Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

2 Concerns with Apexi N1's on a slammed car?!!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Concerns with Apexi N1's on a slammed car?!!?!?!?!

I cant seem to find the thread about the custom extensions for the shock towers that i know would have the suspension theory im looking for so for starters if anyone has it in their favorites hook it up!

My first thought is mostly about just that, with having the springs set up almost at the lowest point possible i understand i am compromising much of the ability of the suspension. What can be done to counter this, if anything.

My second concern is lengevity. the answer to my first concern may be the same answer to this question but if not, what can be done to prolong lengevity of the suspension when its being driven daily. I really like the break neck stiff ride the apexi dampers offer but i feel like daily driving them on nearly the stiffest setting im just shortening their life. would riding them at a more modest setting help at all or is it just hopeless...?

Some of these concerns ive already figured but id really like some others opinions. Searching has turned into a huge project just to get some of the theory i want and hopefully can get with this thread!!!

thanx in advance all!
-Bryan-
Old 02-23-2004, 05:02 PM
diearzte2

Default Re: 2 Concerns with Apexi N1's on a slammed car?!!?!?!?! (EGStreetHtch)

My first thought is mostly about just that, with having the springs set up almost at the lowest point possible i understand i am compromising much of the ability of the suspension. What can be done to counter this, if anything.

If you get the right suspension (my Tein Type Flex have it) it is ride heigh adjustable at the bottom perch, so you you dont compromise the shock's stroke when you lower it.

My second concern is lengevity. the answer to my first concern may be the same answer to this question but if not, what can be done to prolong lengevity of the suspension when its being driven daily. I really like the break neck stiff ride the apexi dampers offer but i feel like daily driving them on nearly the stiffest setting im just shortening their life. would riding them at a more modest setting help at all or is it just hopeless...?

I would like to know too, my suspension has only been in for like a week now.
Old 02-23-2004, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2 Concerns with Apexi N1's on a slammed car?!!?!?!?! (diearzte2)

i was just looking at pics of the Tein type flex's and im not sure what the difference is between the two that you are referring to, could you further explain for me. or maybe if you have a clear pic, that would help also

-Bryan-
Old 02-23-2004, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

seriously no-one has any input on this???

-Bryan-
Old 02-23-2004, 11:54 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok , im tired so bare with me , i think what your asking is , will shortening a shock to its shortist hurt the damper? and do you loose travel by lowering it to the fullist, take my flex's for instance , i have mine to the shortest they go , which in turns puts more preload on the spring , making a firmer ride , and making the shock travel less, but not decreasing the amount it CAN go. there is no problem with this as i have had it for a year now , i have the apexi n1 and it has been beaten to hell and back , then back to hell again , but its still hangin in there. also , as far as the teins are concered , your not supposed to go full soft , but you can go full hard all you want , as it is 24 way adjustable , 1 being the hardest , 24 being the softist , 16 is as soft as you should go on the stock tein valving , or with the rates that come with it or damage could result.

there are a few companies that have that feature . wich makes it really nice because you can slam your ride to the ground and still have a nice shock travel and firm feel....before i knew the flex's did this , i had my car slammed all the way down , but the shock was extended to its fullist ,and when i jacked the car up the shock would travel all the way up and about a 2 inch gap would be between the spring and the tower , which is not good. thats where the shock height adjustment comes into play. hope that explained it but if it didnt let me know
Old 02-24-2004, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2 Concerns with Apexi N1's on a slammed car?!!?!?!?! (Hella_JDM)

thanx for taking the time Mark, helpful perspective and experience.

i really can't believe only two people have anything to say, i use to have more faith in the EG+ forum... guess i assumed wrong!

-Bryan-