Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

93' Honda Del Sol - rust, power window, and power steering questions!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93' Honda Del Sol - rust, power window, and power steering questions!

i just got a 1993 honda del sol.
few problems:
-right and back window wont work
-when it goes to start it almost seems like it struggles a little but starts right up
-engine has some rust
there are some normal problems that a 1993 would have.

i was just wondering what i should do about this and also what should i do to the car to make it look nice, ride nice, etc..
i was thinking about getting a full tune-up at a local shop to make sure everything is good.

let me know what anyone else thinks i should do...

also it doesnt have power steering can i get it? if so wheres at..
Old 05-09-2012, 03:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 93' Honda Del Sol - rust, power window, and power steering questions!

it doesn't have power steering? please clarify

does it have factory manual rack and steering, or did the previous owner cut the lines and remove the pump?
Old 05-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 93' Honda Del Sol - rust, power window, and power steering questions!

Im.almost positive if you have the base model (s) they didnt come with power steering.
The window problem.i have no experience in, im sure a quick search on google will give you an answer.
Like you suggested, do a full tuneup.
Also where exactlynis there rust on the engine
Old 05-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

probably window motor or swiches
Old 05-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm guessing that you are not very experienced as a mechanic.
Having a mechanic who KNOWs Hondas do a 'Pre-buy' inspection on it will teach you a lot. (Even though you already bought it.) $25-$45
Taking it in to 'Billy Bob's Lube and Repair' for a tune-up might get it running a little better, but could also get the wrong spark plugs etc. and miss some significant issues.

If it doesn't have power steering, you can get it installed, but these cars really don't need it. If it originally had it, the PS pump or belt was probably removed at some point to get a couple extra HP. Have a mechanic take a look, or post a picture of the driver's side engine compartment where the belt is on the engine.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 78F350
I'm guessing that you are not very experienced as a mechanic.
Having a mechanic who KNOWs Hondas do a 'Pre-buy' inspection on it will teach you a lot. (Even though you already bought it.) $25-$45
Taking it in to 'Billy Bob's Lube and Repair' for a tune-up might get it running a little better, but could also get the wrong spark plugs etc. and miss some significant issues.

If it doesn't have power steering, you can get it installed, but these cars really don't need it. If it originally had it, the PS pump or belt was probably removed at some point to get a couple extra HP. Have a mechanic take a look, or post a picture of the driver's side engine compartment where the belt is on the engine.
Exactly.

You're right side and rear window motor are going. Expect to replace.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the del sol has a window lock that turns off the passenger and rear windows i would make sure this isn't broken or switched on