Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

94 civic cx hatch rally build

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts
Default 94 civic cx hatch rally build

m

Last edited by Marcos Barrios; 05-04-2016 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 94 civic cx hatch rally build

Looks good. Excited to see where you take it with your goals in mind.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Function over form, did you use a dolly for the tow?
Old 10-18-2015, 11:22 AM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry OP, those of us who actually know what we're talking about in America hate that slammed bullshit as much as you do.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah thrilled to see this build. And true statement^ up where I'm from there is just tons of jackasses that like the #hellaflushstancelyfe and parking princesses.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks like a clean hatch, glad you're actually going to be something with it. Im from Des Moines, Iowa, about 3 hours from Lincoln. I think Nebraska Region SCCA goes to I80 speedway in Greenwood, rough lot but still pretty fun.

this is my hatch doing some rallycross

Old 10-20-2015, 08:15 PM
yippee-ki-yay

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Like the build.

Raiders suck!

eH.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did you just keep the motor all stock? Or are you saving a surprise for the future lol
Old 10-20-2015, 11:54 PM
Stancetard Hate Monger

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is awesome. ive lost faith in the "scene" since the birth of stance, and shitty ebay parts being considered "legit". simple builds like this bring me back in a bit. keep going!
Old 10-21-2015, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by eghatch9295
this is awesome. ive lost faith in the "scene" since the birth of stance, and shitty ebay parts being considered "legit". simple builds like this bring me back in a bit. keep going!
^^ This.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

raiiidddderrrsssss.

subbed btw.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:37 PM
Stancetard Hate Monger

my ONLY criticism is the cut valve cover and lack of upper timing cover. with all the **** flinging around during a race, you're asking for trouble.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:42 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

is that ride height even sufficient for rallying? When I hear the word rally, I think subaru's...
Old 10-21-2015, 06:59 PM

Holy ****, PLEASE get an uncut valve cover. You're going to get **** up in there, and it's going to cause problems. "Cutting" valve covers started off as a thing for tuners to adjust cam gears, then became some stupid bullshit trend. Don't do it. Please.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OP..I like the rally car vs ghetto cruiser direction you are going in but, you are coming off as a cocky ******** foreigner.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jimi Hondrix
OP..I like the rally car vs ghetto cruiser direction you are going in but, you are coming off as a cocky ******** foreigner.
And saying that makes you come off as a cocky ******** American. We all have our quirks. This guy is a productive poster, with a good build thread. How about we don't go picking on his word choice, eh?
Old 10-21-2015, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NotARaCist
And saying that makes you come off as a cocky ******** American. We all have our quirks. This guy is a productive poster, with a good build thread. How about we don't go picking on his word choice, eh?
Dude.. You are the biggest ball-busting, nit-picking **** here and you want to give me **** because I give an opinion?

So, this isn't cocky to you:

OP: "so what im going to do is make a build that makes me feel like im home again so get ready for a buildthats bold and not something your all used to
and if ive already pissed off or affended most of you .. remember that we japs dont have souls and dont give a rats *** about your imput"

If he doesn't care about our input then why the he'll is he posting? Is he trolling? I lived in Singapore for four years and didn't feel the need to say "I am an American and I don't have a soul .. so **** off about the locals input."
I learned a lot over there and absorbed some asian culture and married a local.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:09 PM

I'm a dick to people who deserve it. That's why I was trying to be nice to you about letting OP do his thing. But hey, if you want to dance...

If you want to take shots at people, there are plenty of deserving people who pass through here regularly, and plenty of good reasons to hop on people. This dude's choice of words is none of your business. He's just another guy who's doing the build his way, not caring what other people think about it. If you want to get shitty with him about that, you'd better get shitty with me, and two other active builds who have all said the same thing. This guy is one of the few good, new posters this section sees in any given span of time. Get off his nuts.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NotARaCist
I'm a dick to people who deserve it. That's why I was trying to be nice to you about letting OP do his thing. But hey, if you want to dance...

If you want to take shots at people, there are plenty of deserving people who pass through here regularly, and plenty of good reasons to hop on people. This dude's choice of words is none of your business. He's just another guy who's doing the build his way, not caring what other people think about it. If you want to get shitty with him about that, you'd better get shitty with me, and two other active builds who have all said the same thing. This guy is one of the few good, new posters this section sees in any given span of time. Get off his nuts.
Since, you have obviously made yourself judge (in your mind, anyway) of HT forums, I guess you are it's highest authority and no one is allowed to challenge you? Well, first off the best way to deal with you is to just ignore you and since I've said my peace that's what I will do. I enjoy being part of HT and have received very helpful information here several times. I don't discern trial members from those who are long timers. I don't care how many post I have, who I buddy up with or don't. I stated an opinion and if the OP has an issue with it he can let me know.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:33 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

1. you joined in 2007.
2. The valve cover is an issue if you want to be offroading in mud, pot holes, dirt trail, etc...etc..
3. Doesn't matter where you were born or raise, that kind of attitutude does not fit here. Just because your japanese(nobody knows) and the japs tackle the mountain(not on a dirt road, patch of grass, pot holes) doesn't mean you force that kind of attitude around here.

Post your build and update it, no need for the fake attitude.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:06 PM
yippee-ki-yay

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When did HT become a bunch of pu$$ies?!

Bring the build and the attitude! His attitude is what is building and driving the car. Better than some douche putting a CAI and header on a B7 and calling it a race car.

Now if the kids will stop bitching so the rest of us can enjoy the show it would be much appreciated. K Thx.

eH.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:06 AM
Stancetard Hate Monger

oem 94+ integra shifter
Old 10-26-2015, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is my last comment about this as it's not the focus of the the thread but, the OP seems to be confused about his origin:

He states he was raised in Japan (not born in and not Japanese)
It seems like he is American, born in America. Unknown at what age his family moved to Japan?
He also stated he has been back in America since 2004 (11 years to this date)
Yet: he lumps himself in as (he stated): "we japs dont have souls and dont give a rats *** about your input"
He also stated: "in my country (referring to Japan) we drive our cars as fast as we can and there are some that make the videos of the slammed cars you all (referring to Americans) love so much"

OP.. What is known is you have been back in your country of birth (America) for the past 11 years and depending on the age you were when you initially arrived in Japan and your current age ... it is very possible the the majority of your life has been spent in America (your country of birth).
OP: bottom line is you are not Japanese. That's like me saying I am Singaporean because I lived there for four years. While I have respect for the differences of each country I know good or bad, I am an American just like you.

If, I am a ***** because I can decipher facts than so be it.
I admire your DIY spirit and hope you reach the goals for your build but, please don't come off like you're the only one in America that is into rally/racing builds. You are certainly not reinventing the wheel.

Last edited by Jimi Hondrix; 10-26-2015 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:35 PM

A $60, made in China clutch most definitely is something you could have passed up, and something you really should have passed up. And jesus man, properly cover that timing belt! You're missing 3 critical covers there.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:05 PM

American sense of craftsmanship?
Chinese sense of craftsmanship?

There's a reason we're all on a forum dedicated to Japanese cars. And yes, you're missing three timing covers. Upper inner, upper outer, and your chopped up valve cover make three.

Quick Reply: 94 civic cx hatch rally build