Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

93 CX hatch w/ Gsr brakes what rims fit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 CX hatch w/ Gsr brakes what rims fit?

hi would 4X100 14" stock steelies fit over Gsr brakes? what are the sizes fit?
Old 11-21-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: 93 CX hatch w/ Gsr brakes what rims fit? (trigun7469)

nope, 15" or bigger unless you want to shave the caliper. my buddy clubs fit nicely over the larger rotor/caliper combo
Old 11-21-2005, 12:12 PM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: 93 CX hatch w/ Gsr brakes what rims fit? (SpydiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpydiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nope, 15" or bigger unless you want to shave the caliper. my buddy clubs fit nicely over the larger rotor/caliper combo </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wrong.. 14" steelies will fit fine. Nothing smaller than 14" though. That means NO VX wheels for you!
Old 11-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 93 CX hatch w/ Gsr brakes what rims fit? (Hatchy-Ownzjo0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchy-Ownzjo0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wrong.. 14" steelies will fit fine. Nothing smaller than 14" though. That means NO VX wheels for you! </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea no VX wheels
Old 11-26-2005, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

also make sure you have a spare tire that will fit the new system in cade you get a flat..
Old 11-26-2005, 10:42 PM
RTI

Default Re: (electronbluehatch)

GSR and LS brakes are the same, and the LS came with 14 inch steelies.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:37 AM

bump
Old 11-28-2005, 06:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchy-Ownzjo0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wrong.. 14" steelies will fit fine. Nothing smaller than 14" though. That means NO VX wheels for you! </TD></TR></TABLE>

wrong....you have to either shave the caliper or use washers because the 14'' steelies on civics will not clear the ls/gsr brakes

i used washers and have NO complaints
Old 11-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Suspetise...

Default Re: 93 CX hatch w/ Gsr brakes what rims fit? (sockvtec)

I sure used stock 14" steelies without any spacers, and had no problems with fitment. No shaving of the caliper/bracket either.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:53 PM
RTI

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sockvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wrong....you have to either shave the caliper or use washers because the 14'' steelies on civics will not clear the ls/gsr brakes

i used washers and have NO complaints </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have never heard of this happening. I thought that eg civics with ABS have the same brakes as LS/GSR, and come with 14x5 steelies. And, LS integras came with 14's too. I don't think they had spacers from the factory.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Suspetise...

Default Re: 93 CX hatch w/ Gsr brakes what rims fit? (RTI)

I can tell you absolutely for sure 14" steelies fit. I mean, I HAD them on my car. Without spacers. It doesn't get more conclusive than that. They don't fit now of course, but that's because I have ITR brakes in the front.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Re: 93 CX hatch w/ Gsr brakes what rims fit? (sscguy)

Again 100% 14" will fit over the GSR brakes. Did it within the past few months. I have steelies for sale by the way,
Have fun rippin rear-disk-ebrake-slides in the rain
Old 11-29-2005, 09:21 AM

Default Re: 93 CX hatch w/ Gsr brakes what rims fit? (EG_intheworks)

well my 14'' stock civic steelies didnt fit over my gsr brakes without rubbing, so i had to use the spacers

and i heard the LS steelies had better clearance than the civic ones...
Old 11-29-2005, 09:26 AM

calipers on the abs civics were still smaller than the teg ones

and im getting all my info from other brake threads, <FONT SIZE="3">and hot damn if im the only one whose 14'' steelies didnt fit over gsr brakes</FONT>

ha cause i know im not
Old 11-29-2005, 09:32 AM
H-T Poker champion

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sockvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">calipers on the abs civics were still smaller than the teg ones

and im getting all my info from other brake threads, <FONT SIZE="3">and hot damn if im the only one whose 14'' steelies didnt fit over gsr brakes</FONT>

ha cause i know im not</TD></TR></TABLE>

All i know is my 14 inch steelies fit over my REAR gsr brakes.. I dont have the front GSR brakes on my car, so I cant vouche for that, but 14 inch steelies fit over the rear calipers with no problem..

They are from a 4-door GSR, but I dont think there is a difference between the coupe and sedan calipers.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How much better are the GSR brakes than 93 si brakes if they are better?
Old 11-29-2005, 09:46 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchy-Ownzjo0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All i know is my 14 inch steelies fit over my REAR gsr brakes.. I dont have the front GSR brakes on my car, so I cant vouche for that, but 14 inch steelies fit over the rear calipers with no problem..

They are from a 4-door GSR, but I dont think there is a difference between the coupe and sedan calipers. </TD></TR></TABLE>

92-95 civic and 94-01 integra rear disk are the same, so of course the 14's will fit over the rear

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoonracer84eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much better are the GSR brakes than 93 si brakes if they are better?</TD></TR></TABLE>

the calipers are bigger, and if you dont have ABS on your si....the teg rotors are bigger

this = better braking

i have 99 gsr brakes on my si and braking power has increased SO much over stock, and i still have the 13/16 master cylinder
Old 11-29-2005, 09:48 AM
H-T Poker champion

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sockvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">92-95 civic and 94-01 integra rear disk are the same, so of course the 14's will fit over the rear
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha.. Doh! Forgot about that.. Stupid SI's and their rear disk brakes!
Old 11-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sockvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

92-95 civic and 94-01 integra rear disk are the same, so of course the 14's will fit over the rear

the calipers are bigger, and if you dont have ABS on your si....the teg rotors are bigger

this = better braking

i have 99 gsr brakes on my si and braking power has increased SO much over stock, and i still have the 13/16 master cylinder</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did that year GSR have abs? If so would I have to do any mods to put them on my car? I might go to that set up if its not that hard. (Runs off to do some searching)
Old 11-29-2005, 09:57 AM
Suspetise...

Default Re: 93 CX hatch w/ Gsr brakes what rims fit? (spoonracer84eg)

Ok, let's see if we can compile some facts here. First, the Civic ABS brakes are the same rotor diameter as the Teg brakes, but do NOT have the same caliper. The Teg calipers have two bolt holding the caliper to the bracket, while the Civic has 1 bolt and 1 slider thingy. There may or may not be differences beyond that (such as piston size), I have no idea. 14" LS/RS steelies will fit FOR SURE over Teg brakes with zero modifications. If they didn't, there's no way the cars would have been sold like that. Does anyone other than sockvtec have experience with 14" Civic steelies not fitting over the Teg brakes? If not, sock, you may have either non-OEM steelies, or just got unlucky with something uncommon. I would think Honda wouldn't bother making two different types of 14" steelies when the Teg ones would work on both cars.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Suspetise...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sockvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have 99 gsr brakes on my si and braking power has increased SO much over stock, and i still have the 13/16 master cylinder</TD></TR></TABLE>

The bigger MC will only improve brake pedal feel, not braking ability. It's worth doing anyway.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoonracer84eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did that year GSR have abs? If so would I have to do any mods to put them on my car? I might go to that set up if its not that hard. (Runs off to do some searching)</TD></TR></TABLE>

They'll bolt up just fine. Keep in mind when you do this, you're only screwing with the calipers, brackets, and rotors (and maybe spindles/knuckle, depending on what you have). The ABS stuff isn't part of that as far as hardware in concerned. If you wanted to like upgrade to ABS, that'd be quite a project, and would involve the ABS unit, computer, new lines in the engine bay, etc. I don't think the GSR/LS ABS is worth that hassle.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not wanting to upgrade to abs. Just some bigger brakes. I would probably only do the front brakes. I dont think upgrading the rear would do much.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Suspetise...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoonracer84eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not wanting to upgrade to abs. Just some bigger brakes. I would probably only do the front brakes. I dont think upgrading the rear would do much.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, no problem then. And yeah, upgrading the rear, as long as you have the disc setup, won't do a whole lot. And you CERTAINLY don't need more than base model teg stuff in the rear, as I already have some issues with locking them up with a pretty weak pad (Axxis Ultimates).
Old 11-29-2005, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cool. I am looking for someone selling some calipers. Having some trouble finding some but I will. Then I will see if they work out when I get them.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoonracer84eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did that year GSR have abs? If so would I have to do any mods to put them on my car? I might go to that set up if its not that hard. (Runs off to do some searching)</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes my setup did have abs, but only required unbolting the abs lines...the stock lines will fit perfect with no reflaring or anything...(fur future searching refrence,)<FONT SIZE="3">you only have to reflare the brake lines when you use the integra master cylinder and booster</FONT>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sscguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, let's see if we can compile some facts here. First, the Civic ABS brakes are the same rotor diameter as the Teg brakes, but do NOT have the same caliper. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes fact 1

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sscguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Teg calipers have two bolt holding the caliper to the bracket, while the Civic has 1 bolt and 1 slider thingy. There may or may not be differences beyond that (such as piston size), I have no idea. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea fact 2 for the civic bolt, and pistons are bigger thats why the caliper is im sure

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sscguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> 14" LS/RS steelies will fit FOR SURE over Teg brakes with zero modifications. If they didn't, there's no way the cars would have been sold like that. Does anyone other than sockvtec have experience with 14" Civic steelies not fitting over the Teg brakes? If not, sock, you may have either non-OEM steelies, or just got unlucky with something uncommon. I would think Honda wouldn't bother making two different types of 14" steelies when the Teg ones would work on both cars. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes, ive seen in other brake threads about this...and then when i test fitted w/o the washers, it did rub the caliper when i spun the wheel

the teg steelies were not the same as civic ones, even tho they were the same size diameter....the integra steelies allowed for the clearance

if anyone has done this you could see the clearance compared to the civic steelie

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoonracer84eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not wanting to upgrade to abs. Just some bigger brakes. I would probably only do the front brakes. I dont think upgrading the rear would do much.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it would if you have drum in the rear