Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

'93 Civic

Old 05-12-2004, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '93 Civic

Hey all, whats up? I know I'm a newb and someone will probably tell me to refer to some tech forum somewhere else but I'll go ahead and try. I have a 1993 Civic DX, completely stock....for now. I was driving it home (home being 70 miles away) from the place I bought it and the guy failed to tell me that the water-pump was bad, so I overheated the engine and cracked the block (I think...haven't taken it anywhere to have someone look at it). So basically I think I'm looking at replacing the motor, I've been told that a B-18 is the best, so that's the direction I'll probably head in. I'm wanting to reach about 4-500 hp, so any help or finger in the right direction is greatly apperciated.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: '93 Civic (thesecoldblueyes)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thesecoldblueyes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey all, whats up? I know I'm a newb and someone will probably tell me to refer to some tech forum somewhere else but I'll go ahead and try. I have a 1993 Civic DX, completely stock....for now. I was driving it home (home being 70 miles away) from the place I bought it and the guy failed to tell me that the water-pump was bad, so I overheated the engine and cracked the block (I think...haven't taken it anywhere to have someone look at it). So basically I think I'm looking at replacing the motor, I've been told that a B-18 is the best, so that's the direction I'll probably head in. I'm wanting to reach about 4-500 hp, so any help or finger in the right direction is greatly apperciated.</TD></TR></TABLE>

For the 4-500hp i say drop a RB26DETT in there, goes right in, and theres a FWD conversion for it SEARCH around HT its been done

I dont even want to tell you where you could stick your finger after a post like this.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:38 PM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: '93 Civic (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

For the 4-500hp i say drop a RB26DETT in there, goes right in, and theres a FWD conversion for it SEARCH around HT its been done

I dont even want to tell you where you could stick your finger after a post like this. </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is funny rb26dett, yep I'm not even sure if that thing would fit into engine bay even without a tranny, lol.

oh yeah if you 4hp I suggest honda lawmover engine. 500hp yeah you could stick two fingers up your ***.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:39 PM

Type-R B18 would be a good decision if you wanted a B18. It comes stock with a LSD and a quick motor stock. The only thing is that they are expensive. Look into that.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: '93 Civic (ABK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ABK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This is funny rb26dett, yep I'm not even sure if that thing would fit into engine bay even without a tranny, lol.
.</TD></TR></TABLE>

SHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! What does he know?
Old 05-12-2004, 08:41 PM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

SHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! What does he know? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh my bad you said that you had 93 civic I though that you had 88 red wagon, yeah that motor goes right in you can pick up rb26dett for about $3000, put it right in.

LMAO
Old 05-12-2004, 08:42 PM

Before you even think about 4-500 hp think about how much of it you actually NEED and use. Alot of people around on HT only need about half of that HP level and have tons of fun..

You really dont need to be making that much power...especially on a daily driven street car.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thesecoldblueyes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey all, whats up? I know I'm a newb and someone will probably tell me to refer to some tech forum somewhere else but I'll go ahead and try. I have a 1993 Civic DX, completely stock....for now. I was driving it home (home being 70 miles away) from the place I bought it and the guy failed to tell me that the water-pump was bad, so I overheated the engine and cracked the block (I think...haven't taken it anywhere to have someone look at it). So basically I think I'm looking at replacing the motor, I've been told that a B-18 is the best, so that's the direction I'll probably head in. I'm wanting to reach about 4-500 hp, so any help or finger in the right direction is greatly apperciated.</TD></TR></TABLE>

500hp? be ready to spend huge amounts of cash. its possible but get ready to get bent over the hood. personnaly i would decide on what direction you wanna go NA or FI. then decide what motor is best for you. the b18c5 might not be the best turbo motor but its an excellant platform to build a killer NA, the b18b or even teh b20 is better for FI, then you could start looking into what cost you are willing to go. i doubt there are many people who would disagree that hp isnt cheap.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:46 PM

2JZE-GTE
Old 05-12-2004, 08:47 PM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: '93 Civic (jameskersten1)

Hey he is getting RB26DETT remember. People who want 500whp out of 4 banger and drive it everyday, didn't grow up yet.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: '93 Civic (ABK)

RB26DETT &gt; 2JZ-GTE (for a Civic)

Old 05-12-2004, 08:50 PM

LOL why because he gonna make it an AWD Hatch? LMAO!
Old 05-12-2004, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: '93 Civic (REDGEAR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by REDGEAR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL why because he gonna make it an AWD Hatch? LMAO!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because it has m4d tYtE VtAk y0!!@2$!

**** i cant type, did any of you guys see that new car commerical thats posted in the GDD forum. Thats some crazy graphics.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:05 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: '93 Civic (jameskersten1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jameskersten1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
the b18b or even teh b20 is better for FI</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would much rather boost a ls or ls/vtec over a b20.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:17 PM

I fail to understand ******** like ABK "Hey he is getting RB26DETT remember. People who want 500whp out of 4 banger and drive it everyday, didn't grow up yet." No, you didn't grow up yet, I never said whp, learn to read you illiterate *****, I asked a question, told you I was newb, have no idea what I'm doing, and you're gonna be a dick. I don't know jack **** about imports, you give me somethin' with a carb on it and I'll make it fly, this is why I asked for help. So why don't you grow up and not post on somethin' you're gonna be a bitch about, stick your whole fist up your *** and go somewhere else.

Dyzee you're right, what do you reccomend my hp goal be? And yes I do want to Turbo whichever way I decide to go. I've also been told about D motors, the ones in CRX's. Any ideas?
Old 05-12-2004, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thesecoldblueyes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1. I fail to understand ******** like ABK "Hey he is getting RB26DETT remember. People who want 500whp out of 4 banger and drive it everyday, didn't grow up yet." 2. No, you didn't grow up yet, I never said whp, learn to read you illiterate *****, I asked a question, told you I was newb, have no idea what I'm doing, and you're gonna be a dick. 3. I don't know jack **** about imports, you give me somethin' with a carb on it and I'll make it fly, this is why I asked for help. So why don't you grow up and not post on somethin' you're gonna be a bitch about, stick your whole fist up your *** and go somewhere else.

4. Dyzee you're right, what do you reccomend my hp goal be? And yes I do want to Turbo whichever way I decide to go. I've also been told about D motors, the ones in CRX's. Any ideas?</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. We see these post everyday and they get boring, so we make them fun

2. Doesnt ******* matter if you say whp, rwhp, chp, bhp, or anything, 500hp is crazy for someone that doesnt know anything about imports.

3. You shouldnt have asked what you asked if you dont know ****.

4. If you want a D series to be at 500hp youll have to spend as much money as it would cost to buy a house. You are looking at alot of money to have it saftly done. If it happens you wont be able to drive on the street, ill tell you that much right now.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:25 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Haha ^ He beat me to the punch by about 2 seconds

Here is your problem

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thesecoldblueyes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I asked a question, told you I was newb, have no idea what I'm doing, and you're gonna be a dick. I don't know jack **** about imports.

Turbo whichever way I decide to go. I've also been told about D motors, the ones in CRX's. Any ideas?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You said it yourself, you don't know dick about imports. Despite that fact you come on here with no previous experience with these cars or swaps and start throwing around unrealistic numbers like 400 hp.

The only way to make this kind of power on a honda motor is to boost it. You really need to know a ton about your engine and the components you are going to use, you know nothing about either.

That is why you are being flamed and no the d series will not get you to 400 hp and the 9's you are aspiring to. It takes a ton of work to make them put out 300 reliably. You are going to need to take this step by step and do a lot of research.

So unbunch your panties and don't get so bent out of shape when you ask a ridiculous question and receive even worse answers.