Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   92 civic fuel pump issues (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/92-civic-fuel-pump-issues-3336536/)

London88 04-29-2019 07:36 PM

92 civic fuel pump issues

So I got this 92 civic hatch with a z6 swap I have had the car for a few years now and little issues arise every once in a while but most the time I was able to figure the problem out. Well this new issue I have not been able to figure out I’m not sure what is but The fuel pump will only prime every once in a while, so basically I haven’t been able to drive since it’s so unreliable. I have replace the fuel pump and relay with no avail I have also checked the engine grounds fuses and still can’t figure out I’m not sure what else to check. Also a while before my car stopped priming it was during a really good rain here in Cali and I was going to work at midnight and didn’t realize there was a deep puddle in front of me and I just plowed into it water blew into my spark plugs and shit and I was able to fix everything and got it running again but not to long after that it just stopped wanting to prime.

I’m not sure if this could have any effect to what’s going on now or not but about a year ago maybe longer but I was driving down the street and this street the speed limit is about 45mph and and my car just died and turns off so I pull off to the shoulder and it starts back up well I didn’t realize it at the time till I stopped a while later and my dash is completely dead. The only thing that works is the dash lights but the fact I didn’t have mph, gas, oil temp, and odometer didn’t bother me so I didn’t really try to hard to figure that issue out not sure if they are related.

If anyone need more info please feel free to ask thanks!

mk378 04-30-2019 04:30 AM

Re: 92 civic fuel pump issues

When you turn on the key and don't crank, the oil, battery, and check engine warning lights should all come on. Then the check engine light should go out.

If none of the lights come on you need to check the ignition circuits: the ignition switch and fuses.

If the check engine light doesn't go out, this points to one of the following:
* Main relay
* ECU ground wires
* Bad ECU.

Rule out the first two then check ECU by substitution.

London88 04-30-2019 05:07 AM

Re: 92 civic fuel pump issues

Originally Posted by mk378 (Post 51920452)
When you turn on the key and don't crank, the oil, battery, and check engine warning lights should all come on. Then the check engine light should go out.

If none of the lights come on you need to check the ignition circuits: the ignition switch and fuses.

If the check engine light doesn't go out, this points to one of the following:
* Main relay
* ECU ground wires
* Bad ECU.

Rule out the first two then check ECU by substitution.

Sorry so what I meant by the dash lights Is that just the back light none of the oil battery cel come on I already checked the mail relay and checked grounds and fuses well I didn’t check each ground so I’ll havr to check the ground on that but I have never done work inside only in engine bay and all grounds there are good all fuses are good also do I guess checking if Ecu is bad is the only option right now