Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

2000 Honda Civic CX with 24,000 miles! ATF question and looking for suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: 2000 Honda Civic CX with 24,000 miles! ATF question and looking for suggestions

Only one thread per topic is allowed. Related threads merged.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:15 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: 2000 Honda Civic CX with 24,000 miles!

Originally Posted by 94EG8
Btw, a couple of years ago there was a '93 DX coupe on ebay with 1800 miles on it. It sat in a garage for 16 years. Was super mint as well. NOFX might remember it as well.
This is what a brand new 5th gen looked like fresh off the lot.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/how-much-my-car-worth-2757403/#post42253754
Old 02-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: 2000 Honda Civic CX with 24,000 miles! ATF question and looking for suggestions

^ That's the one. had 100 miles more than I thought. Still a super rare find. I think it was you that sent me the link the ebay auction.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Novz
Actually I was wrong. Here's the real deal. I called and talked to the original owner today. He told me he drove the car almost everyday but only to work which was only a few miles away. Occasionally took road trips but not often. He said he did only changes every 3K and Carfax confirms that. Inspection every year as well. He just took very good care of it. Even kept all the fluids changed out but DID NOT change the fluids before he traded it. Last time he changed the fluids other then the recent oil change was about a year ago. So the car was driven and maintained great. BUT There's even better news though! There's only 13 certified Honda Master technicians on the world and my city has one of them. So what I did today is take the car to the dealership and had him look over the car with a fine tooth comb. Report came back great! While the car was on the lift, he even showed me every component under the car. He recommended me replace the bushings in the near future but that was it! Also of course the timing belt service and fluid changes. He was impressed. Everyone in that dealership was amazed by the car. He told me if with bushings, timing belt, and fluids done, it would literally be a brand new 2000 Civic. I'm so happy. This is truly a one of a kind car!!
lil trips arent the best (like was said) however....its a million times better then sitting.

congrats OP---then you got a score.

Now, lets talk about your swap. In 2 weeks your going to hate that 80 hp cx motor, lol.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NOFX
This is what a brand new 5th gen looked like fresh off the lot.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=42253754
I have a EG thats as clean as that. However it just got a paint job 2 weeks ago....and as soon as you look under her, I couldn't pass off 1800 miles, let alone 180k, lol. As long as you just look at it from the outside though....it *could* have 2k miles on it....lol.

Sad part is.....mine I could still get around 3k for it....Dunno know about everywhere else, but here in ny 4 cyclinder civics sell for a premium...
Old 02-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Novz
There's only 13 certified Honda Master technicians on the world and my city has one of them.
Woah woah woah.....I was thinking about this for a second, theres NO way that could be true. First of all, Id say, I trust the name-less, face-less crowd here anyday over a stealership. And not for nothing but we got some incredible bright guys on here. You ask a question and you'll have an answer. If you dont, most likely you aren't explaining it correctly Ron, Marc, 94eg, motegi, 98civdx the list goes on and on.

In either case...13 master techs in the world??? Someone sold you a bridge with that one..lol
I used to work for a honda dealer and we had 2, so I wanted to check, but any honda dealer website you go to...you'll see a bunch of them.

http://natick.bernardihonda.com/Honda-Road-Test

Questions on the proper operation of your Honda
One of our 6 ASE Certified Master and American Honda Master Technicians will be happy to meet with you 1 on 1 to explain the system of interest (e.g. ABS brakes, Navigation system, DVD Entertainment system, etc) and answer all of your questions about your Honda and its proper maintenance. ----- from the link above

^ 6 honda master-techs currently.

Chances are there is slightly more then 13 in the whole world...sorry.

http://media.dealerfire.com/websites...techs-3756.pdf

Place in WI has 14...under 1 roof.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redm3turbo
Woah woah woah.....I was thinking about this for a second, theres NO way that could be true. First of all, Id say, I trust the name-less, face-less crowd here anyday over a stealership. And not for nothing but we got some incredible bright guys on here. You ask a question and you'll have an answer. If you dont, most likely you aren't explaining it correctly Ron, Marc, 94eg, motegi, 98civdx the list goes on and on.

In either case...13 master techs in the world??? Someone sold you a bridge with that one..lol
I used to work for a honda dealer and we had 2, so I wanted to check, but any honda dealer website you go to...you'll see a bunch of them.

One of our 6 ASE Certified Master and American Honda Master Technicians will be happy to meet with you 1 on 1 to explain the system of interest (e.g. ABS brakes, Navigation system, DVD Entertainment system, etc) and answer all of your questions about your Honda and its proper maintenance. ----- from the link above

I may be wrong about the number. When h
Old 02-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I may be wrong about the number. When Honda puts you on hold, the operator says something about the how many master techs for Honda there is in the world and we have one of them. I forgot the dudes name, I'll call and get it tomorrow. He's bad *** though, very intelligent!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:26 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a EG thats as clean as that. However it just got a paint job 2 weeks ago....and as soon as you look under her, I couldn't pass off 1800 miles, let alone 180k, lol. As long as you just look at it from the outside though....it *could* have 2k miles on it....lol.

Sad part is.....mine I could still get around 3k for it....Dunno know about everywhere else, but here in ny 4 cyclinder civics sell for a premium...
I have a CRX I could easily get $3k for locally. lol
Old 02-13-2012, 11:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, first off:
Put a damn good alarm system on it!
Thieves will see that and won't just take parts-they'll take the whole damn car!
DX

But yes, VERY clean car!
Please please PLEASE for the love of the Honda gods, don't rice it the f**k up!!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 11:36 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 218 Likes on 196 Posts

All this time...I thought it was a 5spd. If you are going to keep it an automatic, ...great. If you are planning to put a swap in it and convert to 5spd, have fun at it. Now you will have to literally buy new parts for the conversion because older, used parts will not look right.

Sorry...but I would not shell out $5K for a 12yr old automatic Civic hatch.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Seagull Management

Originally Posted by NVturbo
All this time...I thought it was a 5spd. If you are going to keep it an automatic, ...great. If you are planning to put a swap in it and convert to 5spd, have fun at it. Now you will have to literally buy new parts for the conversion because older, used parts will not look right.
You do know new pedal rubbers are only like $5 a piece from honda Right? Other than those, the shift **** and boot you really can't see anything else.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:51 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 218 Likes on 196 Posts

You do know new pedal rubbers are only like $5 a piece from honda Right? Other than those, the shift **** and boot you really can't see anything else.
Yes, I'm fully aware of that.
$150 5spd tranny motor mount
$ --- clutch line
$ --- clutch reservoir
$ --- clutch slave cylinder
$ --- 5spd pedal assembly
$ --- shift boot

......I'm sure once it is swapped out, the OP is going to show it off to people when asked. Just saying.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Seagull Management

Originally Posted by NVturbo
Yes, I'm fully aware of that.
$150 5spd tranny motor mount
Used bracket, it really doesn't matter how many miles are on it as long as it comes from a southern car
$ --- clutch line - same as above
$ --- clutch reservoir its plastic - clean it up good and it'll look new
$ --- clutch slave cylinder - I wouldn't use a used slave cylinder anyway, it's not like they cost much new
$ --- 5spd pedal assembly - It's mostly under the dash, you really can't see it, if you're really worried about it clean it up and paint it.
$ --- shift boot - that I would buy new, still shouldn't cost much.

......I'm sure once it is swapped out, the OP is going to show it off to people when asked. Just saying.[/quote]
Old 02-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Used bracket, it really doesn't matter how many miles are on it as long as it comes from a southern car
$ --- clutch line - same as above
$ --- clutch reservoir its plastic - clean it up good and it'll look new
$ --- clutch slave cylinder - I wouldn't use a used slave cylinder anyway, it's not like they cost much new
$ --- 5spd pedal assembly - It's mostly under the dash, you really can't see it, if you're really worried about it clean it up and paint it.
$ --- shift boot - that I would buy new, still shouldn't cost much.

......I'm sure once it is swapped out, the OP is going to show it off to people when asked. Just saying.
[/QUOTE]

I don't want a 5-speed lol. I got what I wanted
Old 02-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Btw, timing belt service will completed this weekend. I don't wanna do nothing but get in and drive. All original, stock, low mile, great mpg, rare, reliable, beautiful civic. $5000 for pretty much a new car, is a steal. Specially a hatch in this condition. Can easily sell this car at any given time and make a profit. Even years from now. Dealer already offered me $7500 lol. Everything's all good over here bro
Old 02-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They offered you $7500?!
Holy crap!!
The businessman in me says you should have sold it, because years from now it could be wrecked, hail-damaged, stolen, or beat up and worth less than that....but the Honda person in me says if you got what you were after and you're happy, then good
^^

Still, $7500 could buy you a decent RSX or Teg instead...just sayin
Old 02-15-2012, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice score op. Pretty funny that I saw this since I just scored a similar civic over the weekend.

Got a silver 98 Cx hatch, with manual trans, and 17500 miles! Its very similar to yours in that everything is completely stock, and the previous owner kept it in flawless condition.

Both the interior and exterior looks absolutely brand new. The previous owner was an old college professor, who only drove it to and from work. He brought it in to a dealer to get the fluids checked, and ended up trading it in for something else. My father knows somebody who works at the dealership and he gave us a call to tell us about the car and I went down to check it out. Paid 4k for pretty much a brand new car