Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

93 civic .. going out of control!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car wont start (93 civic) .. going out of control!!!

ok ive been posting on this site for past month or so , tryna find help and i appreciate all of you who have helped me.. i've learned alot so far but lately my car has been going thru some issues.. first off my check engine light stays lit.. i tried to get the codes off the ecu and its not throwing me any codes the light stays lit... second is spark, im not getting any kind of spark (last i checked was month ago).. third is my fuel pump it doesnt prime at all .. forth is my relays they dont click.

now i connected my battery to my fuel pump and it primes i was in shocked cause here iam thinking my fuel pump is bad but now if left me wondering if the fuel pump primes when i connect my car battery to it then it must be my main relay thats F**k up ... iam right? but then i cant figure out why im not getting spark.. so i need help on finding out what could prevent the fuel pump from priming and why im not getting any kind of spark so honda tech please help mee again for like the 400000 times!! lol

Old 02-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: car wont start (93 civic) .. going out of control!!! (jdmmostwanted)

To check the cel's, try pushing your jumper on up in the connector as far as possible. For the no priming on pump, try trplacing the main relay, and the no spark issue take the rotor cap off the dizzy and see if the button is in place if it is your ignite/coil might be bad.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:46 AM

Default Re: car wont start (z6hatchboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by z6hatchboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To check the cel's, try pushing your jumper on up in the connector as far as possible. For the no priming on pump, try trplacing the main relay, and the no spark issue take the rotor cap off the dizzy and see if the button is in place if it is your ignite/coil might be bad.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i tried the jumper to get the codes off my ecu .. my cel stays lit so i believe thats code 0 for bad ecu ... but what did you mean for the no priming on pump??... i will replace the main relay tomorrow or monday and for the spark issue i took the cap off today and my bro was cranking the car and my rotor moves so i know my timing belt is not broken.. but that button you are talking about does it look like a spring? because the spring i have on there is kinda bent but still fits in hole its suppose to but since its so bent i dont think it reaches the medal thing inside the cap. what do you think??
Old 02-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: car wont start (jdmmostwanted)

You said your fuel pump was nto priming when you turned the key, thats usual a bad main relay. The rotor button is: When you take the cap off the dizzy, its the middle button looking thing that has a slip of metal on it (too hit the contacts on the rotor cap). Sometimes the screw holding these on come out and they're not aligned anymore. If its good i would try a diff dizzy. Either one you know that works or a new one.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:10 AM

Default Re: car wont start (z6hatchboy)

oh alright thanks ill do that today ill just take my dizzy out and take it to autozone let the m test it to see if it any good..