough for me so I just ordered a new quarter skin so it will look perfect without all that filler. I also got a CM cylinder and pedal assembly from a guy off craigslist for $20 but the CM cylinder was leaking so I went to Auto Zone and got a new CM and slave. So this week I am going to install them and get to work on the quarter panel so I will keep you all updated and take plenty of pics.

Here is a list of a few other mods I've done:
JDM Head lights and corners
JDM Fog lights
Arm rest and Dual Din audio console
turbo exhaust

Old 02-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 94 EG coupe auto to manual build.

you will need a auto to Manual trans mount or the frame bracket from a manual car to finsh your swap. stud gun is much better then drilling holes in the 1/4 panel
Old 02-18-2013, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I am going to order Innovative's auto to manual billet set of mounts. After I pulled the quarter panel back out i spot welded all the holes back up, filled and sanded the area. If I painted it no one would probably notice but the problem is that I would know that the body line around the wheel well wasn't absolutely perfect and it would drive me nuts thats why I ordered the new panel.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Put on new clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder on today. Started working on the rear quarter panel, got it cut out and test fitted the new panel. Hope to have the quarter panel flanged and the new panel welded on tomorrow.

Got the civic a little muddy today moving it around to the shop. lol
Old 02-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice work so far. Good looking car. Working on these cars are a lot of fun.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so finally had time to back to work today. final cutting on the quarter panel but went to weld it on and somebody used my welder and broke the regulator so couldn't weld the panel on. had an extra harness laying around so decided to start a tuck harness.

got everything ready to cut out.

beer in hand in case something goes wrong and need something to chill me out. lol.

everthing wen't well.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member