Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

2 wrecks, airbags not deployed.... bother keeping it or switch steering wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 wrecks, airbags not deployed.... bother keeping it or switch steering wheels

Ok i bought my car with a salvaged title (which many of you hate) with Very slighty front damage, but its all good for me.... and i have an incident with a gaurd rail a few months back.

My airbags haven't deployed yet, and i hit the rail going sort of fast.

Should i keep the srs or just change steering wheels. Ive wanted to change steering wheels, but figured i'd just leave the air bag. And if i do remove the steering wheel, and put a different one on; in the future can i hook up the srs again?

My car is a 95 ex just to let you know..

Help is needed and wanted

Another question has anyone tried putting a 92 ls steering wheel on their eg? I think the look is perfect, and with alittle cutting of the rear plast is will work great.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2 wrecks, airbags not deployed.... bother keeping it or switch steering wheels (EGcivicBoy)

if they didnt go off they may not work. if you do take the srs wheel off, it should be able to be put back on cause its just unhooking the harness right?

and btw your sig says you can get oem style parts for any vehicle, how bout a driver door for an 84 s10?
Old 03-04-2004, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2 wrecks, airbags not deployed.... bother keeping it or switch steering wheels (pyro_assassin)

The airbag sensors are by your feet under the pedels. They are not located on the bumpers. You pretty much have to total your car for the air bags to go off.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:11 AM

Default Re: 2 wrecks, airbags not deployed.... bother keeping it or switch steering wheels (Jun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pyro_assassin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if they didnt go off they may not work. if you do take the srs wheel off, it should be able to be put back on cause its just unhooking the harness right?

and btw your sig says you can get oem style parts for any vehicle, how bout a driver door for an 84 s10?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats what i was thinkin about the srs but i wanted to make sure.

Usually cant get doors but i can get a door shell for your s10

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The airbag sensors are by your feet under the pedels. They are not located on the bumpers. You pretty much have to total your car for the air bags to go off.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Like i said... i hit the gaurd rail pretty hard
Old 03-04-2004, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2 wrecks, airbags not deployed.... bother keeping it or switch steering wheels (EGcivicBoy)

just switch to a non-SRS wheel. I've pulled all my SRS wire and the control unit out of my car.

You will need to rewire your horn and discount the SRS light in the cluster.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 2 wrecks, airbags not deployed.... bother keeping it or switch steering wheels (Jun)

Yeah, I have had my Sparco wheel on my car for almost a year now. My friends ask me about my SRS light on my dash....I don't even notice it anymore! I'm like, what light....oh yeah, that one!
Old 03-04-2004, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2 wrecks, airbags not deployed.... bother keeping it or switch steering wheels (Marauder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Marauder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, I have had my Sparco wheel on my car for almost a year now. My friends ask me about my SRS light on my dash....I don't even notice it anymore! I'm like, what light....oh yeah, that one!</TD></TR></TABLE>

you can also just take out the bulb
Old 03-04-2004, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2 wrecks, airbags not deployed.... bother keeping it or switch steering wheels (silverEH2)

Just discount the yellow plug on the back of the cluster. You can't get to the light without opening the cluster. Trust me, I've tried that way. All SRS wires and plugs are yellow.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 2 wrecks, airbags not deployed.... bother keeping it or switch steering wheels (silverEH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by silverEH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you can also just take out the bulb </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not worth my time to do it if it doesn't bother me any. If it bothers other people, that's there issue!
Old 03-04-2004, 11:18 AM

Default Re: 2 wrecks, airbags not deployed.... bother keeping it or switch steering wheels (Marauder)

Haha i kno how to take out those lights... i took my ABS light out because my accumulator was going out, so i took out the abs and now i have regular 4 wheel disc .........

Behind the steering wheel there is about a 1" thick black circular piece with all the wires connecting to it. Now the other steering wheel has the same stuff as mine (horn, cruise conrtol stuff) I need to figure out a way to splice those to work with out cutting up the abs lines.

After i do so, without removing all the abs lines ect, can i just put that 1" piece under the dash where it is not noticable?

Thanks for the help guys.

time to go pick up a car for a friend.... protect caRtoon
Old 03-04-2004, 04:50 PM

ttt
Old 03-04-2004, 05:09 PM
Pooping on children

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

send 12 volts through the wires going in to your air bag but dont do it while your sitting in front of it. that should tell you if your airbags are working or not