Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

92 eg hatch with swap, Ran Out Of Gas, tired to start didnt.... got some gas.... NOW WONT START....

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 eg hatch with swap, Ran Out Of Gas, tired to start didnt.... got some gas.... NOW WONT START....

I have a hatchback eg, it ran out of gas and I tried starting it back up 3 times, than I decied to go get gas and pour it in, now the gas is almost full tank and the car still does not start, it cranks but dont start.

Im thinking, air might be in the fuel lines.... anyway of getting it out???? pls any help would be great. Thanks
Old 02-09-2006, 11:30 AM

easiest way would be 2 open up a fuel line. regulator, injector. something stupid. plus this damn site is stupid. they never help unlesu have like 500 posts. ive asked a hand full of questions and have not gotten any responce.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:56 PM

what to look for after opening up the fuel line, regulator, injector? thanks
Old 02-09-2006, 01:57 PM

would you or anyone happen to know how to check if my fuel pump is dead? without having to change it out and replaceing it.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

with the way the honda fuel system works, even if you have air in the lines 90% of it would be cycled out in a matter of 2 primes of the pump. (switch key on, wait for pump to turn off, switch key off, repeat)

I've messed up a few times like this, coasted into a gas station both times. After cycling the ignition like I said twice it started right up.

a gauge works best to check the fuel pump.
you can also crack the fuel filter bolt and very breifly switch on the key. It will spray fuel so really breifly turn it on.
It could be your fuel filter being clogged, running super low on fuel the pump will pick up all the crap from the bottom of the tank...
Old 02-09-2006, 08:04 PM

Relic 1.... thanks for the helpful information... thats the answer I was looking for. My fuel filter is is not spraying gas out when i unbolt the bolt on top, theres gas but not even a bit of spray when i turn it on. So its my fuel pump or the filter. Thanks alot bro,
Old 02-09-2006, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you may have killed the pump

can you hear the pump prime?
Old 02-09-2006, 11:42 PM

i took off the back seat where the tank is located with the pump there also. took off the cover and did not hear anything.... how loud of a sound should it make???? the fuel filter in the engine compartment does not split out fuel when i try to start it... so gas is not going in the motor, leading to a clogg filter or a dead fuel pump???? Thanks guys, every answer has been helpful.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:50 PM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Kangolbrand)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kangolbrand &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i took off the back seat where the tank is located with the pump there also. took off the cover and did not hear anything.... how loud of a sound should it make???? the fuel filter in the engine compartment does not split out fuel when i try to start it... so gas is not going in the motor, leading to a clogg filter or a dead fuel pump???? Thanks guys, every answer has been helpful.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You should hear it kick on... you may have killed it. Fuel pumps are obviously ment to pump liquid, not air...
Old 02-09-2006, 11:59 PM

true. ill do it again and see if i can hear it. thanks, its late going do it tommow. So the pump starts up when you start the car correct?
Old 02-10-2006, 12:06 AM

where are you located?
Old 02-10-2006, 09:28 AM

california
Old 02-10-2006, 09:31 AM

I change the fuel pump,,,,, still I dont hear it when i try to start the car... maybe the harness is cut somehwhere. I check my car to see if the spark plugs spark but it doesnt either... could that be a problem????? weird... just didnt start one day. Ill check the harness again... maybe its the pump since I cant hear it turn on and the filter doesnt shoot out gas when i start it .
Old 02-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

if you have no fuel pump and no spark either it's a different problem. (or two problems)

the main relay comes to mind, that or the ECU.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:44 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (Relic1)

Check to see if your ecu fuse is blown. Trying to crank and crank could have blown it.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:46 AM

the ecu is not blown, i opened it and check... I dont recall having to put a fuse in the slot under the dash for the ecu, it still started without the fuse when i had it running.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:49 AM
* B A N N E D *

The ecu fuse is under the hood.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:05 PM

....would you happen to know which fuse it is?.... I check the harness that goes to the fuel pump and it seems to be good, no cuts or bents. Than I did a power test to see if it was giving out power when i turn the key on, which shows the cars not giving power to the fuel pump to pump. So could it be a dead ECU? I swear there was no burn marks in the ecu when i opened it nor did i smell burn plastic. Im making cantacts right now to get gsr ecu to see if its really the ecu problem. Hope all goes well. Thanks guys for the continue help.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:09 PM

just check the ecu fuse under the hood. Its still good. ??? damn migh have to pay to get it looked at.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:46 PM

No Priming and no spark? Sounds like the main relay it also controls the fuel pump. The main relay is located driver side near the fuse panel. Sould be a gray box shaped object. It is hard to look for if u haven't done so before

I had the same problems w/ my LS swap in my coupe. I changed the relay it ran then died again. After six months of sitting in the drive way it turned out to be that and the map sensor.

Try unhooking the map sensor and reset the ECU, and then start the car ( only if it is priming but not sparking). It worked for me I plugged the sensor back up and ran fine I drove it around for a while, til I got the clutch broke in and reved it up to 6 g's and it died on me. Replaced the map and ran like a scalded dog until this lady decided to pull out in front of me.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:55 PM

ill check the main relay and change it tommow, where would the map sensor be located on a gsr motor?
Old 02-12-2006, 01:07 AM

Default Re: (mericbe)

[QUOTE=mericbe]No Priming and no spark? Sounds like the main relay it also controls the fuel pump. The main relay is located driver side near the fuse panel. Sould be a gray box shaped object. It is hard to look for if u haven't done so before

can seem to fine the main relay... the only think i see that is a gray box, it has a screw holding it.... ill try and get some pictures.. REALLY NEED THIS CAR RUNNING... KINDA BUMB OUT.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It could also be the Ignitor(ICM) inside the distributor because thats what happened to my LS/Vtec hatch it sounded like it ran out of gas and put some in and didnt start then found out it wasnt getting spark either. I could be wrong dont know just a thought
Old 02-12-2006, 09:07 AM

Default Re: (DXB16Coupe)

omg this thread sucks.....

to the creator...check what everyone is telling you to do...

1.check the 80 amp fuse under the hood of your car...its proboly blown since you've been trying and trying to crank the car a million times

2.if that doesn't work then check your main relay..its a grey box with one 8 prong plug i believe going to it..its on the driver side of your hatch. That could be shot

3. also if any wiring is grounding out anywhere which it may seem like it is b/c you keep saying your checking this wiring which i dono why your even messing with wiring??? i'd check all fuse's inside the car...there should be one for a the fuel pump..atleast my delsol had one...which is related to the EG chassis..

4. check all chassis grounds....never know?

5. you might be F*cked.....just take it to a reputable shop to get it fixed....

6. Jam out to some tunes and drink up..
Old 02-12-2006, 10:58 PM

ok..... not alot of help. But it started today. Close the thread .... its worthless. Thanks for those who gave some ideas as to why it wont start. thanks