Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

2002 Si test drive

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Si test drive

Here the story:

I was sitting at home board out of my mind. Then my bro eh-D calls me and says dude you will not believe what I just drove. I was like ok what did you drive? He said the Si, Brew, our local dealer just got it in. and he drove it. I said Damn you lucky bastard, I wonder if they would let me drive in. He said never hurts to try. So I hopped into my mom's green EX. Because she bought it there and I thought that might help.
So I speed down to Brew and park right behind the Si. My jaw dropped and I said to myself that pics don't do this car justice. Then suddenly I heard 'nope they sure don't'. It was the sales dude that let eh-D drive it. Then he asked did i wanna go for a spin. I said sure. I backed the EX into a space and off we go. He was revving the **** out of it and there was only 71 miles on it so I took it as a cue that I could do the same. Dude drove like a maniac squealing the tires on stops and saying how good the brakes were, and he was taking turns super fast to show me how well it handled, which it did despite all the things I have heard. So he was driving around looking for a buddy of his to show him the car. Evetually he said screw it he is just **** out of luck. Then we were stopped at an intercection; he looks around and says why don't we switch here. Then before I could say anything he was out the door, so I said Chinese Fire Drill time. I got in buckled my belt and started plying with the shifter. I loved it, at first I thought it was gonna suck but I changed my mind two seconds into driving it. The light turns I barley notice, because I was playing with the shifter. Then a truck rolled like within inches of me, so I said **** it and punched it and dropped the clutch and I was off. The sales dude was like ohh well wasn't much else you could do. I said sure wasn't I revved out first and chirped the tires going into second. Drove mellow the rest of the way back pulled in and parked it.
He gave me his card, and said I could get a good resale in "my" EX. I just said I would think about it.
And dude said the CTR should be over in a year.
I loved the car and I can't wait till the CTR comes over, because if the Si was that good I can't imagine how good it will be. I especially loved the seats.
Old 04-04-2002, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2002 Si test drive (amal8301)

I have to agree. Being a lover of the older civics styling(92-00) and being so confused about the design of the rsx, I was sure I wouldn't like it. I have seen pictures of the new si hatches and I thought if I wanted a mini van i would buy an oddeysey. My friend from high school pulls up in a black si with like 10 miles on it. I was very impressed in real life. The lines are straight and sharp, the interior is awesome. The seats had me sold. Those are the baddest seats I have ever sat in. And I beliebe that seats are a big deal. As for the shifter, **** looks funny, but just sitting in one and playing with it will make you change your mind. It is unbelieveablly natural. I like the sueade interior and the red stitching on the seats, steering wheel, and shift boot. There is no joke about this car being well built. It is quiet, it is smooth, and it is elegant. The car made a seriously different impression on me in person. Oh, yeah did i mention anything about me liking the interior?
Old 04-04-2002, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 2002 Si test drive (4g4me)

*drives to honda to go test drive Si*