Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

92 civic - dx, ex, or what?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 06:27 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 civic - dx, ex, or what?

im going to miss my gutted integra but it was time to get something more confortable for my family, this civic has a lsv swap also, im just trying to figure out if its a dx ex or what? its a 4 door has a sun roof, but the trunk says dx. it doesnt look like the right size trunk though, also my motor is going to need motor mounts soon but it being a swap, im not exactly sure what motor mounts do i get?
Old 10-20-2012, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just traded my integra for a 92 civic

what year civic?
Old 10-20-2012, 07:51 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

"just traded my integra for a 92 civic"
Old 10-20-2012, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Post pictures.

See Tech Tools in bar at the top. The VIN decoder there should help.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post 2 and 3 cracked me up...

Trunks are interchangeable...

Trims available in the USDM sedan body style were the DX, LX (EG8) and EX (EH9)
Towards the beginning of your vin you see eg8, than dx/lx (lx will be all power, dx will be all manual) if you see eh9, than its a ex (all power, sunroof, 7.2krpm redline on cluster, rear sway bar, rear disk breaks)

You can also use a vin decoder to learn more about the car
Old 10-20-2012, 02:55 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

it has all power windows .locks, everything. rear disk brakes, the car needs a rear motor mount bad. can i just replace that one or will all of them have to be replaced. also when i get on the pedal, it stinks really bad, i dont even see any smoke my gf says she sees it....

when i changed spark plugs oil was coming out of one of the holes, i didnt get to replace the vavle gasket, so i just cleaned it out, but it doesnt smoke much just when i get on it and it stinks like a bbq all nasty...plus my rack in pinion is fucked my tire wiggles on driver side my integra had no p.s also and the rack in pinion wasnt all twacked out turning my tire i dont understand.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:18 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

ok right now my passanger axle is bad, so that being my civic is a swap do i get integra axles? or what? and my motor mount in the rear of motor is beyond shot, pushing down on my shift linkage, cant i replace that one becase i really cant afford all of them to be replaced alot of **** is wrong with this car, like the rack in pinion is fucked up my tires wiggling i cant see it, its my wheel bearing or axle he showed me its a lil ball isnt resting in the inner axle, how do i get around this cuz the car doesnt have power steering cant it be looped?
Old 10-20-2012, 03:21 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

do you think my car not being tuned, because my vtec wire harness isnt connected the motor isnt running correctly , because this smell i smell isnt like oil or coolent, it smells like bbq , or gas maybe im running rich, ....i just hope non of my vavles are bad, car idles like a kitten purring, and no ticking no high idle shes BEAUTIFUL!!
Old 10-20-2012, 03:53 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....92575910813845

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....92575857480517

heres a few short clips of my car, fallow the link
Old 10-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can buy just one mount and it would be for a b series. You will also use a b series axle. As far as your rack, what condition are your inner and outer tie rods? If those are good, I did a DIY last week on how to get your rack tight again like new. It is in this civic section. You would need a $30 tool from Honda to be able to do this. I had almost 300k on my chassis and it had a lot of play in the steering wheel before doing this.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:04 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by speedjunkie_g35
You can buy just one mount and it would be for a b series. You will also use a b series axle. As far as your rack, what condition are your inner and outer tie rods? If those are good, I did a DIY last week on how to get your rack tight again like new. It is in this civic section. You would need a $30 tool from Honda to be able to do this. I had almost 300k on my chassis and it had a lot of play in the steering wheel before doing this.
please give me the link. i have my son jumping on my lamp. i will print it out and read it later....THanks man, the play i have isnt EXTREMELY bad but its bad enough, to where i have to get it fixed or DIY!!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Kevs90acuraLS
please give me the link. i have my son jumping on my lap.
I lol'ed because my son is climbing all over me as well. I swear he got into candy as hyper as he is right now!!!

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/diy-how-fix-your-loose-steering-problems-3095792/

What ecu are you running? Unless your LS motor (?) is built or modded with cams, I don't see not being tuned a problem. I would make sure you are running the correct ecu for a LS and go from there. Have you checked for CEL's?

I don't know if you need facebook to see your video's but I keep getting a error message
Old 10-20-2012, 04:56 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by speedjunkie_g35
I lol'ed because my son is climbing all over me as well. I swear he got into candy as hyper as he is right now!!!

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3095792

What ecu are you running? Unless your LS motor (?) is built or modded with cams, I don't see not being tuned a problem. I would make sure you are running the correct ecu for a LS and go from there. Have you checked for CEL's?

I don't know if you need facebook to see your video's but I keep getting a error message

the guy who sold me the car said it has b16 cams the heads a gsr head, my vtec isnt connected right now, due to not having a vtec wire harness, so to top it off im not sure what ecu it is...all i kno is my cars smelll like burnt charcol nasty as **** when i drive on the freeway, im burning to much gas or oil....and im not sure why because the motors running excellent, just got a tune up oil change,tranny,sparkplugs etc...but one of the spark plugs has oil in it due to back vavle cover gasket but i doubt my cars smelling like this because of a lil oil in the sparkplug hole

and thanks for the rack in pinion fix problem, now i just have to find a shop where they can do this!!...because i just got a alignment and the guy there showed me the play in the rack in pinion it has play ...very unsafe i almost lost control trying to go fast earlyer today
Old 10-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the guy who sold me the car said it has b16 cams the heads a gsr head, my vtec isnt connected right now, due to not having a vtec wire harness, so to top it off im not sure what ecu it is...all i kno is my cars smelll like burnt charcol nasty as **** when i drive on the freeway, im burning to much gas or oil....and im not sure why because the motors running excellent, just got a tune up oil change,tranny,sparkplugs etc...but one of the spark plugs has oil in it due to back vavle cover gasket but i doubt my cars smelling like this because of a lil oil in the sparkplug hole

and thanks for the rack in pinion fix problem, now i just have to find a shop where they can do this!!...because i just got a alignment and the guy there showed me the play in the rack in pinion it has play ...very unsafe i almost lost control trying to go fast earlyer today
Luckily all 92 civics are wired for vtec so you just need to run wires from the shock tower to your head. I guess you probably do need a tune. Afraid that is uncharted territory for my as of now. I am hoping to get my motor tuned soon. Find out what ecu you are running and it should help others figure out whats going on and if that could be your issue.

As far as the rack, if you have a jack stand and 30-40 minutes I would recommend doing it yourself!! Most places I have delt with would rather have you replace the rack than put it back into spec.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: 92 civic - dx, ex, or what?

Might of been better off not getting this one ?
You know So Cal has those rolling smog check machines right?
Get it running right as best you can so you dont attract attention to yourself.

The alternative is you will get a ticket from your local PD given to you because they see your smokey car. The catch all is "its a gross polluter"
Next you go see a smog referee, spend a day in court to get the ticket dismissed.
Thats if you pass smog... If not you only have a set time limit to spend getting it fixed or the ticket becomes a nice fine, and you wont be able to register the car.
FYI and I dont care who say its legal... LSV engines are illegal in California.
Ohh sure you can get your local crooked smog tech to pass it, but take it to a referee its not happening.
Our beloved state has the worst smog laws in all 50 states.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:19 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

yea i know thats why im trying to be as low key as possiable,. even with my last car i had it illegal smogged, im going to just take my chances and try to avoid the law with out throwing my self out there i mean i like the car and the swaps a plus. so im going to make it work replace what needs to and get her running right
Old 10-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

yea i know thats why im trying to be as low key as possiable,. even with my last car i had it illegal smogged, im going to just take my chances and try to avoid the law with out throwing my self out there i mean i like the car and the swaps a plus. so im going to make it work replace what needs to and get her running right
Do it sooner than later or your transportation will cost you more than its worth.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont know if you have solved your problem yet but it should be an ex