Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

2000 ek w/ H22 Mount Debate..Need Answers

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 03:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 ek w/ H22 Mount Debate..Need Answers

For all those who have owned an EK with a H22..My question is this..Im new to the H series game..I've been reading on all the popular Honda Forums but heres the issue..Between the three popular brands(Hasport, Innovative, Avid) Im reading problems with all three of them..I know they all position the motor in different places so I know that makes a difference..but everytime I somewhat get sold on one, I find threads about it giving problems..So to anyone who has an ek w/ a H, If I could get some facts more than opinions on which one is the best to use, It'd be greatly appreciated
Old 11-08-2011, 04:03 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: 2000 ek w/ H22 Mount Debate..Need Answers

You already cross posted this in the Hybrid forum.

Also your post is severely lacking information.

How about you tell US what you've found out about each of them and people can then verify it or not. "different places" doesn't tell us much AND you fail to mention if ithe "problem" exists with the current design of the mounts or if you were reading something old and outdated. BETTER YET...how about you just call the companies directly and just ask if what you've learned is fact or not?
Old 11-08-2011, 04:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes I posted in both b/c I wasnt sure of the right location..as for what I've read, not certain as to which one but i believe its hasport that has axle issues and the only way for them to not have issues is to have the car raised to stock height. Whether this is true or not, I dont know. As for the dates of these threads I've read, they are within the past 2 years or so..As to calling the companies, thats no problem but I'd rather hear it first from some of the consumers of each brand and their experiences
Old 11-08-2011, 04:15 AM
The Grumpiest

Originally Posted by djcam954
Yes I posted in both b/c I wasnt sure of the right location..as for what I've read, not certain as to which one but i believe its hasport that has axle issues and the only way for them to not have issues is to have the car raised to stock height. Whether this is true or not, I dont know. As for the dates of these threads I've read, they are within the past 2 years or so..As to calling the companies, thats no problem but I'd rather hear it first from some of the consumers of each brand and their experiences
Your call. But If you've read all the threads then you've gotten opinions already. So I don't know what gathering them into one thread is supposed to do. You can check the Hybrid builds and see what people are running. PM some of the owners and ask their opinions.

And two years is a long time. A lot can change.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Gathering them into 1 thread..is like I said..to hear people's experiences..Appreciate your words homey but you've only given me other avenues to venture in..Im pretty sure you've had a h22 in one of your cars..not sure if it was an ek that day i Seen u in one of the posts I was reading..but Im just looking as to how your experience was with your mount setup..So if you can help with THAT, I'd appreciate it..
Old 11-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

h2b it
Old 11-08-2011, 10:11 AM
H-T Premium Sponsor

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by djcam954
the h22 swap is putting a big engine into a small car. yes people run into problems. more so with the h22 swap than any other swap

hasport is the only company that i know of to offer a h22 mount kit and h22 axles for that swap. hasport h22 axles work with hasport h22 mount kits. 2 things happen since we offer axles. 1 people buy our axles without using a hasport mount kit and run into problems. 2 people try to use stock axle combinations that are too long and end up having length issues. i will say this now. there is no stock axle combination that is correct for an h22 swap. that being said people get away with using whatever axle combinations but if you were to actually measure they would be on the long side of length. its only a matter of time before something happens

when doing an h22 swap there is an extreme axle angle due the size of the engine/trans and placement of the engine. there is no way around this whatever mount kit you use. lowering the car exasperates this problem which is why its best to run at stock height. who really wants to run at stock height though.

people also need to remember these cars are over 10 years old. they arent straight and true anymore. putting an engine in that was never intended to be in there with very tight tolerance and axle angles is a recipe for things going wrong. yes we try our best and help everyone with their swaps but things do come up that are out of our control
Old 11-08-2011, 10:34 AM
The Grumpiest

Thanks. This is why you get it from the horses mouth and not rely on people that may or may not (more than likely NOT) be performing such a swap correctly.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

To hasport..thank you for the info..im def gonna look more into your axle/mount combo
Old 11-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've had two h22-swapped civics. An eg with hasport mounts and integra/ prelude axle shaft combo, and now and ek with hasport mounts and "Raxles" swap axles. Both cars were slightly lowered, and i never really had any issues with the axle/ mount combos. The ek i have now had a lil bit of vibration when accelerating, but it was solved with a camber kit and an alignment.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hasport ftw. I should have bought them in the beginning to be 100%. The install guide for the mounts also provided a check list for anything and everything else I would need to install the H22 motor into the car. I wish I knew about that before. haha