Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

93 honda hatch si stock going greddy turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 honda hatch si stock going greddy turbo?

welp im not really sure if this is right i havent asked my friend about his friends turbo on a 90 hatch,

i dont really have anything in my car but aem intake
and tanabe exuast and thats about it
miles are about 180k pretty high but motor is still in good shape
getting new clutch soon

but yea straight to the turbo
im thinking of getting
Honda Civic EX 92-95 Greddy Bolt-On Turbo Kit
but im not sure would the ex still fit the si?
or even still work even tho its still the d16z6 motor?

any tips?

thanks
Old 09-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 93 honda hatch si stock going greddy turbo? (killer93)

exact same setup on the ex or si. i own one of each.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:49 AM

Default Re: 93 honda hatch si stock going greddy turbo?

so no difference at all? o ok well then, would the turbo still work with my kind of motor on how it has 180k but still running good?
Old 09-28-2007, 08:00 AM

Yeah it will still run just don't go boost happy. Max boost I would puch would be 8psi max
Old 09-28-2007, 08:39 AM

yea thats what my friends told me only around 5-8 psi, if i wanted to go more i'd have to build my motor to handle the psi, but even with 8 psi it still be quick enough to beat some cars
but i wonder how fast would it be? to have a greddy td04 boosting 8 psi
my friend that has one said i should be able to beat gsrs like notting but im not too sure, any1 with experince mind sharing some info
Old 09-28-2007, 09:33 AM

so really like lets say if i was to go fine tune it, but i kinda wondered do i need to fine tune my car? my friend said that he did it and theres always something wrong, or something will go wrong but if i was to go to the track how fast would it actually be? 15? or high 14?

Modified by killer93 at 10:44 AM 9/28/2007
Old 09-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 93 honda hatch si stock going greddy turbo? (killer93)

You will need to get a good tune before you run any boost.

Turbo+Impatience+Cheapness=Bad boost

Turbo+Tune+Patience+Extra money=Good boost

You'll hear plenty of horror stories on the average of people who boosted without tuning, and messed up their car pretty badly. Tune your car for boost.

As for the "how fast could it be?" that's up to how well you can drive, the quality of your tune, and the quality of your engine maintenance. Nobody can tell you, so just bite the bullet and see for yourself. It's liberating.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:52 AM

Default Re: 93 honda hatch si stock going greddy turbo? (BlackoutVTi)

alright cool so your saying once i get my tubro tune it which will be some $ and it will be a better, to boost alright i guess im going that way, so i guess i'll but my turbo kit and junk with everything i need, make the money for a fine tune and yea once i have enough, put it all together and take it to fine tuning cool

Modified by killer93 at 11:18 AM 9/28/2007
Old 09-28-2007, 10:18 AM

u know how much it'd be to tune it by the way?
Old 09-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (killer93)

honestly bro i have a 94 si beater with 120k on it and im gonna be turboin it.. and im still puttin pistons rods. new valve seals etc.. just to be on the safe side.. then u have a block with 0 miles.. and boost Good Luck
Old 09-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (luvmihatch)

i suggest you look into custom turbos. how much are greddy 19t nowadays? last time I checked piecing your own setup would cost less. never like e-manage anyways.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, what would be best is if when you get done with installing the kit and setting up the ecu, you have the car put up on a flatbed, and transported immediately to your tuning shop. Have them look over your setup, let you know if there's anything wrong, and then have them tune it.

This will cost you a few hundred for the tuning programs, and a few hundred for the tune itself. Either way, it will be worth every penny. Just make sure you find a tuning shop with some good testimonials, and no connections to any car thefts.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:31 AM

haha so that means i cant drive it huh haha hmm so it would matter if i drive it to the tune shop?
Old 09-28-2007, 10:37 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by luvmihatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">honestly bro i have a 94 si beater with 120k on it and im gonna be turboin it.. and im still puttin pistons rods. new valve seals etc.. just to be on the safe side.. then u have a block with 0 miles.. and boost Good Luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

well i'd want to pass smog too so thats y im getting greddy becuz some greddy has the CARB on it so less stress for me about smogging it, and if u can find a good price for the greddy turbo it be about 1.6k around there the one on the greddy web site is like 2k
Old 09-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You would be in the absolute best situation if you get it towed there, but if you want to cheat a little bit, you could just be a grandma on the way there, paying close attention to not reaching anywhere close to boost as you drive. Close attention to a boost gauge and rpms would be imperitive.

EDIT: You will need to reconsider your decision to go Greddy. If you call them and ask them the right questions, they will tell you that their kits are no longer CARB legal. Edelbrock has a monopoly on the CARB legal kits now, and provides a pricey, but complete (intercooler, etc), CARB'ed kit.

I know, I have wanted a Greddy kit since I planned my build. I'm just going to risk it, and look into the legality of it later.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlackoutVTi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by killer93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well i'd want to pass smog too so thats y im getting greddy becuz some greddy has the CARB on it so less stress for me about smogging it, and if u can find a good price for the greddy turbo it be about 1.6k around there the one on the greddy web site is like 2k</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah smog sucsk im gald i live on the east coast.. but def stick with greddy good kit adn liek u said carb approved.. good luck and get osm epic sup when u done
Old 09-28-2007, 10:42 AM

wat is the boost anyways 5000rpm? or 3000rpm?
Old 09-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ust dont go above 45mph adn drive slow and shirft early.. if u havea boost guage hooked up make sure u dont leave vacume.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:44 AM

well hmm since my gear ratio seems to be a bit long, like my friends be on 5th and i be on 3rd i might be able to get their going 35 XD altho i gotta check to see if its not off i still got to check that
Old 09-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (luvmihatch)

Okay, unless at top gear, speed has nothing to do with the boost you're at, it's all about your engine's rpm.

As for boost at rpms, you'll need to find that out for yourself, as it depends on the size of the turbo. A boost gauge will give you your most "for sure" answer, since if you have that, it doesn't matter what rpm you're at, you'll want it to read negative. I recommend that you get one either way.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

but its safe to drive as logn as its not liek miles away and u dont haul ***.. towing would be best but some times its not an option liek i said b4 just stay far away from boost. boost has nuttin to do with the mph its rpm. u know.. jsut get at boost guage and stay in vacume then u will be ok
Old 09-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by killer93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> 93 honda hatch si stock going greddy turbo?</TD></TR></TABLE>im thinking about doing the same thing as what ur doing but the good thing is that my car only has 124k.
btw, do you know how much is the greddy turbo kit cost ?
Old 09-28-2007, 11:33 AM

around 1.4-2k depending on where u find it, im finding it on like racingworks.com and other places ebay sells it for like 1.6 dependig on what kind of turbo you get, im getting Honda Civic EX | TD04H-15G 92-95 Greddy Bolt-On Turbo Kit for like 1.6k plus shipping and stuf but the total of all the thigns imn getting is 2.3k with boost gauges and intercooler etc
Old 09-28-2007, 11:39 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by luvmihatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but its safe to drive as logn as its not liek miles away and u dont haul ***.. towing would be best but some times its not an option liek i said b4 just stay far away from boost. boost has nuttin to do with the mph its rpm. u know.. jsut get at boost guage and stay in vacume then u will be ok </TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackoutVTi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Okay, unless at top gear, speed has nothing to do with the boost you're at, it's all about your engine's rpm.

As for boost at rpms, you'll need to find that out for yourself, as it depends on the size of the turbo. A boost gauge will give you your most "for sure" answer, since if you have that, it doesn't matter what rpm you're at, you'll want it to read negative. I recommend that you get one either way.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea i get what both of you two are saying
Old 09-28-2007, 11:53 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wootiewoot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im thinking about doing the same thing as what ur doing but the good thing is that my car only has 124k.
btw, do you know how much is the greddy turbo kit cost ? </TD></TR></TABLE>

but yea it kinda depends on what kind of turbo your planning to get, im getting so i will be able to pass smog and not worry about taking it off and on

Quick Reply: 93 honda hatch si stock going greddy turbo?