Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

92-95 Civic | Help w/Wheel Problem Involving Tein/Skunk2 Suspension Setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 92-95 Civic | Help w/Wheel Problem Involving Tein/Skunk2 Suspension Setup

Posted this in the suspension section and wasn't recieving any help so I thought I'd try this section.

I have a 95 Civic Sedan. Just recently installed Tein Coilovers and Skunk2 rear lower control arms w/ future mods of a sway and strut bar.

My problem is that my rims are Axis Reverb 17 x 7.5. The extra 0.5 on the width makes my rims line up flush with the frame of my car so when there is weight in the back or I hit major bumps, The rear tires rub. In the front, when I lock out my wheel all the way to the left or right, they also slightly rub. Is there any way to fix this issue without raising my car?

Someone suggested to me about a camber kit but I'm not really sure what the downsides are of getting negative camber.

I'm also not sure if this will even help me out for the front and rear.

But yeah anyways if some of you could help me I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 92-95 Civic | Help w/Wheel Problem Involving Tein/Skunk2 Suspension Setup (PrimeElement)

well what you can do is either take it to a custom tire rims and tire shop and tell them the story, they'd probably end up cutting the inside peice of the fender off. its that metal trim that outlines the fender wheel housing.

or you can roll those inside fender things up. pretty easy, just take your rim off, use a strong bar and roll them suckers so that they're paralell instead of being horizontal. oh dont forget to take off that ruber peice.

make sure you take care of this or it will warp your rear panels, and trust me, your car will never look clean again. i have friends who dont do this and yep, nice ripples there buddy. you get the picture.