Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

5spd Swap. Cable clutch or Hydralic.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5spd Swap. Cable clutch or Hydralic.

I was looking at my D series 5spd trans today and realized my 1992 civic dx is hydraulic cluch. and the d series trans that came out of my 89 civic dx hatchback is cabled. its for the d15b2. is their a way i can run a cable cluch or do i need to sell it and get a hydraulic tranny?
Old 10-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: 5spd Swap. Cable clutch or Hydralic. (TravisCadello)

Sell it and buy a hydro tranny. They aren't worth all that much. $50 - $250.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They do sell a conversion, however I would stick to hydraulic. I have had both and hydro is the way to go, you'll be able to find more parts and/or trannys in better condition with hydro than cable.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 5spd Swap. Cable clutch or Hydralic. (EL Vap133)

Is my tranny worth selling? its a perfect tranny no grind at all this is why i wanna keep it but yea, i had both to and i love hydro. how much will my cable tranny be worth?
Old 10-24-2008, 08:34 AM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

unless its an Si tranny you probably wont get much for it, even then it still probably wont be worth much.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://honda-tech.com/zeroforum/127

you know this isnt the only forum on this site for tech information!

stop making posts and do some searching kid
Old 10-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

go with the hydro.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:04 PM

Default Re: (sintype)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sintype &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">go with the hydro.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-27-2008, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 5spd Swap. Cable clutch or Hydralic. (turbojdmhatch)

Kid? Dam Queer.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Is there really any need to call anybody queer? And based on your myspace page listed in your profile, I'd say you're a kid, or at least a lot younger than most here.

Anywho, on topic, hydro. There's not really any reason to go cable in this situation.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 5spd Swap. Cable clutch or Hydralic. (macson)

16 years old? I put that age a long time ago for a specil reason. and not to pick up young girls either. you can ask any of my friends on my myspace or look at my pics or anything. I am 20 and Gonna be 21 in April. I could care less if anybody believes me just i am not no kid. and I'm sure I'm just as smart as anyone on this form if not than smarter and wizer. I have had 5 Diffrent Hondas since age 15 and I know almost all of it. but i had a ford for the past 2 years and im moving back to honda. and just wanted some oppinions from yall. and some stuff i was stumpt on.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't appreciate being called a 'Kid' specilly when I'm older than the person calling me a kid.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:20 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TravisCadello &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">16 years old? I put that age a long time ago for a specil reason. and not to pick up young girls either. you can ask any of my friends on my myspace or look at my pics or anything. I am 20 and Gonna be 21 in April. I could care less if anybody believes me just i am not no kid. and <FONT SIZE="4">I'm sure I'm just as smart as anyone on this form if not than smarter and wizer. I have had 5 Diffrent Hondas since age 15 and I know almost all of it.</FONT> but i had a ford for the past 2 years and im moving back to honda. and just wanted some oppinions from yall. and some stuff i was stumpt on. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You've got to be kidding me.

If you knew all the stuff you're claiming to know then you would not have started this topic seeing as how the question is very elementary for people who know Hondas.

Don't ever come in here thinking you know a lot, because H-T has a way of smelling weaknesses and exposing them. I've hunted down a person's topics, posts, etc. and proven nearly all of them wrong just to prove a point.

Nobody is born with the knowledge, and nobody knows everything, but trust me - you're nowhere near knowing as much as half of the guys on this MB.

Don't take this as a disrespect - take it for what it is.

Advice.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 5spd Swap. Cable clutch or Hydralic. (B18C5-EH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You've got to be kidding me.

If you knew all the stuff you're claiming to know then you would not have started this topic seeing as how the question is very elementary for people who know Hondas.

Don't ever come in here thinking you know a lot, because H-T has a way of smelling weaknesses and exposing them. I've hunted down a person's topics, posts, etc. and proven nearly all of them wrong just to prove a point.

Nobody is born with the knowledge, and nobody knows everything, but trust me - you're nowhere near knowing as much as half of the guys on this MB.

Don't take this as a disrespect - take it for what it is.

Advice.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 10-27-2008, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I asked this question because hydro tranny can become a bitch. and cable clutch's are simple is hell. I didn't ask it because im clueless or a dumbass bro. i just wanted a oppion. i have a 89 hatch with the pedals and everything and icould easilly put the cable tranny in. or i could spend extra money buy a new clutch master and slave cylender and try in find some lines and a dam hydro tranny. but i really don't think theirs a diffrence except for money and time.

And I'm not swapping it nomore I'ma keep it Auto. I got my weekend car at home i got for $350 the other day and only need a tune up. title and everything. 93 240SX.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

All I'm saying is I'm not a dumbass like you think i am, I just like to see a lot of other oppions and i like to see from all points of view. see what people think before i go off and do it.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TravisCadello &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't appreciate being called a 'Kid' specilly when I'm older than the person calling me a kid.</TD></TR></TABLE>
yea since im not 22 years old and "wizer"

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TravisCadello &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">16 years old? I put that age a long time ago for a specil reason. and not to pick up young girls either. you can ask any of my friends on my myspace or look at my pics or anything. I am 20 and Gonna be 21 in April. I could care less if anybody believes me just i am not no kidyou just used a double negative but i doubt you know what that means. and I'm sure I'm just as smart as anyone on this form if not than smarter and wizer. I have had 5 Diffrent Hondas since age 15 and I know almost all of it. but i had a ford for the past 2 years and im moving back to honda. and just wanted some oppinions from yall. and some stuff i was stumpt on. </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TravisCadello &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I asked this question because hydro tranny can become a bitch. and cable clutch's are simple is hell. I didn't ask it because im clueless or a dumbass bro. i just wanted a oppion. i have a 89 hatch with the pedals and everything and icould easilly put the cable tranny in. or i could spend extra money buy a new clutch master and slave cylender and try in find some lines and a dam hydro tranny. but i really don't think theirs a diffrence except for money and time.

And I'm not swapping it nomore I'ma keep it Auto. I got my weekend car at home i got for $350 the other day and only need a tune up. title and everything. 93 240SX.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i call you a kid because you are one....you act like one...you can not spell worth a damn but you are wiser and smarter than everyone on this site....i have problems with kids like you, you dont take anyones advice, you make dumb topics every day. most topics you create can be solved with a simple search...

the best way to insult someone is when they are to incompetent to understand it...which describes you

incase you dont understand the word "incompetent" - it can be an adjective meaning not competent, lacking qualification or ability, incapable
it can also be a noun- an incompetent person, a mentally deficient person

you kid can never insult me
Old 10-27-2008, 08:14 PM

Ahahahaha!

Future V6 mustang driver?

because V6 ponies are faster than his hawnduhs.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jasony0630)

hahahah travis cadello is a kid

search before you start a new thread.. just a helpfull peice of advice kid
Old 10-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2wheelhunter)

erickson your hired
Old 10-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2wheelhunter)

the thing is i know a lot of people have just stopped answering his questions and gave up on him but I and other people have tried to head him in the right direction and he has done nothing but shut down the advice...therefor he deserves every self esteem bashing thats been said to him every time i hop onto this site i hope to see that you didnt make a new topic

Modified by turbojdmhatch at 12:45 AM 10/28/2008