Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

92 Vx Questions and need help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Vx Questions and need help.

I just picked this baby up and it needs some help before it hits the road. I just need some help and guidence getting this baby ready to roll.

1. The antenna is broken. I got a replacement with the intention of tying a string to the wire when I pulled it so I could use the string to fish the new one. However the wire was cut at the top. Any ideas on how to fish the wire back down for the new antenna? Should I just shave it and put in some other antenna? What do people do for an antenna when they remove the external?

2. Does anyone have pictures of the stock rear speaker panel? I am curious to see what it looks like before I deside if I should start looking for one or not.

3. It seems to me that the headlights suck on this car. I live out in the boonies and dodging deer is common. Are there any inexpensive headlight upgrades for this car? I searched and only really found the HID's (not sure I want to dump that kind of cash if I dont have to)

Thanks in advance,
Jack
Old 08-22-2006, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 92 Vx Questions and need help. (HondaJack)

for the lights you can pick up some sylvania's. i have them on my saturn and for the money there good. or upgrade and get some piaa's or raybrig's.

for the antenna, the cheap way would be get some haners, undo them, then tape the together (but leave some type of small hook where you will join the hangers) and fish it through to pull the wire.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:49 AM

they only came with rear speakers in Japan if you have a hatch and money is no problem I recomend getting the gathers set imported, they fit like a glove look great and they are actually alpine speakers (gathers is the japanese name for alpine I guess), honda sells a block off plate for like $20, get like a satellite radio, and the sylvanias work great on my vx
Old 08-22-2006, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (elguluso)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elguluso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they only came with rear speakers in Japan if you have a hatch and money is no problem I recomend getting the gathers set imported, they fit like a glove look great and they are actually alpine speakers (gathers is the japanese name for alpine I guess), honda sells a block off plate for like $20, get like a satellite radio, and the sylvanias work great on my vx</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaJack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

2. Does anyone have pictures of the stock rear speaker panel? I am curious to see what it looks like before I deside if I should start looking for one or not.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

usdm civic came with rear speakers. they were optional, and were single speakers on each side, unlike the gathers that are dual to each side. unfortunately, they are discontinued.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 92 Vx Questions and need help. (philosofy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

for the antenna, the cheap way would be get some hangers, undo them, then tape the together (but leave some type of small hook where you will join the hangers) and fish it through to pull the wire.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Duhhhh! Use a hanger! Thanks I will give that a try tonight. I guess when you get tired you should just go to bed because the brain has stopped working by then.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 92 Vx Questions and need help. (HondaJack)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaJack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Duhhhh! Use a hanger! Thanks I will give that a try tonight. I guess when you get tired you should just go to bed because the brain has stopped working by then.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, my brain does the same thing.