Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

94 CX: First Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 CX: First Impressions

Ok, I picked up my first Civic CX. I bought the one that was for sale a few days ago on this board for $2k. Its teal and you can look for the pictures if you go to the 4th or 5th page of this board. The body is in much better condition than my Si. That is the main reason I got it plus it was much cheaper than my Si (94 model also). The weight reduction seemed like a crock to me. I know weight reduces your speed I just didnt know how much. I've only driven it about 45 miles and was from the place I picked it up from to my house these are my impressions thus far.

1. Weight/Power - of course the amazing 70HP is not going to dazzle anyone, but to be honest I was quite impressed by it. My Si is rated at 125HP in stock trim and it is not all that fast, but its OK. The CX was much faster than I expected it to be, the only thing I can attribute this to is the weight. It puts a smile on my face to think of what this thing is going to do when I put the GSR swap in.

2. Power Steering - I wasn't looking forward to having a car without powersteering after being used to my Si. I had an 89 CRX without powersteering about a year ago and I hated it. Such a pain. The CX is not nearly as bad. I don't hardly notice at all even at very low speeds.

3. No ammenities - I think that is the right word. I might miss my sunroof, but I like the idea of a stiffer chasis. The one stupid ammenity that I miss is the foot thing to the left of the clutch. I will probably just find one off of another car and install it. The car has A/C that actually works! I haven't yet decided whether I am going to get rid of this or not. It doesn't have the little flap on the ceiling in between the two sunvisors like my Si. I'm not even sure what this thing is for but it's not there. No rear wiper, no biggie. No power mirrors, again, no biggie. No ABS, ehhh, I can do without. No rear disks, ehh, I won't have to do without for long.

This is all I can think of right now. I will post a few pics maybe later today if I get around to it. Just looking at this car makes me get that mod-fever again. My Si is just getting old!
Old 11-17-2002, 12:30 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: 94 CX: First Impressions (Siturbohybrid)

yeah, CX is a good car. My stock 94 Si got beat by a stock Z6 swap in a CX by about one car in the quarter! You'll have some fun. And I just love my Si now after doing some internals and bolt ons. That little flap is for sun glare above the rear view mirror- I love that idea.
Old 11-17-2002, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

2. Power Steering - I wasn't looking forward to having a car without powersteering after being used to my Si. I had an 89 CRX without powersteering about a year ago and I hated it. Such a pain. The CX is not nearly as bad. I don't hardly notice at all even at very low speeds.
If you still have 13's on it, 15" wheels will cure it. I don't even notice the lack of power steering on mines but when i drove my buddies DX this weekend my arms hurt. He has 13" stockies...
Old 11-17-2002, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 94 CX: First Impressions (B_Cruz)

Glad to see you picked it up. Soon as my car sells, I will be getting my own CX. Or maybe a VX. Who cares, as long as I get my damn hatch.
Old 11-17-2002, 01:10 PM

Default Re: 94 CX: First Impressions (non-turbo2dr)

I picked up a CX for the wife. Added power steering and a DX 16 valve head. The car is alot nicer to drive now.

Old 11-17-2002, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've heard that the CX's had a lot less tar on the inside for noise dampening. Is this true? I am going to start stripping the interior tomorrow and I want to know how much off a mess I am going to be making.
Old 11-17-2002, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cx is good car, but i love my si. but good luck on your car man!
Old 11-17-2002, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had the carpet out of mine about a month ago and was surprised to only find a little square of tar on the driver and passenger side, basically the size of a floor mat, but that was it, no other dampeners or anything. I guess thats why I can hear so much road noise