Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

92 eg passenger side firewall pad drenched

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 eg passenger side firewall pad drenched

As from what the title entails my passenger side firewall pad is drenched in my Honda eg. So when I discovered this I started to replace/repair an assortment of things. I put new passenger door weather stripping internal and external lining. That was a different leak I was getting...additionally, I redid the weather stripping on my cowling and when I removed the cowling I did not see any clogged ducting, etc. The previous owner had that spotless. Lastly, I filled up the rubber plug behind the pad with waterproof silicon since at the time I figured the pad only got wet when I was driving rather than the vehicle being in a stationary state. However this is not the case, the other day I had the car not running for about an entire day. Prior to that, the pad was completely dry and when I got into my car I smelt mildew and proceeded to feel the pad and was of course drenched. Now I found this interesting that only half the pad is wet horizontally and the surrounding region of the metal was dry and still had dust around where the ECU is located. Referring back to the cowling when I had it removed I did not see any issues with the windshield lining but, then again I did not look very hard. Do you think that water is still falling down the AC ducting hole in the cowl region? The second picture I have attached is something interesting that I wanted to get further insight of what you guys think. Anyways, any suggestions would be of great help and do appreciate your time looking at my issue. The wetness begins where the glovebox cuts off the pad all the way down to the sound deadening. Ignore the rat's nest of the ECU wiring...
Do you guys think this could be the culprit? I still haven't done this method.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:15 AM
Stancetard Hate Monger

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 92 eg passenger side firewall pad drenched

how's your coolant level?
Old 06-06-2017, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

When I checked this morning the reservoir was pretty low. I'm using a Fluidyne half size aluminum triple core radiator with Honda coolant mating with a B16a2 if that makes any difference.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Stancetard Hate Monger

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

heater core leaking is a possibility here.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by eghatch9295
heater core leaking is a possibility here.
Wouldnt it be filled with coolant instead of water? Cause when I press the pad water is coming out of it. Additionally, it only gets wet when it rains from what I've observed. I'll give it a look though. Thanks!