Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

92 EH2(eg) with a 94 INTEGRA AUTOMATIC cabin harness CANT FIND NEUTRAL/CLUTCH SWITCH

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 92 EH2(eg) with a 94 INTEGRA AUTOMATIC cabin harness CANT FIND NEUTRAL/CLUTCH SWITCH

Hello guys I recently bought a "new" eg shell (92 cx) previous owner switched out the cabin (in-car) harness for an automatic integra one. I am using a manual p28 ecu. MY PROBLEM is the initial starting; Car will NOT start normally by ignition switch with clutch pressed in but it WILL start by push (bump) starting it. I looked for a clutch switch and could not find one under the dash/carpet areas and was wondering would this be my obvious problem? or would it be something else wrong? I have the AUTOMATIC neutral switch and button hooked up on harness but again not sure what exactly is happening never had a car with a auto harness in a manual car before. Would this effect starting by any chance i also have an idea my starter is bad (actuator doesn't come out/contact flywheel before spinning) when i ground it to attempt forcefully make it move the starter spins in place but it doesn't contact the flywheel.any help or ideas would be appreciated. and how to fix things. I know you can bypass/disable the clutch switch also am i correct?
WOULD THIS BE SIMILAR TO A AUTO-MANUAL SWAPPED EG??? wiring wise I'D have to modify like so?

Last edited by owneyboy; 10-13-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 92 EH2(eg) with a 94 INTEGRA AUTOMATIC cabin harness CANT FIND NEUTRAL/CLUTCH SWI

no help??? no ideas?
Old 10-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 92 EH2(eg) with a 94 INTEGRA AUTOMATIC cabin harness CANT FIND NEUTRAL/CLUTCH SWI

The auto (obviously) doesn't have a clutch safety switch.

You need to find the connector that would have gone to the automatic shifter (under the console). One this cable, there are two large gauge wires, generally white/black and red/black. These need to be connected together, preferably through a relay grounded to the safety switch on the clutch pedal.

Use these instructions from an auto/manual conversion swap:

Disregard everything but the clutch switch setup (key release, etc.) - Go directly to the middle of the thread.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...ghlight=Axatax
Old 10-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^ thank you sir! im not one to be spoon fed but searching for auto to manual conversion on google is retarded useless info pops up. also by looking at your thread does that mean i have to rewire my reverse lights also? my shell is originally a manual shell but with auto harness but by reading any auto to manual conversion it seems like i should rewire the reverse lights correct?
Old 10-13-2012, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe. I don't have any knowledge outside of the shifter connector on that Acura harness.

I would wire it up, and if the brake lights don't work, the fix is simple.

You don't have to run *any* new wires to make the reverse lights work with the Honda harnesses, at least, contrary to all the auto/manual write ups.

All it needs is an additional jumper at the automatic shifter connector, and a second jumper on the unused automatic connector near the ECU. The lockup control solenoid connector at the transmission then becomes the reverse light connector.

Try it out, and if doesn't work, post back and I'll diagram the connections from the Acura schematic.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm i tried this http://imageshack.us/a/img208/9915/a...nualjumper.jpg

a friend of mine asked if i had an alarm and i said the shell has a alarm brain in it, but I've always thought that didn't matter as long as the alarm isn't activated unless relay the is bad. I am going to put my starter off my "good car" and see if it starts then if not then ill post results... thanks again for help