Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

93 Si washer bottle motor wiring location

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 93 Si washer bottle motor wiring location

Hello all this is basically my first post of many about this car. Little history is this use to be my cousins '93 Civic Si coupe that's had a full TypeR swap installed. Before it was completely running he passed away. Now the car was taken by a shop known around here for their engine swaps, parts etc known as Teknotik. They got all the gremlins out and the car finally ran. Once they gave the car back to my uncle it's pretty much sat for 10 years in his garage. Now that I drive it (it will always be my cousins car I just drive it) I want certain things to function properly. One of these things is the washer fluid motor. I can't find the harness anywhere. The bottle was there with the plug pulled off it so I don't even know what that looks like. I've searched a bit through different forums and gathered that the wiring is black and white and usually run through the drivers fender? Is that correct? I don't see any wiring anywhere. I'm hoping they just put the wiring under the cowl panel at the bottom of the windshield but it's the only place I haven't checked yet. Does anyone have a picture of what the plug looks like? Are the wires even black and white? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:44 AM
Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Re: 93 Si washer bottle motor wiring location

Sounds like it might have been cut, but it definitely runs out through the firewall with the mass of wires on the driver's (left) side of the engine bay, and along the left of the engine bay to the bottle. Recommend posting pics of your engine bay since tuner types can do (lame, imo) "wire tucks" which hides all the engine bay wiring that is rarely seen anyway in places that are even more of a pain to access. Can't help with wire colour at the moment. But I recommend downloading the 92-95 Helms service manual..... google is your friend here.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts
Default Re: 93 Si washer bottle motor wiring location

Send me a PM if you need a .pdf copy of the Helm's manual and I can get it to you.