Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

92 VX Salvaged Hatchback. Stolen recovery. Ripping apart today who needs some stuff!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 03:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 VX Salvaged Hatchback. Stolen recovery. Ripping apart today who needs some stuff!!!!!

Ok well my 92 VX that had my precious 95GSR was dropped off at my dad's shop today. It's totally fucked. There is some interior and stock suspension that still is good.

My damn insurance company gave me 1900 bux for my car. Said the engine was only a 200 dollar difference. So now I have to hunt all over the internet and through auto shoppers to show them 92 VX hatchback w/ GSR swaps do not go for 1900 bux. Insurance companies suck. Theives suck worse. THIEVES ur dead bitch.

Anyway pics will be up later just thought I'd let some people know and to see what u guys need. IM me or hit me up. I'll be back on H-T Tuesday night to put the pics up and see what kinda parts u people are interested in.

Thanks guys take care and keep those honda's safe. **** theives I hope heaven has a seperate line for theives.

EDIT - Took the name out. I am 90% sure I know who took the car. What goes around comes around.

Modified by bobbysteelz at 3:15 PM 5/13/2004
Old 05-11-2004, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 92 VX Salvaged Hatchback. Stolen recovery. Ripping apart today who needs some stuff!!!!! (bobbys

Id first go to Ebay and print out all info on Hb with gsr swaps and what they end for. Then print out a few pages from Hmotorsonline JDMParts and a few others to show your insurance company that the swaps alone sell for twice what they paid you.
Good Luck... as far as the thief is concerned. I'd take it to court. Not worth yourself getting fucked again if you do something stupid.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 92 VX Salvaged Hatchback. Stolen recovery. Ripping apart today who needs some stuff!!!!! (bobbys

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bobbysteelz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> TYRONE SAPP ur a dead bitch.
</TD></TR></TABLE>You know who stole your car?
Old 05-11-2004, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you are parting out ****...what are you doing with the shell?? Good luck getting money from insurance...insurance companies REALLY suck.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sold my gsr swapped 94 vx hatch for $7300 without the wheels. PM me I'll see if I can help you out in any way.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ef9_sir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You know who stole your car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

edit*** i see now im retarded
Old 05-11-2004, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you didnt have the motor registerd with the insurance company, there is no way they are going to cover it.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:12 AM

I'd like the rear wiper delete stuff, IM me with cost shipped to 88101 and an address and name to send it to. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My parents have had the worst trouble with insurance companies. Neither of them were at fault in their accidents, but the insurance company kept blowing them off. My dad reported them to some state agency. Insurance company, theif, what's the difference? Anyways, I've heard of people getting back some money on their parts/accessories even though they weren't covered seperately, they technically raised the value of the car.

There's an underbody plastic panel in the rear bumper, covering the gap opposite the muffler. It's called a diffuser and only the VX has it. It's number 14 in this diagram (and whatever goes with it). How much you want for it? I also need the large passenger rear/side interior panel, black, but I doubt you can ship that to San Diego.

shaundrake@metacrawler.com
Old 05-11-2004, 07:37 AM

I need the gauge cluster depending on price.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:39 AM

i could use the fenders, hood, front bumper and real lower control arm. let me kno how much u want
Old 05-11-2004, 08:11 AM

Default Re: (shaner)

Insurance companies are unbelievable.. What coverage did you have? They should give you at least $4k. Good luck..

I hope all you POS theives die a slow, miserable death!!
Old 05-11-2004, 09:30 AM

i know how you feel some pos stole my bike (yamaha not a huffy) i saw it in a parking lot and called the cops. if you still have them ill take the fenders. i can't pm yet im to new.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:41 PM

I could use the VX exhaust manifold, if its like the one on my '95 VX. There are at least 2 different VX exhaust manifolds that i know of. Mine developed a small crack up the middle from the o2 sensor hole. I searched around at local Honda yards and one place said the VX ex. man. are notorious for cracking where mine did. Is this true? Mine has the cylinder tubes coming out a few inches from the head before curving down toward the catalytic converter. If yours match, how much do you want for it?
Old 05-13-2004, 11:25 AM

Ok I am limited to the stuff I have from the car. The whole shell is basically worthless to basically everyone. I took the left fender for my other hatch. The right fender is totally destroyed as well as the hood. The quarter panels are wrecked and both doors need some TLC. The whole engine bay everything was taken or cut/destroyed. The front windshield is cracked, left rear window is busted. It has no rims thus is sitting on the brakes. Also in the front I guess the morons thought I had some nice suspension or something and took the front shocks/struts so the front end is sitting on the frame because the disc for the brakes are loose.

some of the stuff that will be listed in the classified as soon as I get some pics.

1.Set of VX rims with tires. Tires are really useless 3 tires are the same 1 is different. Walmart BFgoodrich somethings.
2. White dash with red pieces. No cluster or piece that goes around it due to the thieves breaking it in half. Dash is in perfect shape very well painted. Little dirty just needs to b wiped off.
3. Driver and passenger seat. Not vx seats. They are the pure black vinyl seats.
4. Set of Taillights including inner and outter. Good shape.
5. Stock headlights. Had these laying around for awile. Great shape.
6. Clear corners.
7. Passenger side rear window. I know some stupids theives out there prolly busted a few of these out b4.
8. Rear hatch. The lines were cut that hook to it but it's in decent shape. Minor dent at the top near Honda symbol
9. Rear hatch glass. Doesn't have anything on it. No pumps, broken plastic circles on far left and far right side.

I'll get the rest posted up in a bit and try to get Pics up ASAP.

Taking any offers.

Modified by bobbysteelz at 3:43 PM 5/13/2004
Old 05-13-2004, 11:28 AM

bump
Old 05-13-2004, 11:31 AM

Default Re: (bobbysteelz)

this isnt the classifieds bro, read the rules
Old 05-13-2004, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thieves should die drowning in boiling hot water. hope this asswipe gets what's coming.

sorry about your ride.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bbarbulo)

are the rear quarters so bad that the lower lip (rust area) couldnt be cut out to section into mine?
Old 05-13-2004, 10:40 PM

i could use the rear hatch interior parts that cover the trunk really bad how much
Old 05-13-2004, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bobbysteelz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My damn insurance company gave me 1900 bux for my car. Said the engine was only a 200 dollar difference. </TD></TR></TABLE>

im sincerely sorry to hear about your loss, and i can agree about the value of said items, i cant believe you expect your insurance company to give you more when you weren't paying additional premium on the items installed on your vehicle.

your insurance company was selling you insurance for a stock VX, you were paying premiums for a stock VX. but you expect then to pay more?
Old 05-19-2004, 10:21 AM

I didn't EXPECT anything I thought with proof and everything they might help cover half or whatever something. It was more like me HOPEING
that would help alittle. I did have full coverage and with 500 deductable it came out to be 1300 bux. They only charged me 50 bux for the shell and whatever was in it, so I'll make a few bux with that as well.

It was a real shitty lesson learned, but I guess we have to learn the hard way sometimes.