Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

94 civic ex with 96+ side skirt need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 civic ex with 96+ side skirt need help

hey i just got me 96 + 2 door side skirt. an i bought the OEM clip at honda. an was tryna put that on. i notice that only the first clip next to the front fender fits. an teh rest are off like almost a half of a half a inch. ..

anyone who has 92-95 civc coupe an add a 96 + side skirt coupe.

need some help how yall put it on. wid out cutting it. thanks.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you started with the front clip, that may be the problem. I believe you must attach the rear clips first then shave the front if it needs to be trimmed.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:27 PM

i seen some coupe wid teh same thing. an theres wasnt shave. or cut.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not sure then, maybe the coupe is different than the hatch.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:39 PM

yeah thats what i have. a 94 coupe. an using a 96+ coupe side skirt. i seen teh hatchs. an they have to cut it. witch i dont like. but anyways thanks for the help. any one who has a coupe an have had installed this. let me know. i need some answer. please. disperate mood. lol
Old 01-24-2008, 05:48 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I can tell you that the coupes, hatches and sedans all have different side skirts from each other. I don't know all the differences though.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:52 PM

Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can tell you that the coupes, hatches and sedans all have different side skirts from each other. I don't know all the differences though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i know that. but. i have a 99 ex coupe side skirt. an i was wondering. if any one here. has installed on wid out mods to there 92-95 civic coupe. i know for a fact that sedan an hatches are differant. but anyways thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:09 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: (vdawg559)

It doesn't matter much where the skirts came from. All '96-'00 coupe and hatch skirts are the same (save for some being painted). '96-'00 sedan skirts are different, but they should fit the same. The top of the sedan ones are different. If you put 6G coupe/hatch skirts on a 6G sedan, there will be a gap when you open the back door.

I've seen people put the skirts on a 5th gen, and I'd exact some amount of modification since they're not made for the same car. They're not interchangeable parts and the parts they connect too aren't interchangeable parts either. So of course there would be some modification. I just don't know how much.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2023756
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1446471
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2032347
Old 01-24-2008, 06:16 PM

Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It doesn't matter much where the skirts came from. All '96-'00 coupe and hatch skirts are the same (save for some being painted). '96-'00 sedan skirts are different, but they should fit the same. The top of the sedan ones are different. If you put 6G coupe/hatch skirts on a 6G sedan, there will be a gap when you open the back door.

I've seen people put the skirts on a 5th gen, and I'd exact some amount of modification since they're not made for the same car. They're not interchangeable parts and the parts they connect too aren't interchangeable parts either. So of course there would be some modification. I just don't know how much.</TD></TR></TABLE>

dam. i dont wanna mod. thanks tho. NOFX i u know ur stuff.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 civic ex with 96+ side skirt need help (vdawg559)

Q: Is the length of the EK sideskirts good enough?
A: YES! Theres no need for trimming at all. The length will match up.

Q: Do i use coupe, hatch, or sedan sideskirts?
A: Coupe or hatch ones are the ones you need to use. Anyone who says that 4 doors fit "perfectly" or "better" is lying their asses off.... its beyond me how or why people keep saying that.

Reason being is that oon the quarter panels theres a little lip at the bottom where the sideskirts are supposed to go. Because of this, coupe/hatch sideskirts are cut to aid in better fitment, 4 doors do not. Don't believe me? If you have your OEM sideskirts on your car, take em off, and look at about the last foot or so of the sideskirts... the top is cut out... its that that makes it fit well.

Q: Ok so how do i install it?
A: Assuming your OEM one is off, make sure you save at least 2 original clips and ALL the clips/screws that are underneath the side skirt too...

Only the first two clips line up (again, i dont know WHERE or WHY people say that three, or one in the front, and one in the back line up, etc, but if your car is ORIGINAL, only the first two line up

remeber that three screws/clips that were from the bottom of the sideskirt..??? Those are the ones that hold the skirts tight in place. They don't line up PERFECTLY, but with some effort, you will be able to make em line up. Not A LOT of effort, but some...
Old 01-24-2008, 08:27 PM

midwest si. show some pics of ur car. it would inspire me more. =]