Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

92 civic hatch with b18c1 swap Q's

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 92 civic hatch with b18c1 swap Q's

Ok I have a 92 civic hatchback that I got which was already swapped but in 1000 pieces I have rebuilt the whole car from bumper to bumper and now I have a few questions I need answered.

Keep in mind this is a b18c1 gsr out of a 95 teg gsr and has a chipped p72 ecu.

"the motor is fully built now"

Ok
.................................................. ...................................
#1 does the 95 b18c1 gsr require the knock sensor?

"Honda heaven in Dallas TX stated to me NO! 95 and under do not need it 96 and up do. All though I read on several different forums that it does need the knock sensor? I also read on other forums that if the ecu is a chipped p72 that it does not need the knock sensor? "the motor did have a knock sensor in it when I got it but when wiring it all back up there was no wire for it.

I need to know a for sure yes or no answer on this as if so I need to buy one ASAP! if I don't need it then I'm good on that.

if I indeed do need it it does go to D3 on the ecu correct?
.................................................. ...................................

#2 Do I have to have an o2 sensor? if yes do I need 1 or 2

I currently do not have a knock sensor for this application that im doing but I read some places yes I need it and I need a 4 wire one. but what I dont understand is there is no previous wiring for an o2 sensor anywhere? "the car was runing before I got it the kid threw the timing belt is what I was told" so this makes me think there was no o2 sensor but if I do indeed need it I need to know for sure ASAP! so I can buy it tonight.

if I do have to have it can someone explain to me how to wire it and where with pictures preferably please?

#3 the idle air control valve (iacv) where do the vacuum lines go?

i don't have one "didn't get one with the car" I know I have to have it so i already ordered one. my Q is there are 2 vacuum line hookups on the bottom of it. After I get it on the car where do I need to run these vacuum lines?

Also notice in the last picture there is a wiring plug on the left that I cant find anything that goes to it do i need it? and what is it for?

I also want to thank all of you that help me because its taking me 8 months to get everything done and this is a car I always wanted so im ready to get it on the road/track. but 1000's of $$$ later im finally getting it done so the correct answers to these few Q's will get me going
Old 06-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 92 civic hatch with b18c1 swap Q's

1. IF u are running a JDM ECU, you do not need to wire the knock sensor. OR if the ECU u have is chipped and programmed to BYPASS the knoc sensor. If its not throwing any check engine lights, ur fine.
2. If u are running your car as OBD-1, you only need one. 4-wire.
3. The lines on your IACV are NOT VACUUM LINES! DO NOT CONNECT THEM TO VACUUM! they are coolant lines. search for a cooling system diagram and you will find whre u need to run them.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by -__-
1. IF u are running a JDM ECU, you do not need to wire the knock sensor. OR if the ECU u have is chipped and programmed to BYPASS the knoc sensor. If its not throwing any check engine lights, ur fine.
2. If u are running your car as OBD-1, you only need one. 4-wire.
3. The lines on your IACV are NOT VACUUM LINES! DO NOT CONNECT THEM TO VACUUM! they are coolant lines. search for a cooling system diagram and you will find whre u need to run them.
ok kool how do i find out if its a jdm ecu? #2 how do i find out if its obd1 or 2 and its not running yet im waiting on the iacv to come in.

also where do I wire the 02 to

thanks a bunch
Old 06-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump: can i get a reply with pictures if possible? to my last post in this chat
Old 06-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.hondata.com/techecuid.html
as for the o2 sensor, there should be a plug(s) on the harness already.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon2 Re: 92 civic hatch with b18c1 swap Q's

Originally Posted by -__-
http://www.hondata.com/techecuid.html
as for the o2 sensor, there should be a plug(s) on the harness already.
ok thanks for that link its obd1 as far as a plug for the 02 sensor I dont see a plug in the harness for it anywhere? I do use a 4 whire correct? and since there is no plug where do i wire it to do you know?

*********************UPDATE***********************

ok I found where the 02 plugs in it was hiding lol

and I found the cooling system diagram as well for as far as the IACV now hopefully when I hook it up today it will start and run lol

Last edited by JDMb18c1HATCH; 06-23-2010 at 09:13 AM.