Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

2008 mugen si seats! repost!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 mugen si seats! repost!

ok so i posted this already before but for some reason honda tech locked it so ima ask again since my question got out of topic on the last one. so would some 2008 si seats bolt on to my 97 hatch. and yes i can get them fairly easily with a discount price since i work at a honda dealer ship!
Old 05-23-2008, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2008 mugen si seats! repost! (ek_si hatch)

its not a direct bolt. you may have do some modifications
make sure you plug the vtec harness under the seat

ibtl

btw can u order me a set of mugen si seats?
Old 05-23-2008, 07:59 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FV-QR

You realize your dealership can get in a LOT of trouble for ordering parts like that, since it's basically fraud?

Those parts are limited edition, and every punk-*** 17 year old lube tech is not supposed to have a set.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes im sure honda will be SO pissed that they sold another set of seats and put money in their pocket. cmon guys be serious. its not a ferrari enzo lol

no the seats wont bolt up. but ur gonna have to make it fit.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:09 AM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (prettylew)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prettylew &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes im sure honda will be SO pissed that they sold another set of seats and put money in their pocket. cmon guys be serious. its not a ferrari enzo lol

no the seats wont bolt up. but ur gonna have to make it fit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Um, when you have to provide ID, Registration, and your car's serial number to order ANY signature part for a Mugen Si ..... then I'm sure there's a reason.

If Honda just wanted the money, they would let everyone have whatever part they wanted.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2008 mugen si seats! repost! (ek_si hatch)

First off you need a VIN number to order anything Mugen related from the 2008 special edition Mugen SI. Secondly, I don't even think there is anything special about those seats, they are just regular SI's aren't they? (it's been a month or so since I sat in our Mugen SI that is still sitting out on the lot.) Third, you cannot order an entire seat, you have to order them by individual pieces so theoretically you would have to "build" your special seats.

BTW, I also work for Honda
Old 05-23-2008, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (Eran)

Who the HELL are you the JDM police telling him he cant have a set of Mugen seats. Hes buying them with his own money does it matter or are you upset because he figured on a way to get them and you cant if its like that than everyone with JDM recaros should send them back to japan since there only for that continent or all you people that have front end conversions are posers because there a japan only product. GET A LIFE YOU BUM!!!!! as to answer your question they do need to be modded to fit. Does it matter what he does with his own money and no you dont need a vin for everything, there ways around it.

As being a former parts manager you can pull up the cars by just the chassis code and just go through the parts selection, and no there the same as the Si seat its just that they sew in a Mugen logo instead. So the seats are not anything special like i said before any interior place can sew in the exact same logo on that section of fabric and take out the Mugen one for 200 dollars. So those special seats aren't so special and thats why there sold in sections.

Modified by slvrcvc93 at 9:20 AM 5/23/2008
Old 05-23-2008, 08:17 AM
HT White Ops

Default FV-QR

I'm just going on what I've heard from MY parts person. At my dealership, you have to provide proof of ownership. Limited edition cars, limited edition parts.

I'm not the JDM police. I could give a [freak] less about JDM or Mugen whatever. I'm purely stating that maybe there's a reason they're a limited run.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea seriously mugen SI seats arent even different from regular si seats.

the mugen si IS NOT THAT EXCLUSIVE lol. seriously u guys are taken this mugen thing to another level.
they didnt sell out in record time. in fact u can still buy a new one! its OVERPRICED. but whatever.

fact is Mugen si seats are the same as regular SI seats.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (slvrcvc93)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slvrcvc93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Who the HELL are you the JDM police
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Guess you missed the part about me WORKING for Honda. I just walked out to our Mugen SI and indeed there is nothing 'Mugen' about the seats, they are just SI seats. So yes, if you want to go spend 2g's+ for brand new SI seats from the dealer then go for it.

But Eran and I are correct about ordering anything Mugen off the 2008 SI, you have to provide proof of ownership before they will order anything.

::EDIT::

There are no Mugen logos on the seat for future references, exact same seats as a regular SI. So lets end this arguement and let it fall into the archives.

Modified by Skunk.Werks at 12:24 PM 5/23/2008
Old 05-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (Skunk.Werks)

As being a former parts manager you can pull up the cars by just the chassis code and just go through the parts selection, and no there the same as the Si seat its just that they sew in a Mugen logo instead. So the seats are not anything special like I said before any interior place can sew in the exact same logo on that section of fabric and take out the Si one for 200 dollars. So those special seats aren't so special and thats why there sold in sections. Just in case you didnt read it the first time.

Ohh and just so you know different dealers have different practices on how they sell there parts. Yes we all request the vin to identify exact make, model and year But is it necessary no it is not you should know that seeing that you work at the dealer.

(Also just so you know when we have theft recoverys where the seats are missing we order Si seats send them to a place in jersey called Tristate leather in Linden N.J. and they do the Mugen logo lmao like I said the 100 ways around it, im sure your dealership uses someone similar)

Modified by slvrcvc93 at 10:01 AM 5/23/2008
Old 05-23-2008, 08:58 AM

if you gonna try and get some limited seats you better bust *** and get them mugen rr seats there fresh...... find a importer go to japan f*ck it become a pen pal with some japanese kid.....
Old 05-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slvrcvc93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> As being a former parts manager you can pull up the cars by just the chassis code and just go through the parts selection, and no there the same as the Si seat its just that they sew in a Mugen logo instead. So the seats are not anything special like I said before any interior place can sew in the exact same logo on that section of fabric and take out the Si one for 200 dollars. So those special seats aren't so special and thats why there sold in sections. Just in case you didnt read it the first time.

Modified by slvrcvc93 at 10:01 AM 5/23/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

WRONG AGAIN! the seats are EXACTLY the same as a regular si seat. no mugen logo, no serial number,

this thread sucks, the mugen SI is an overpriced piece of ****
Old 05-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FV-QR (prettylew)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prettylew &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
the mugen SI is an overpriced piece of ****</TD></TR></TABLE>

you a hater. it is a bit overprice imo also, but its no where close compare to a pos

Modified by cuonglogan at 3:07 PM 5/23/2008
Old 05-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it is a POS, for the money they charge and the upgrades it has, its not worth it AT ALL. the mugen RR is nice. the mugen si sucks. which is EXACTLY why theyre not sold out yet. if they were so nice theyd be sold out in a week.