Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EG - Can cruise control unit and harness be removed without messing something up?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EG - Can cruise control unit and harness be removed without messing something up?

I have searched and haven't found exactly what im looking for. I have a 94 EG with a GSR swap. There is no longer cruise control on the car but the auto cruise module is there. I have the dash out and am cleaning wiring up from previous owners. Can i pull the auto cruise module and the harness out of the car and not mess anything up? Im just not sure if anything else runs through the module. Thanks
Old 09-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Re: EG - Can cruise control unit and harness be removed without messing something up?

You can pull the module, but you won't want to pull the harness. It's not a separate harness- you would need to disassemble your entire firewall harness to remove the cruise wiring. .... well, if you're cleaning up wiring then maybe you already have the cabin wiring apart, in which case "fill your boots".

Another option is to figure out what parts you are missing and RE-install them to get your cruise control back. Chances are you just need the actuator under the hood?
Old 09-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: EG - Can cruise control unit and harness be removed without messing something up?

Originally Posted by deschlong
You can pull the module, but you won't want to pull the harness. It's not a separate harness- you would need to disassemble your entire firewall harness to remove the cruise wiring. .... well, if you're cleaning up wiring then maybe you already have the cabin wiring apart, in which case "fill your boots".

Another option is to figure out what parts you are missing and RE-install them to get your cruise control back. Chances are you just need the actuator under the hood?

Exactly the answer I was looking for thanks. I am gonna take it out the car isn't my DD but gonna be my toy so no need for the cruise control.