Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

92 civic hatch with a b18b and i am having a problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 civic hatch with a b18b and i am having a problem!!

this is my post from another site on 10/11/07!
OK i drove my hatch to work like i do everyday. no problems. at the end of the day i needed gas and i knew i did so i started the car i usually wait for my mp3 player to start playing before i drive off, being that it was a nice sunny day i knew i didn't need a full warm up. my mp3 player takes a min or 2 to read the format when i put a new cd in. which i made at work. so i go up the block to a gas station that i go to from time to time. stopped told him fill her up. 17 bucks later i start the car and it didn't seem right. now the motor was still not 100% warm yet so i moved from the pump let it get warm but it was acting funny. almost like a hickup. so i got out the car opened the hood everything seemed fine but i heard a small miss from time to time. so i went back in the car and it was idling like normal. so i started my 25 mile trip home. on the highway my car had no power was so ever. so i said let me at least get close to home and i will check it out. once i got to 21 out of 25 miles i got full power back no more hickups everything was like normal. i got home took out my spark plugs checked the gaps cleaned them off checked my plug wires read 7 ohms. so i know my plugs are fine so are my wires. what the hell could that have been? the only thing different about yesterday is that it rained the whole day then stopped about 1 hour before i left. could it have been the mosture in the air? maybe one of my plugs fouled up on me from not being warm and shutting off the car to get gas? i ordered my new spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor, fuel filter, to give it a full tune up, think that was my problem? 100% lost on that one!
this is what happened today
ok it did it again today! i was on my way to work and i hit the highway then all of a sudden it did it again. now i am clueless! i pulled over and i watched it idle funny. it was going from like 500 to 900 over and over again. i got off the highway and went home and it stopped idling funny when i got to stop lights. and it stopped that crazy hesitation it was doing. i drove it home fine with no problem and took my rx7 to work instead. now the problem happens under the same conditions. last night it rained but this morning it was 85% humidity. the day this happened it rained and then it stopped raining and it was humid out. now do you really think this is my o2 sensor giving me this problem? if so i don't know what sensor i should buy. because its a 92 civic with a 96 b18b should i get a 92 integra o2 sensor? should i get one for a 92 civic? i am using an obd1 ecu so i should look for one for a 92 civic right?

PLEASE HELP ME this is my daily driver and i need to have it running good! i travel 25 miles each way to work and i don't want to use my other car to much
Old 10-17-2007, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 92 civic hatch with a b18b and i am having a problem!! (civiclxb16a)

change the o2 sensor. I might be wrong but as long as it has the same amount of wires it should be the same.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:46 AM

Default Re: 92 civic hatch with a b18b and i am having a problem!! (b16a3delsol)

on a scale of 1-10 how sure do you think it is my o2 sensor? i have a feeling it is because my 97 lx with the b16 had the same problem then about 2 months down the road my cel came on with code for the o2. that is why i think it is my o2 sensor but man i am stumped! big time! i am going to order an o2 sensor from summit see what happens
Old 10-21-2007, 08:13 AM

Default Re: 92 civic hatch with a b18b and i am having a problem!! (civiclxb16a)

it ended up being bad gas! i pumped my tank out and put some fresh gas in it and it runs great now. i did that because i changed my spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, dizzy (barrowed one from a friend), o2 sensor, fuel filter, and checked the fuel pump, and it still did the same thing. i changed out the gas and two days now and its running smooth! not a problem yet! lets see what happens when i go to work tomorrow!
Old 10-21-2007, 09:11 AM

bad gas u should go get your money from the station back i would only use name brand gas from noe on moile one or shell
Old 10-23-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: (1sickEJ)

funny you say that because that is all i get is shell and moble guess what i got that day? SHELL i told them they gave me a free $25 gift card for there shop i sold it for 20 bucks at my job i am not going back there!