Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

94 civic ex steering wheel tilt lever falls randomly....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 civic ex steering wheel tilt lever falls randomly....

I just bought this car recently and have been trying to fix all the little problems it has as I go..

I noticed that when I push the tilt lever up, it stays for a few seconds then drops back down.. I have to push it back up to get out of the car.. It also doesn't seem as though the column even moves when the lever is up or down..

The entire column seems to be shifted somewhat. The levers for signals, wipers, etc. are turned counter clockwise just a bit and I don't know how to correct this.... I believe that they may have replaced the column but Im not sure about that.

Does anyone know how to diagnose steering column problems like this?

One last question, will a 1993 DX column fit in to my 1994 EX? I searched for that but couldn't find anyone that had gotten an answer..

I apologize in advance if my search skills were the only thing to blame for me not finding this info..

Old 02-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 civic ex steering wheel tilt lever falls randomly.... (90civichb)

bump.. someone help me fix this.. i will get pics in the morning if i can
Old 02-13-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: 94 civic ex steering wheel tilt lever falls randomly.... (90civichb)

the bolt that holds the lever in is probably loose. you will have to take the covers off the colum to get to it.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 civic ex steering wheel tilt lever falls randomly.... (civictildeath)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civictildeath &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the bolt that holds the lever in is probably loose. you will have to take the covers off the colum to get to it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

bump cause i haven't had time to check.. anyone else have a thought on why it might be tilted slightly?
Old 02-15-2005, 01:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90civichb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
bump cause i haven't had time to check.. anyone else have a thought on why it might be tilted slightly?</TD></TR></TABLE>

the answer you seek has been given to you. find time and you'll rid yourself of this problem.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 civic ex steering wheel tilt lever falls randomly.... (eg6sir-s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg6sir-s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the answer you seek has been given to you. find time and you'll rid yourself of this problem.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know what you mean by that.. if you read my post, I have more than one question that I am asking. He told me about my tilt lever dropping.. My other question was about the wiper and signal arms being slightly turned counter clockwise from their usual position. I am still waiting on that problem to be commmented on..

bump
Old 02-15-2005, 02:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90civichb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I don't know what you mean by that.. if you read my post, I have more than one question that I am asking. He told me about my tilt lever dropping.. My other question was about the wiper and signal arms being slightly turned counter clockwise from their usual position. I am still waiting on that problem to be commmented on..

bump</TD></TR></TABLE>

basically, if your remove your column cover you'll be able to asses the problem maybe the previous owner has removed the entire column control and didnt fastened them down correctly. as for your question if the dx column will fit on an ex model...it will.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 civic ex steering wheel tilt lever falls randomly.... (eg6sir-s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg6sir-s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

basically, if your remove your column cover you'll be able to asses the problem maybe the previous owner has removed the entire column control and didnt fastened them down correctly. as for your question if the dx column will fit on an ex model...it will.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the useful response this time around.. lol

As for removing the cover, it is already off.. I don't know how things are supposed to look under there because i just bought the car and have no experience with it. I haven't seen any loose screws, but when I remove my dash, I will surely check everything out.

Haven't had time to work due to bad weather and tons of class work.

I just wanted to see if people may have answers from experiencing these things first hand
Old 02-15-2005, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90civichb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BUMP </TD></TR></TABLE>