Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

93 CX hatch build

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 CX hatch build

Hey guys. Fairly new to the site ,Into hondas for a minute. I have owned several 92-95 civics but this is my first hatch. I am planning on dropping in a B18b1 for a 96 Integra LS and a S80 trans from a 97 LS. I also have the OBD2a ECU. I have done research on line, most notably Dans massive OBD2 swap. Here is the rundown of everything I am planning. I am going to attemp this in one weekend as this is my daily driver, just trying to be sure I have everything covered before I disable the car. I know this might be pushing it time wise but I can do a D to D series swap in about. 10-12 hrs without a lift, and I now have access to air tools and a lift. So anyways here goes.
As stated I currently have the engine (alt, dist, included), transmission, ecu, engine side wiring harness, LS shift linkage, short shift, exhaust manifold, down pipe, o2 sensor, starter, t bracket for rear mount (LS), the clutch slave LS. I also picked up a fuel line and heater hoses from a DA integra, don't know if they will work but they were free.

I have plans on picking up new mounts, clutch set, wiring harness adapter, axles, half shaft and hardware, 4 wire o2 conversion (looking for good info on this), integra radiator hoses, a Del Sol a/c bracket (keeping my a/c), and basic tune up stuff ( plugs, fluids, filters).

I am also considering swapping over to the LS radiator, but don't want to lose my a/c. LS hubs for the bigger brakes front and rear, although I believe I can complete the swap with the CX hubs. I eventually want to do the conversion anyway due to the @*#$ drum brakes.

All that being said if I forgot anything or if you have good info on the swap, lemme know. I also have no idea how to post pics in the thread as I am new to forums, when I figure it out ill add some pics. I live just south of Jacksonville, FL, so if you have some parts you might wanna come off of feel free to PM me. Thx.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Trial User

Default Re: 93 CX hatch build

I think u shuld go with d series as they are lighter engines n jus turbo it but thats my opinion.. Ls isnt a bad motor for boost either tho
Old 02-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Should be a pretty decent power gain. In for pics
Old 02-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Civic EH2
I think u shuld go with d series as they are lighter engines n jus turbo it but thats my opinion.. Ls isnt a bad motor for boost either tho

He didn't say anything about boost.

But it seem like you are on the right path. Dans writeup is great reference...shouldn't need anything other than that. I think he pretty much covered everything.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thx guys, seems like a pretty good community here. I had lots of grand plans for the swap, but turns out I have a kid on the way so the budget has tightened up considerably, plus the LS should be pretty reliable N/A, and I will be doubling my HP. The CX motor is about toast so it will actually be more than double. Honestly ill just be happy to finally be riding B-series. I have had several D-series, my favorite was my EX with a JDM SOHC V-TEC swap. Black on black with spray can black steelies. I hacked the springs, AEM short ram, cheapo exhaust, front and rear strut bars, and roof chassis stiffener. Had a lot of good times in that car, but got waxed top end by the b series. Have to see if I can dig up a pic. About to order the clutch set and hopefully the mounts if I can swing it. Soon to be riding B series? One can only hope.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Update on the swap. Ordered the clutch, mounts and conversion harness for the swap. Should be here by the 20th I also took some time to clean up my dads garage in preperation for the swap. Hope to get started this week end. Stay tuned.....
Old 02-18-2012, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Axles, radiator hoses, thermo, plugs, exhaust mani and flange gasket, alt belt purchased. Start the tear down today, pics to follow.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

The integra engine harness will not work on a '96 - '00 Civic due to it's two piece design vs the civics 1 piece.

The Integra T-bracket also doesn't work, it's too long, you need one from a '99 - '00 Civic Si -> 50827-S04-N10 $45.75 from majestic Honda.

Further side note, don't disconnect the clutch line, just unbolt the slave cylinder from the D-series bell housing and swing it out of the way, it's the same as the B-series one so there's no reason to change it unless it's bad. This way you wont have to bleed it.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Pulled the D series today in just over 3 hours. To be fair this is the first time i've had a lift and air tools so it really helped my time. Probably the fastest yet. Tomorrow will be detailing the engine bay (wax like substance all over) and parts should be here monday. Still gotta find a crank pulley, and pick up the throttle cable. Thanks for the info eg8. The write up im using says i can use the integra t bracket, but i will know for sure by tues at the latest, and let you know for sure.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Seagull Management

Originally Posted by 93 hatchguy
Thanks for the info eg8. The write up im using says i can use the integra t bracket, but i will know for sure by tues at the latest, and let you know for sure.
You're welcome. You can use the Integra bracket in a '92 - '95 Civic, but not a '96 - '00 I can absolutely guarantee you the T-bracket you have doesn't work.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94EG8
You're welcome. You can use the Integra bracket in a '92 - '95 Civic, but not a '96 - '00 I can absolutely guarantee you the T-bracket you have doesn't work.
ok, i am dropping a 96 ls bock and a 97 integra trans and t bracket, into a 93 hatch. In theory i should have the right part? i am also about to drive across town and pick up a 99 si crank pulley and hopefully the half shaft hardware, to put on my 96 ls. Do you know of and problems i would have with this? To my understanding 94-00 B series should be the same.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Started cleaning the engine bay up and realized i'm in for some work. there is definitly some kinda wax sprayed all over my engine bay and nothing will cut throught it. Looks like a heat gun and rags for me...........
Old 02-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Get some pics!
Old 02-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I do everything from my phone and its a PITA the post pics in thread, all the pics i have so have are located here https://honda-tech.com/album.php?albumid=31488 , or you can just check out my album by clicking my name. I had plans to do a full write up but i didn't take enough pics to pull it off and i don't have much help. Hard to operate my camera with greasy *** fingers. If i get to a comp for a bit i might get some pic in thread.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

once again i would like to give props to Dan the man for his awesome write up. If you are reading this thread for tech info, take some time and check this out. https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/dans-massive-obd2-b18b1-into-1992-civic-cx-hatch-write-up-2239971/
Old 02-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Seagull Management

Originally Posted by 93 hatchguy
ok, i am dropping a 96 ls bock and a 97 integra trans and t bracket, into a 93 hatch. In theory i should have the right part? i am also about to drive across town and pick up a 99 si crank pulley and hopefully the half shaft hardware, to put on my 96 ls. Do you know of and problems i would have with this? To my understanding 94-00 B series should be the same.
Oh crap. I totally misread your first post. I thought this swap was going in a '96 Civic

The harness and the T-bracket you have will work fine. Yes a '99 - '00 intermediate shaft and crank pulley should work fine.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Pics pics pics pics. bwhaha.
Welcome to HT.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, I've run into my first couple of snags, thought I would share. First off I was under the impression the everything I got with my swap was 94-00 integra and the T bracket dose not work. I am not 100% sure it is the right bracket. That being said I'm hunting one to compare it to. I was also under the impression that the OBD2 engine side wiring harness would plug into the shock tower harness connectors. I have one plug on each side that dose not plug up. It looks like it should work but there are plastic tabs of some sort preventing connection. Has anyone had experience with this, can I attempt to remove the tabs, or am I reading my information wrong, and it dose not "plug and play". I do have a conversion harness for the ECU, so that should not be a problem. At least I hope it won't. Thanks
Old 02-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What's up guys, here is the latest. The swap is complete and been on the road for a few days now. Everything seems to be good. I fixed the harness issue by pulling the white piece for one of the plugs on each side and plugged everything in. I had to increase size on one of the hoses that run from the charcoal can to an intake sensor (map I believe) and one no longer hooks up. I left it loose to vent. I picked up a set of Yonaka mounts for the swap and quickly realized they will not work with stock hardware. I could complain, but I got them for a deal and the are full urethane. The stock CX exhaust dose not connect and will need to be taken to a muffler shop. While I was there I had new 2 1/4 pipe ran, with a glass pack and a DC sports weld on. I also read something about people having issues with short shifter hangups on this swap, but I encounter nothing of the sort. Might be something specific to the brand/design of shifter. Contacted Boomslang for my conversion harness. They were cheaper than Hasport and great customer service. Plugged in and fired right up, Its also pre wired for the o2 conversion and v tec I believe. All and all it was a pretty easy swap. Every thing went in clean and hook right up. The car is a lot beefier. My next big plans are an Integra disc brake conversion all the way around, and a LS/V-TEC conversion. Probably be a while as my first kid is on the way. Maybe some chassis stiffeners and shocks for now as they are more in the budget. I really can't think of anything else that wasn't covered in Dans write-up, if you have any question regarding this swap feel free to PM me. Thanks to everyone on HT who took the time to help a "Noob" with his swap. Found just about everything I needed to know and damn sure made my life easier.