Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

2000 Civic Si ( new forum member)

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Civic Si ( new forum member)

Hello to all. Im new to the forum and also to the honda scene. I recently purchased a 2000 civic si with a Turbo B20b. Based on the info i gathered on this forum. These motors have weak sleeves. I ve decided to go with either what originaly came in the car a b16 vtech or a b18c1 . My plans with the car is to make it a reliable dd capable of making 550 whp. The current turbo set up is junk. Ebay lol its got a gsp intercooler and cheap turbo. Car has rc550 injectors, walbro 255 pump . computer is a p28 with chrome tuning. Car was tuned on it and made 290 whp. Any guidance if greatly appreciated.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2000 Civic Si ( new forum member)

why would a daily driver need over 500 horse power?
Old 02-11-2013, 12:50 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

More importantly, do you even know what is involved in A) keeping 500WHP on the ground, B) keeping 500WHP driveable, and C) making the motor capable of it? You're now breaching into the ten thousand dollar build range.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes i know what it takes to make it hook . Just getting ideas on which route to take. Ive seen a few b18c1 make close to 500 wheel hp with stock sleeves. with a good tune. I plan on getting the car tuned on a pump gas tune and another one w a race gas tune. Can any one post their hp and set ups please. from fuel system, motor , turbo ect. thanks
Old 02-11-2013, 06:51 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Try the Forced Induction section. Plenty of builds there.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
Try the Forced Induction section. Plenty of builds there.
This ^ And has more people knowledgeable with turbocharging. This is the section more general tech for 6th gen's.

500hp in a Civic is cute, as long as it maintains it's good MPG and isn't shitface annoying, that's awesome. Good luck.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosting4
Yes i know what it takes to make it hook . Just getting ideas on which route to take. Ive seen a few b18c1 make close to 500 wheel hp with stock sleeves. with a good tune. I plan on getting the car tuned on a pump gas tune and another one w a race gas tune. Can any one post their hp and set ups please. from fuel system, motor , turbo ect. thanks
You're right, but they didn't last long.

Check the most popular one in the forced induction forum, CaliforniaDad, his build blew within a month or two with stock sleeves.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

500 hp is a large goal, and why would you need that for daily use?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChuzzLe
500 hp is a large goal, and why would you need that for daily use?
He doesnt...and he isnt thinking realistically.
Only reason why anyone would NEED 500+ daily driven hp is because they are young and like driving around town like an douche.
Hopefully this isnt the OP's case...
Old 02-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JuggerNaut-CTR
He doesnt...and he isnt thinking realistically.
Only reason why anyone would NEED 500+ daily driven hp is because they are young and like driving around town like an douche.
Hopefully this isnt the OP's case...
^^Id hope it isnt the case but somehow there are many young people out there that think that 500 is a realistic number to achieve, and still be on a budget.
Second unless the OP has money just falling out his behind he isnt going to just plunk down 10K and have a finely tuned car that he can drive on the street.

What would be the OP's need to have that kind of HP?
Like JPB says does he even expect it to be driveable? MY thoughts are no.

Lastly why would one buy an SI without the stock motor in it?
It just seems like a waste to not have an SI in its stock form.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Ridin Dirty in Cali

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes i know what it takes to make it hook
OK elaborate....
Old 02-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Really come on , One im not a kid and two yes i have the funds to build a car. As stated before i just wanted to get an idea from members that have build to this power level. Dirty19 with all do respect ive owned more cars than you will ever be able to drive and have made alot more than 500 fwhp. im new to the honda crowd thats why i asked of what combos work and which dont. As for the car, i bought it to help someone out . When i say dd i mean drive on the street on 93 pump on low boost and run a separate fuel cell for the race gas which will cut on at high boost levels. Before you judge me take time to know me , and dont fall into the idiot category. thanks
Old 02-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Really come on , One im not a kid and two yes i have the funds to build a car. As stated before i just wanted to get an idea from members that have build to this power level. Dirty19 with all do respect ive owned more cars than you will ever be able to drive and have made alot more than 500 fwhp. im new to the honda crowd thats why i asked of what combos work and which dont. As for the car, i bought it to help someone out . When i say dd i mean drive on the street on 93 pump on low boost and run a separate fuel cell for the race gas which will cut on at high boost levels. Before you judge me take time to know me , and dont fall into the idiot category. thanks
List of Questions for you

- Why do you need 500hp on low boost for DD? Is your Daily activities include going to the track Monday-friday and running 1/4 times? Or is it just going to work and doing errans? 500hp in a HONDA is much different then 500hp in let's say a heavy *** mustang. A Honda is extremely light as it is and needs NO WHERE near that much hp for a street built car.

-You say don't judge someone without knowing the person yet you make a blunt judgement that you have driven more car's then dirty19(Which I STRONGLY doubt). This would not make anyone more experienced than another. Dirty has an AMAZINGLY built Honda car and probably knows much more than you know, and would be willing to bet my car that he knows more.

- Why did you decide to buy a 2000 si without it's stock b16? Isn't that the point of getting a si? Besides the motor you could have just got a 98-99 and did a 00 conversion.

If you don't want one to judge you without personally knowing your then keep respect and knowledge in mind. Do research before asking basic questions and always treat someone with more knowledge on a subject with nothing but respect unless disrespect is given. You have extremely unreasonable numbers and honestly seem's irrelevant and no reason to build anywhere that high. Just with the stock b16, with a minor low-end build and on Koni/GC suspension will be a nice DD. You don't need a 500hp STREET CAR unless you street racing which you need to keep that **** on this site. Nobody here supports it.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:39 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

You're new to the Honda world. You admitted it yourself. You've probably never driven something as light as the 6G chassis is. Power isn't the only thing that matters. My 200whp tune whipped the wheels off Ford 4.6 modular powered cars that were putting 300-350 to the rears, because I weighed literally half what they did.

I'm going to help you out here, even though you've made it pretty clear that you don't actually want help, you just want someone to agree with you and make you feel good about yourself. Pull the block out and get Darton or AEBS sleeves installed. Replace the pistons and rods with something performance-oriented. CP makes great pistons, Carillo makes great rods. Stay in the 9:1-10:1 CR range. Get the head worked, and replace the valvetrain with something performance-oriented. Educate yourself on turbos, how they work, what you should look for, and how to read a turbo flow chart. After getting the head worked, you should know how much it'll flow. Use that to find the correct turbo for your build. Bolt turbo on, get tune, go.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My friend has a b18c turbo'd fully built motor in his EK hatchback. It is dyno'd @350whp with the capability for a lot more. I asked him why he doesn't run with more power. His response was whats the point I cant get traction with the power I have now. He never drives it and has about 20K into his motor.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Trbodynamx
My friend has a b18c turbo'd fully built motor in his EK hatchback. It is dyno'd @350whp with the capability for a lot more. I asked him why he doesn't run with more power. His response was whats the point I cant get traction with the power I have now. He never drives it and has about 20K into his motor.
Kind of a useless post...if he thinks why make more power if he cant get traction at 350whp, then sounds like he needs...suspension, rim/tire upgrades.

Heres a 650whp civic that gets traction just fine.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Kind of a useless post...if he thinks why make more power if he cant get traction at 350whp, then sounds like he needs...suspension, rim/tire upgrades.

Heres a 650whp civic that gets traction just fine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsQo5...xIkEyg&index=1
I don't believe it is useless. I agree he could get traction with a better tire. He is on normal street tires with somewhat near stock widths most likely. He put in extended wheel studs as well to accommodate different rims with racing slicks. But we are talking about a DD. Would you do commuting in those type of tires. That video you posted is from a roll on the freeway. How does it do accelerating from stop light to stop light? My point is you don't even need 350 whp on the street in a DD civic.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Didnt realize we were discussing whether or not you would dd a certain sticky tire, or stop light to stop light street race. Freeway or not...car started in 3rd gear at lower rpm's, and hooked beautifully. If he cant get traction in a 350whp car and chooses not to drive it, sounds like he needs a new hobby and/or to not be street racing like a dumbass...

I get your point and strongly agree with you. I was simply stating your friend needs a better setup if that is truly the case.

/rant
Old 02-14-2013, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Didnt realize we were discussing whether or not you would dd a certain sticky tire, or stop light to stop light street race. Freeway or not...car started in 3rd gear at lower rpm's, and hooked beautifully. If he cant get traction in a 350whp car and chooses not to drive it, sounds like he needs a new hobby and/or to not be street racing like a dumbass...

I get your point and strongly agree with you. I was simply stating your friend needs a better setup if that is truly the case.

/rant
Very true, i agree with both of you but i think more of the point he was trying to get at was that even at 350whp he doesn't feel the need to have more. My cuzzo has a gsr in his ek coupe and i swear to god i thought i was driving a nascar the first time i ever drove it lmao Now i've been in more and more builds i see the true power these civic's can really get up to. he was only at 235whp and THAT WAS GOD DAMN PLENTY enough to enjoy driving.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The whole point of the post was not to start a pissing match. All was to find out the best way to build a motor that can handle the 500 hp range on a good amount of boost, thats all. If any one wants to help thanks but if you just want to act like its pointless to build a car with 500hp then dont mind the post. yes i am aware that these cars are super light when in this car i out ran my friends 440 rwhp cobra. Just trying to educate my self on these cars. My apologies if i offended anyone on here thats not my intention.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The reason i bought the car was to help a friend that was tight on money. And i like the car. Realistic number im thinking are 340-370 on 93 pump and close to 500 on race fuel. Car would be driven on weekends.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:31 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I already told you what you need to do to run 500 safely. It would have been helpful if you had mentioned multiple maps in the first post, rather than just now. To run it safely and reliably, you'll need Darton MID or AEBS sleeves, good rods, good pistons, and a turbo. The AEM EMS will allow you to run two separate tunes with integrated boost control, since the turbo is where you'll be getting that extra 150-200 horse for track days.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes i forgot to mention the street tune and race gas tune. As far as sleeves go what a good place to have the motor work done. I live in Blacksburg va small town lol. Ill check some of the other build post and see which rods and pistons ill decide to run. Thanks
Old 02-17-2013, 04:31 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

If you're in Blacksburg, you're actually close to the Darton factory in VA. Call them. There's also an authorized AEBS sleeve installer called Inline Pro. Call them too.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:33 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

For tuning, call up Matt Shue. He's the best in the state.

Quick Reply: 2000 Civic Si ( new forum member)