Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

92 si, Air conditioning + swap question

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 si, Air conditioning + swap question

heyall. yes i have done the search and there was quite alot that showed up. but being on a budget i have a specific question i hope someone will be able to help with.

so i have a 92 civic si with a 96 gsr swap in it. i have p/s but i dont think it matters. anywho i never had a/c with the d series motor so i have no d-series compressor. the kit i have ready for me is a brand new 92-95 civic a/c kit full kit except compressor. now my gsr motor did come with the compressor but of chourse i left it off. so my question is, is there any way to make the gsr compressor work with a civic a/c system? cuz i would rather not buy a d-series compressor unless i dont have a choice. but lets see if this can be done! lemmie know what u know ppl! help me put the used gsr compressor to use not the trash

and yes i know if i had a d-series compressor and b16/crv a/c bracket then i'm good to go. (from all the other reaserch i've done)

thanks in advanced.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 92 si, Air conditioning + swap question (wong_520)

yes there is a way to make it all work. You'll need wiring diagrams from mitchell on demand (i like those best) or alldata or the like. Then you will need parts. I had a B16A2 in my ek hatchbox. The car came with A/C , and i didnt really want to buy the a/c adapter brakcet for D to B series. So i just bought the lines. I used the B-series compressor, The stock condenser on the chassis, But i had to use a B - series low pressure line i think. I think it was the low pressure that i had to swap. The high pressure fits fine. Or vice versa....

That wasnt very helpful lol. You need to figure out which lines you will need from a Del Sol DOHC vtec for your chassis..either the low or high pressure. The D-series lines dont sit very well and will get cut up from rubbing on stuff I think 99-00 Si lines may work as well, but im not sure.

Make sure you get the lines and all the parts for a R134A system. The 93 and below cars use R12. 94+ use R134A. Since you have a 96+ compressor, R12 will not work very well in it.

Edit: When im talking about low/high pressure lines, im talking the ones from the compressor to the condenser. The chassis and interior lines are all the same im pretty sure.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: 92 si, Air conditioning + swap question (B serious)

awsome thanks for the reply.

i think i should be a bit more specific with what i have to work with

i already have a whole 92-95 a/c kit brand new, only thing missing is the compressor. (d-series)

from what i've read this kit will line up with a d-series compressor on a b18 with crv/delsol a/c mounting bracket.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=867176

that thread has most of the info i've reaserched so far.

i also have a 96 gsr compressor with a few misc lines from the teg it game from.

if it is confirmed that the gsr compressor will not fit with the 92-95 kit then i will need to buy a d-series compressor (used for prob 100$ or so and the b16/crv bracket) only then with the impression i have my a/c will work. no one else has really complained of the lines rubbing on the motor... proove me wrong if i am.

however my ps line is now touching the motor since i'm using the same line as i had on the d-series motor, it has been fine so far

anyways thats what i got. just want to know if theres anyway i can use the gsr compressor with my 92-95 civic a/c kit.

thanks again.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 92 si, Air conditioning + swap question (wong_520)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wong_520 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">awsome thanks for the reply.

i think i should be a bit more specific with what i have to work with

i already have a whole 92-95 a/c kit brand new, only thing missing is the compressor. (d-series)

from what i've read this kit will line up with a d-series compressor on a b18 with crv/delsol a/c mounting bracket.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=867176

that thread has most of the info i've reaserched so far.

i also have a 96 gsr compressor with a few misc lines from the teg it game from.

if it is confirmed that the gsr compressor will not fit with the 92-95 kit then i will need to buy a d-series compressor (used for prob 100$ or so and the b16/crv bracket) only then with the impression i have my a/c will work. no one else has really complained of the lines rubbing on the motor... proove me wrong if i am.

however my ps line is now touching the motor since i'm using the same line as i had on the d-series motor, it has been fine so far

anyways thats what i got. just want to know if theres anyway i can use the gsr compressor with my 92-95 civic a/c kit.

thanks again. </TD></TR></TABLE>

gotcha. well your line would rub against the condenser fan housing if you had a B series compressor and a D series line. But since you have D series everything, you should be fine. Just get a wiring diagram for the A/C, and figure out where to run the lines. It should be fairly simple, as it is a dealer option to have A/C installed at any time of owning your vehicle.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Re: 92 si, Air conditioning + swap question (B serious)

ok so ur saying slap on the b series compressor and see if i can give it enough room and just wire everything up making my own plugs for the wiring. and if it doesnt fit then just buy a d series condensor ?

does anyone know if the d series high/low pressure lines will mount up to my b series compressor? or do i have to buy a d series compressor? bump for more oppinions!

thanks all.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:39 AM

buump for those who may know!
Old 03-22-2007, 09:54 AM

bummmp :D
Old 03-29-2007, 08:45 AM

ok. so i think i shall just give er a go and hope things fit? if not i'll buy the d series compressor and buy a crv bracket? if anyone knows a way i will not have to put more money into this let me know. thanks