Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

5lug on EKs....

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5lug on EKs....

i got a question but not the regular how you put on the 5lug and what do i need question. i was wondering, do any of you guys that have 5 lugs on EKs (especially coupes) rub the fender in back? i havent gotten an alignment since i put it on, but it doesnt look like it will remedy the problem after i get it aligned.

Old 07-23-2003, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 5lug on EKs.... (Drunk-N-Munky)

What car did you get the 5 lugs from? Because that matters.

What wheels/tyres are you using? Because those two matter as well.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:07 PM

Old 07-23-2003, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 5lug on EKs.... (Mario)

supposedly from a 98 ITR. 16inch spoon 205-40.

(serious question) but why does it matter what car i got the 5lug from? arent the ITR and CTR rear the exact same?
Old 07-23-2003, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

for your 1st question..SEARCH.

for your 2nd quetsion, its too vague as we have no clue how low your car is.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Drunk-N-Munky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
(serious question) but why does it matter what car i got the 5lug from? arent the ITR and CTR rear the exact same?</TD></TR></TABLE>

A common misconception is that besides the bigger axle size (JDM 98spec), all 5lugs are the same.

In actuality, the rear track width are ALL different; Civic Type R, USDM Type R, JDM 98spec Type R.

Old 07-23-2003, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jonas)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jonas &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for your 1st question..SEARCH.

for your 2nd quetsion, its too vague as we have no clue how low your car is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no help at all

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mario &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

A common misconception is that besides the bigger axle size (JDM 98spec), all 5lugs are the same.

In actuality, the rear track width are ALL different; Civic Type R, USDM Type R, JDM 98spec Type R.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks. do you know which is wider? USDM or JDM ITR? CTR would fit my car perfectly i'm guessing, without rubbing?
Old 07-23-2003, 07:41 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Drunk-N-Munky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">supposedly from a 98 ITR. 16inch spoon 205-40.

(serious question) but why does it matter what car i got the 5lug from? arent the ITR and CTR rear the exact same?</TD></TR></TABLE>
the usdm itr and jdm itr are different
Old 07-23-2003, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Drunk-N-Munky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Drunk-N-Munky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
no help at all</TD></TR></TABLE>

your questions are too vague to answer you correctly and specifically. if i give you a half assed answer you complain, if i just ask for more specifics.. you complain. cry a river.

its better than me saying "you're car won't rub" without knowing your ride height..
then in the end you DO rub, then you come crying here on h-t.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it is not unecessaryly low, probably 2 inches. but it still shouldnt hit the arch of the fender. my question was simple "i was wondering, do any of you guys that have 5 lugs on EKs (especially coupes) rub the fender in back?"
Old 07-23-2003, 08:06 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my **** rubbed when i had my camber kit on in the back , took it off and it doesnt rub , i have jdm itr rear and its a little wider than ctr....i have ctr front....it rubbed hardcore with my gabs on there , that was a bad time in my life.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not all coupes are lowered the same..and not everyone has the same tire width and size as you. so your "simple question" doesn't really equate to a "simple answer"

for example, my friend joel (advanceEK) has a 5 lug set up on his 99-00 Si.. he does not rub in the rear, but he also doesn't have 16" wheels.

theres a lot that comes into play when you speak of "rubbing" your tires against your car.. i.e. tire width, rim size, ride height, spring rate, camber, etc.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks. do you know which is wider? USDM or JDM ITR? CTR would fit my car perfectly i'm guessing, without rubbing?</TD></TR></TABLE>

From narrowest to widest:

USDM Type R, Civic Type R, JDM 98spec Type R.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jonas &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
its better than me saying "you're car won't rub" without knowing your ride height..
then in the end you DO rub, then you come crying here on h-t.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ride height should NOT matter. If it rubs...your setup is wrong. Don't try to fix it by just raising the car.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i can slam my car to the floor if i wanted, and it would surely rub. i dont see how it wouldn't considering that i dont have my fender well chopped up.

many e36 m3's rub as well when competing.. this is even after an alignment, camber/toe adjustment, and corner balancing. this is not because their set up is wrong..its because they use big tires. their solution.. bang the fudge out of their inner wall with an air hammer.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jonas &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i can slam my car to the floor if i wanted, and it would surely rub. i dont see how it wouldn't considering that i dont have my fender well chopped up.

many e36 m3's rub as well when competing.. this is even after an alignment, camber/toe adjustment, and corner balancing. this is not because their set up is wrong..its because they use big tires. their solution.. bang the fudge out of their inner wall with an air hammer.</TD></TR></TABLE>
This isn't an e30 m3 race forum. If the tyres dont fit, dont buy them. I am thinking the offset of the rim along with a huge tyre is what this guy's problem is.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jackson)

205-45 is not that huge for a civic EK. the majority of people with 16inch have 205-45s and they dont rub. i'm just trying to figure why my 5lug rubs in the rear. the are spoons 16inch with a 45 offset by the way.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jonas &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i can slam my car to the floor if i wanted, and it would surely rub. i dont see how it wouldn't considering that i dont have my fender well chopped up.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

its rubbing the fender arch not the inside of the fender.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jackson)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jackson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
This isn't an e30 m3 race forum.</TD></TR></TABLE>

nor did i say it was an e30 m3 race forum.. i was giving an example.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jackson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If the tyres dont fit, dont buy them. I am thinking the offset of the rim along with a huge tyre is what this guy's problem</TD></TR></TABLE>
thats when i said:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
theres a lot that comes into play when you speak of "rubbing" your tires against your car.. i.e. tire width, rim size, ride height, spring rate, camber, etc.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-23-2003, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Drunk-N-Munky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">supposedly from a 98 ITR.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So is your 5 lug from a USDM or JDM ITR?

I have a 96-00 Civic Coupe w/ USDM ITR 5 lug conversion and Mugen Sports Suspension (lowered about 1 inch) and it doesn't rub.

Now, I have several questions. I have always thought that the USDM ITR and the CTR 5 lugs are exactly the same, so I guess I was wrong. I understand that the rear track for the USDM ITR, CTR, and JDM ITR are all different.

1. Are the front tracks the same or different for all three 5 lug conversions?

2. How does a factory 96-00 Civic's rear track compare to the 5 lug counterparts?

3. Do the trailing arms from all three cars weigh about the same or are some heavier than the others (the reason I ask is because the Integra is a heavier car, so I'm wondering if the trailing arms are heavier)?
Old 07-23-2003, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 5lug on EKs.... (EricUSC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EricUSC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

1. Are the front tracks the same or different for all three 5 lug conversions?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Front track are all the same.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EricUSC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
2. How does a factory 96-00 Civic's rear track compare to the 5 lug counterparts?</TD></TR></TABLE>
96-00 Civic rear track is 2mm narrower than the narrowest 5 lug Type R rear track (USDM Type R).

3. Do the trailing arms from all three cars weigh about the same or are some heavier than the others (the reason I ask is because the Integra is a heavier car, so I'm wondering if the trailing arms are heavier)?</TD></TR></TABLE>

A bare trailing arm will weigh the same for all, because the difference in track width is the result of variations in hub dimension. Heavier car will probably necessitate stiffer bushings, it'd be more cost effective than having different trailing arms that's for sure
Old 07-24-2003, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 5lug on EKs.... (EricUSC)

So is your 5 lug from a USDM or JDM ITR?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's what i'm trying to figure out
Old 07-24-2003, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you are using your stock axles, they are from a usdm itr or you would have had to change your axles to 36mm ones.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:34 AM
Boba Connoisseur

Why don't you get it aligned and then show us the results? Maybe you have a bent suspension piece. If you are rubbing and are not dumped, then I would be inclined to think you have a bent something-er-other, whether it looks that way to your eye or not.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:58 AM

Default Re: 5lug on EKs.... (SkyeC)

It won't work on your car because you JDMness is to low so sell it to me.
Old 07-24-2003, 12:07 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Default Re: 5lug on EKs.... (Pho Real)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pho Real &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It won't work on your car because you JDMness is to low so sell it to me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was hoping you'd keep your idiotic posts in the Members' Forum.

Quick Reply: 5lug on EKs....