Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

4dr to 2dr sunroof question

Old 07-22-2004, 01:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4dr to 2dr sunroof question

i may not be posting this in the right area and if so then please move it to the right area but here's the deal...the guy that owned the car before me btw it's a 94 civic dx coupe, he noticed that there was a leak on the sunroof and removed all the sunroof parts and CAULKED the top of the sunroof not too happy about that but i have a guy that is going to fix it all for me as long as i get the parts now my question is will all the sunroof parts/motor from a 4dr lx work just the same in my car? because i noticed the motor is in the VERY back in this 4dr compared to where my 2dr would go in the front i would like to know before i spend the money to get all the stuff
Old 07-22-2004, 05:37 AM

Default Re: 4dr to 2dr sunroof question (94CivicDx5spd)

2 totally different sunroofs. the 2dr roofs seem to be a bit bigger and go over the car when they slide and the 4 door goes back under the roof when it slides. get the same parts from the same car just to be on the safe side.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94CivicDx5spd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> it's a 94 civic dx coupe, he noticed that there was a leak on the sunroof and removed all the sunroof parts and CAULKED the top of the sunroof</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, to my knowledge, the DX didn't come with a factory sunroof. Aftermarkets are notorious for leaking, due to poor quality or install. It's possible that a Honda OEM was retrofitted into your car, but that seems like quite an expense for someone with a base model coupe. You may want to take it to a custom sunroof shop so they can take a look at it (they should do it for free) and give you your options.

Old 07-22-2004, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 4dr to 2dr sunroof question (EX_AutoXer)

yes...you are right it's not a factory just found that out today noticed i had no switch for it so i guess i need to find a sunroof shop around here i'm not sure where one is but i think i know the person that would know lol thanks a lot does anyone have an estimate of how much it's actually going to cost me? if not that's fine i'll find out when i take it there well thanks for the input
Old 07-23-2004, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94CivicDx5spd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes...you are right it's not a factory just found that out today noticed i had no switch for it so i guess i need to find a sunroof shop around here i'm not sure where one is but i think i know the person that would know lol thanks a lot does anyone have an estimate of how much it's actually going to cost me? if not that's fine i'll find out when i take it there well thanks for the input</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not sure, I don't have much experience with aftermarket roofs. Just open the yellow pages to automotive, and hit up 3 or 4 shops. Go with the place that sounds most knowledgeable and has good prices.

Old 07-23-2004, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: 4dr to 2dr sunroof question (EX_AutoXer)

I have seen alot of coupe dx's with manual sunroof's.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 4dr to 2dr sunroof question (95civ4dr)

this one was definetly not a manual sunroof i talked to the guy that i bought the car off...not the one that did the sunroof massacre that is the one before him but he told me that it was an electric sunroof and that the button was up where the box itself was so it's definetly an aftermarket sunroof so yea i'm just going to get a hold of a place and see what they would charge but first i have to get the car back running swapping a new engine in her same 1.5 just a lower milage 1.5