Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

2000 Civic Dashboard Swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2020, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Civic Dashboard Swap

Hey all.
I have a few questions that some of you may be knowledgeable on. So I wanted to update the interior of my 2000 Civic Coupe.

I was doing some research and found that the Rover 400 was based on the 6th generation Civic sedan. The shell of the car is identical. So this begs the question.

Can a Rover 400 dashboard be transplanted into a 2000 Civic Coupe? They appear to be identical in shape and fitment.

If it's not possible, what dashboards can be swapped into a Civic EK without a ton of trouble?

And I know the question of "Why?" is coming. As I said, I want to modernize my car a little bit, and I'm trying to do things as uniquely as I can.

Here are the dashboards side by side for reference.

As you can see, things as small as the air vents are similar and it even had the same large vent in the middle of the dash as the JDM EK Civics. The Guage Cluster in the Rover 400 can be swapped with an EK one, as it's been done before.

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-04-2020, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Re: 2000 Civic Dashboard Swap

It most likely will fit, however you are going to run into problems with the ac controls and will likely need to use the dash harness from the rover. There are also other issues as the rover cluster probably has different connections, and since you posted a picture of a US model 99-00 civic interior which used electric controls, the rover and European models often only used manual controls for the heater blend door.

So for some reason if you have an entire rover to donate for parts, I see that you can do it.

But there are more effective ways to modernize the interior. To me the rover dash looks extremely similar to the 92-95 civic dash

The following users liked this post:
Old 07-04-2020, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

One of the main reasons I want to go with the Rover dashboard is that trim piece going across the center of the dash and into the Guage Cluster. I wanted to have a brushed aluminum piece made to go in there with Civic embossed on the far right side of it. This dashboard with an AP1 steering wheel and leather interior would make my car look 10 years newer.

I'm willing to go through the trouble to get the look I'm going for.

I have never seen anyone discuss swapping this interior in, so I wanted to ask if it was even possible.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon4 Re: 2000 Civic Dashboard Swap

Originally Posted by MalcomHeavy
One of the main reasons I want to go with the Rover dashboard is that trim piece going across the center of the dash and into the Guage Cluster. I wanted to have a brushed aluminum piece made to go in there with Civic embossed on the far right side of it. This dashboard with an AP1 steering wheel and leather interior would make my car look 10 years newer.

I'm willing to go through the trouble to get the look I'm going for.

I have never seen anyone discuss swapping this interior in, so I wanted to ask if it was even possible.

No one here has a rover 400. Ive seen them with a civic front end swap, but if you live in the united States which is what you implied then no I don't think you will find some one to sell you the parts you need.

Anything will fit, the question you need to ask is if you are willing to fabricate the parts you need to make it fit.

I've seen integra dash boards in just about every eg/ek/del sol model you can think of. So yeah I'm sure the rover dash would fit to some extent
Old 07-04-2020, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

As a person who's spent a few years in Germany and seeing the Rover up close and personal I can tell you that it may not work.

The interior is more similar to the Honda Civic Aerodeck than that of the 6th GEN civics we have in America, I know because I used to own a 98 Civic Aerodeck (Turbo Diesel). The way that the dash bolts up is a lot different from any U.S. model civic and as for the wiring harness, that's a whole other issue.

But if you believe it you can achieve it and anything can fit if you make it.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am struggling to find out if anyone has done an Aerodeck/MB/MC dash swap into an EK or EJ Civic.

If anyone has any tips or info it would go a long way. Also, looking for a LHD Civic Aerodeck/MB/MC dashboard for sale, and if anyone has an estimate on weight and size so I can calculate shipping costs.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am struggling to find out if anyone has done an Aerodeck/MB/MC dash swap into an EK or EJ Civic.

If anyone has any tips or info it would go a long way. Also, looking for a LHD Civic Aerodeck/MB/MC dashboard for sale, and if anyone has an estimate on weight and size so I can calculate shipping costs.

If you really want to get specific Google different countries ebay website. EBay.co.uk for England, there are also different ones for France and the Netherlands.

Of the 3 euro spec dashes ive purchased pre covid, the Netherlands and Latvia were the 2 countries I was able to get them from. International shipping was extremely prompt and I paid $100 and got the dashes within 14 days.

There use to be a website called edmrareparts.com out of the Netherlands who responds to Facebook messenger requests, however the export market is dead now and you may have to hunt for quite some time
Old 07-08-2020, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

You are going to struggle with an answer on this because this is something that most people haven't done or won't do out of the practicality or functionality. Plus there is not market for that dash here in America.

Your going to be hard pressed to get someone to strip a car for this dash set up, package it well, and ship it. This dash is also a little more bulky and has some weight to it. The brackets just don't line up like the EJ6 brackets for the sides and bottom as well.

You can try and ask Manlong at https://www.edmrareparts.com/ to help you out, but since he got married and had his daughter he's been busy doing other stuff

Good luck in your hunt man. Hope something works out for you.
Old 06-10-2022, 10:07 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
It most likely will fit, however you are going to run into problems with the ac controls and will likely need to use the dash harness from the rover. There are also other issues as the rover cluster probably has different connections, and since you posted a picture of a US model 99-00 civic interior which used electric controls, the rover and European models often only used manual controls for the heater blend door.

So for some reason if you have an entire rover to donate for parts, I see that you can do it.

But there are more effective ways to modernize the interior. To me the rover dash looks extremely similar to the 92-95 civic dash

can someone please tell me what center console this is from
Old 01-15-2024, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Zevekciv
can someone please tell me what center console this is from
it appears to be from a Golf GTI
Old 01-15-2024, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well. I managed to source an Aerodeck dashboard from Germany. I've had it for a few months, and finally installed it tonight. It's not finished. Will update when I have everything finalized in the coming days.

This is in my EK4 hatch I aquired about 8 months ago.
There have been a lot of challenges making it work, but I'm about 70% there, and have only been working on this project for about 2 days.

I'm happy to report that the swap went smooth so far, I just had to drill and tap some new holes in the chasis. Wiring everything to work and aquiring the final peices will probably happen over the next few months, though, it's my dedicated track car, so I might skip on climate controls.
Old 02-29-2024, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chrysler kid

can someone please tell me what vents armrest ect are on this… it’s beautiful