Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

93 Ex Coupe Swap Info

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Ex Coupe Swap Info

(posted this earlier ,didnt really get a response, came up with a cpl more questions and figured id put the question mark next to the topic to see if it get some responces)

50.63% noob here with a couple of questions... if your bored and need something to do answer the following please.
After thinking about different engine swaps ive finally come to the conclusion that an B18b+Gsr transmission(turbo later on) would do me well (budget of about
2-2.5k for swap and about 2k for turbo setup later on).
The car is a 93 EX Coupe:

1) What is needed to put a gsr transmission onto an ls engine? anything special or is it just a bolt on?

2) Will the EX wiring harness(I know the vtec wires will not be used) work and will the ecu work with the swap or will i need to use the LS ones?

3) Since i dont want to get a whole swap, and if i cant find a swap with a gsr transmission included.... what imperticular things do I need? Im going to try and fined a junkyard and get a whole swap except the tranny... so do i just get axels, linkage etc? I need specific parts if you can please.

4) I know you guys hate these questions.... but my goal with the swap+i/h/e is low 15's - high 14's if the track gods like me, and mid 13's with a turbo set up at around 8 psi, tuned. Do these times sound reasonable in a heavy coupe? The FI setup sounds reasonable, but the NA sounds kinda Iffy... Id feel kinda of crappy, if I just did the swap and got a 16.0 1/4 ( I know this engine is better used with turbo, but id like to get something out of it while I save for turbo)

5) The Car is white with black moldings (I plan on self painting white soon). I had a cpl decent pics of how id like it to look but i have formated my hard drive since then. So if you could post a cpl tasteful lowered white coupes w/ rims id appreciate it.

6) Any advice is appreciated, and if anyone with a simular setup could post their experiences/timeslips/dynos id appreciate it.

7)Ive thought about using a b16 tranny, I heard it had a closer gear ratio and would be a little cheaper... but i read that they break easily when combined with a b18 engine.... is this true?

Old 04-08-2003, 07:11 PM

Default Re: 93 Ex Coupe Swap Info (PUSHER)

bump for the night, please help
Old 04-08-2003, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 93 Ex Coupe Swap Info (PUSHER)

1. bolts right on to a B engine

2. harness should match up but get b18b ECU

3. all you need is B tranny(b18, gsr, etc), B engine, B ecu and a few of the B mounts.

4. 15's NA...yes......13's turbo...yes make sure it is a T3.

5. no pics from me...sorry

6. keep using the search button and keep asking specific questions.

7. unknown if they break. most likely not. All I've heard it that H's break more often.

Thats all I have to offer. Good luck.