Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

2000si cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 03:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000si cruise control

ok so i do alot of alarms on the side for extra money and i am mecp certified and do this for a living. I installed an avital 4400 on a 99-00 si on wed, in the rain for 30% of the install, well a couple days ago the guy calls and says that now his cruise control does not work. im not sure how it happend but i did kinda rush at the end because i was getting soaked. anyone have any ideas? im looking at it today (sun) he said the fuse was fine but ill replace it anyway just to be sure but does anyone know what part of the cruise control is electronic and would have wires located inside the car?
Old 01-18-2009, 08:39 AM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 2000si cruise control

Originally Posted by accordin 2 me
ok so i do alot of alarms on the side for extra money and i am mecp certified and do this for a living. I installed an avital 4400 on a 99-00 si on wed, in the rain for 30% of the install, well a couple days ago the guy calls and says that now his cruise control does not work. im not sure how it happend but i did kinda rush at the end because i was getting soaked. anyone have any ideas? im looking at it today (sun) he said the fuse was fine but ill replace it anyway just to be sure but does anyone know what part of the cruise control is electronic and would have wires located inside the car?
while this is generation specific technical info, i would also suggest asking in the audio/video/security subforum. there are some very knowledgeable people in there.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Most of the CC wiring is under the dash, driver's side. The most systematic and easiest approach is to test the 14 connections at the CC computer. The computer is mounted on the lower outboard side of the driver's footwell. The shop manual gives the 14 checks; they're all simple multimeter checks like voltage, resistance, and continuity.

Dunno what the rules are here on posting single pages from shop manuals. Otherwise I would put it up for you.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:54 AM
MiG-21 superfan

Originally Posted by honda.lioness
Most of the CC wiring is under the dash, driver's side. The most systematic and easiest approach is to test the 14 connections at the CC computer. The computer is mounted on the lower outboard side of the driver's footwell. The shop manual gives the 14 checks; they're all simple multimeter checks like voltage, resistance, and continuity.

Dunno what the rules are here on posting single pages from shop manuals. Otherwise I would put it up for you.
if the information is available to the public direct to the end user from the originator, IE advance/autozone, honda UK, then it's ok to repost is. they want the public to have it.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you check all the vacuum lines???
Old 01-19-2009, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by builthatch
if the information is available to the public direct to the end user from the originator, IE advance/autozone, honda UK, then it's ok to repost is. they want the public to have it.
Autozone has a linking agreement at its site. It is found under "terms and conditions" at the bottom of the home page. Among other things, the agreement states that those who link to autozone.com have to use a specified autozone.com logo to do so. The agreement expressly forbids deep linking to pages within the autozone.com site. Autozone does not want the public using its material, even if it is available direct to the end user from autozone.com, unless certain conditions are met. These conditions go towards protecting Autozone's legal copyrights, liability (since for example some auto sites have **** and Autozone expressly says such sites are not permitted to link to autozone.com), and promotion as a merchant.

The Honda UK home page also has a "terms and conditions" link. It states it is okay to link to the site. However, people are not to use graphics from its site without written permission from Honda UK.

Advance Auto also has a copyright warning that prohibits using any of its material for any purpose except "the sole purpose of placing an order or using [the Advance] site as a shopping resource."

I thought it was possible that single pages from one's own shop manual might be permitted here in some situations under the "fair use" doctrine of copyright law. But I do not know.

If I were the OP, I would specifically be checking the electrical connections at the: cruise control brake and clutch switches electrical connections (on the top of the pedals' arms); the main switch (on the dash); the set/resume yada switch connections coming down the steering wheel into the driver's side wiring harness under the dash; any alarm wiring connection made to tach wiring (since the CC often uses a tach signal).
Old 01-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the little rubber stopper on the clutch pedal assembly that pushes the cruise control clutch switch may have busted coincidentally. this would cause cruise control to not work. i'd check that first.