Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

93 Cx A/C removal & fuel / other lines. Engine Removal Pt.2! **56k grab a pillow**

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Cx A/C removal & fuel / other lines. Engine Removal Pt.2! **56k grab a pillow**

I know there are a few threads that talk about removing the A/C lines and all. I was outside working on pulling the Cx motor once again. In a short time I got the radiator out, splash guard, bumper off, intake box (bumper has to come off to get this), and that's about it

Now there are just a bunch of hoses left and yep pics for you guys to tell me what I am suppose to do

If you guys can tell me using the pics how exactly I cna drain the freon for the A/C that would be great. I guess I should of took it to Jiffy Lube before I removed the axles, shift linkage, and everything else. Now I guess I've got to do it the ghetto way. Is there anyway I can get around drainging the freon and just leave the A/C intact to the motor? I'm thinking not since I have to disconnect the lines to remove the engine.

I have the hoses #'ed so you guys can easily tell me which ones I need to mess with or not:

What are those 2 steel lines behind the battery tray? Looked like they are connected to the A/C. Can these be removed?

Any idea what hose this is coming out the firewall? It's just hanging there. Could be something my brother disconnected that other week when he disconnected the engine harnesses while I was at Sears grabbing a 32mm socket

Looking at the passengers side intake manifold. Can someone give me some info on which ones I will need to loosen to release the fuel pressure?

A look at the drivers side. Again what hoses should I disconnect here:

Another shot a little backed out showing the fuel rail:

Just need to get the necessary lines / hoses seperated so I can pull this motor.
Not going to be using A/C with the GSR so all lines can go!

Thanks!
Old 03-05-2003, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 93 Cx A/C removal & fuel / other lines. Engine Removal Pt.2! **56k grab a pillow** (Hybrid93Hat

you can pull all the ac lines, if youre not worried about the coolant. (its bad for the ozone, you know) so if its not going back in, who gives a ****? and by the way, freon isnt a liquid except when its pressurized. so you cant drain it. unless its like r-11 or r-7... it has to be sucked out using special equipment (i used to do commercial HVAC, thats how i know) like a recapture machine. so if you dont want ac anymore, rip it out, and wait for the hissing to stop. it wont hurt you, just dont breathe it. when its dont, take off both the lines from the compressor to the coil. those are the heaviest parts anyway. as for the fuel pressure, get a haynes manual or a bentley manual. they have step by step how to do it. other than that, its easy getting the other **** outta there. you shouldnt need a lot of help if youre mechanically inclined. if youre not, have the swap done for you. imho.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 93 Cx A/C removal & fuel / other lines. Engine Removal Pt.2! **56k grab a pillow** (Hybrid93Hat

you can pull all the ac lines, if youre not worried about the coolant. (its bad for the ozone, you know) so if its not going back in, who gives a ****? and by the way, freon isnt a liquid except when its pressurized. so you cant drain it. unless its like r-11 or r-7... it has to be sucked out using special equipment (i used to do commercial HVAC, thats how i know) like a recapture machine. so if you dont want ac anymore, rip it out, and wait for the hissing to stop. it wont hurt you, just dont breathe it. when its dont, take off both the lines from the compressor to the coil. those are the heaviest parts anyway. as for the fuel pressure, get a haynes manual or a bentley manual. they have step by step how to do it. other than that, its easy getting the other **** outta there. you shouldnt need a lot of help if youre mechanically inclined. if youre not, have the swap done for you. imho.
How do I know if it's r11 or r7?
I provided the pics so I can figure out where to start. I just don't want to start loosening $hit up and pressure cause the $hit to spray out (if that is even possible). You say it's easy getting the $hit out, but you can't tell me where to start. Only to grab a manual or have someone else do it for me No offense, but that really isn't helping out! Somoene else will be able to tell me something from the pics. We can both learn

[Modified by Hybrid93Hatch, 11:07 AM 3/5/2003]

[Modified by Hybrid93Hatch, 11:08 AM 3/5/2003]
Old 03-05-2003, 07:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Relieving fuel pressure isn't hard.
Disconnect the battery.
Open the fuel filler cap.
and disconnect the fuel line on the fuel filter.
make sure you get a rag so you don't spill the fuel.

edit: isn't there a bolt on the fuel filter? If there is, loosen it and it should release the pressure. Hm... sorry if I'm not helping you out anyway. I don't remember much

edit2: stuck at home and was searching the forum....this is the closest thing i could find https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=164060 ...but the link doesnt work anymore..

[Modified by Cuong-nutz, 10:55 AM 3/5/2003]

[Modified by Cuong-nutz, 11:07 AM 3/5/2003]