Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

A (2) 93 Civic hatch SI I found. Need a bit of help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A (2) 93 Civic hatch SI I found. Need a bit of help.

Haven't bought or seen these cars for sale in so long.

Since I am looking for a car to buy, I think this would have been suitable. (Unless my cousin decides to sell me his EJ6 Hatch. :D)

Here are is the details for the first one.

1993 CIVIC HATCHBACK SI
CLEAN TITLE
5 SPEED
2ND OWNER
BRAND NEW PAINT JOB 4 MONTHS OLD (BLACK)
112XXX MILES
LOWERD WITH GROUND CONTROL COILOVERS
4200 OBO CALL OR TEX IF YOU HAVE ANY ?
ALL STOCK D16 MOTOR

2ed one: Clean title 93 civic si hatchback. stock motor has 130k and 160k on cluster. clean interior and body. Have AC! pink slip in hand as well as the smog papers. tag was due in April, tag fees will be buyers responsibility. smog is already done and taken care of, you may have the smog papers for dmv. asking $3500 WITHOUT my wheels, bring your own. if interested and would like to take a look at the car and/or have any questions please reply with a name and number, will contact. Thanks for looking.

That last time I saw someone bought these, it was my brother and that was back in 1999. The car (red) he bought was all stock and for 4,500 off an old lady. Cars mileage was at 110,XXX.

Since it's the year 2010 and these cars are hard to come by now, especially with a clean title. I thought it would be an okay price.

1st car: looks clean in the pictures and I will replace the steering wheel with a stock oem one or might go with those EP3's. I emailed and text him about to see if it still has the AC/PS. If it does I think I am set to buying it. Does 4200 seem a bit too high? Remember these are California's prices. Seen some for 3 grand, but was primered gray/salvage/dents/high mileage.

2ed car: How much are tags for 93 civic si's ? Give me a rough estimate if you have purchased a 92-95 civic si (California). He is willing to let go of the car w/ the slips for 3800. If the car has meaty tires and tags won't be over 200 i'll be fine. I was hoping to lowball him for 3600 w/ wheels.

This car is going to be my DD from school to home, about 9 miles away and for me to communicate to places. Maybe if I get some extra cash i'll build the motor up.

I've always loved these D16Z6 and these little si hatch's.

So lemme know what you think about the cars and what I should look out for.

My dad does autobody, so he can tell if they did a crappy paint job or a good one.

NOTE: Don't be the jackass to say, "It's your money, do what you want with it" or say "Just go look at it and find out for yourself". Both cars are in different locations. One from sac and one from merced. I'm in the middle, stockton. Lol, I don't wanna be turned away then go look at the other one, then decide that the other one is better.

Sidenote:If you know that guy... H-T hoook up :D
Old 06-02-2010, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: A (2) 93 Civic hatch SI I found. Need a bit of help.

first car looks nicer in my opinion. Definilty bring your dad along with you to check it out.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, it looks alot better unless it's just the camera. Since it's new paint also (hopefully done the right way) thats a good plus. If that car has AC i am set. No PS is okay for me.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just talked to the black hatch owner. He said 3rd gear grinds at high speed, but it does have AC and no PS. Now that makes me a bit curious D:
Old 06-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Never mind about those cars. Just found a FBP 2000 Honda civic si for cheaps :D. 108000 and clean title too.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you sound undecided. hahaha. i love my EH3. ill stay with my hatch any day of the week.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Kelb
you sound undecided. hahaha. i love my EH3. ill stay with my hatch any day of the week.
Yeah, it was really hard to decide when all of a sudden you see a whole bunch of nice cars for sale. Haha, but if the EM1 goes well, the EM2 is gonna be my moms car for now on hah.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

eg si's are hard to find now in days in good condition, i live in florida and most of the si's i seen in town are beat and whored around and the few clean ones i ran into people want alot of money for them shhiiiiiit i wish i lived where you live i would buy that blue one in a heart beat!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jae-r
eg si's are hard to find now in days in good condition, i live in florida and most of the si's i seen in town are beat and whored around and the few clean ones i ran into people want alot of money for them shhiiiiiit i wish i lived where you live i would buy that blue one in a heart beat!!!
Hah, I hate where I live. I might have that car for 1 month and park it somewhere for 10 seconds and have it gone by the time I get out.

I had a friend who parked his Ej6 outside for 10 min to take a number 2 and then it was gone. Crazy, must have stalked him or something.

And if you wanna live in California with all that corrupt law ****, you might wanna think twice haha.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts

These EH3s are a dime a dozen up in Canada (especially the Toronto area) - but the one problem is rust. However, if your Dad's in autobody, then some rust should not be a big deterrent.

Example: http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...AdIdZ200933426
Old 06-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DeSchlong
These EH3s are a dime a dozen up in Canada (especially the Toronto area) - but the one problem is rust. However, if your Dad's in autobody, then some rust should not be a big deterrent.

Example: http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...AdIdZ200933426
Hah, yeah. The thing about him is that he wants a perfect car for me to drive with. He doesn't want me to go through all the hassle to get things fixed. I mean I can do it with no problem, but I do have to respect him haha. And if anyone see's rust on a car here where it doesn't have heavy rain or snow, you know that car went through some major stuff haha.

BTW: Still 18 years old and is a college student. My parents are helping me a bit for the car so I can just give the EM2 to my mom.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

First one for 4k offer if it still has ac & ps as stock as possible n take sumone to help u look @it
Def first eg is a plus
Old 06-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

First one for 4k offer if it still has ac & ps as stock as possible n take sumone to help u look @it
Def first eg is a plus
Old 06-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kali.eg6
Def first eg is a plus
Yeah, he said he can go no lower than 4,000. He is AC no PS. 3rd gear grinds at high speed.

Imma go look at a EM1 today. Hopefully it's perfect condition.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

****in' EM1 guy flaked out on me. Now it's 8:00 and I'm to tired to go look at the other hatch's.

How are you gonna sell a car then flake out... I guess today just isn't my day.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 20-EM2-05
Hah, I hate where I live. I might have that car for 1 month and park it somewhere for 10 seconds and have it gone by the time I get out.

I had a friend who parked his Ej6 outside for 10 min to take a number 2 and then it was gone. Crazy, must have stalked him or something.

And if you wanna live in California with all that corrupt law ****, you might wanna think twice haha.
here in orlando florida hondas get stolen left to right it doesnt matter what time of day or how many alarms or kill switches you got if they want it they will take it and things over here are so bad that these thieves will steal your car for anything even if ur **** is stock, and another thing is people here trade their cars like if they were pokemon cards they cant stick with one car for more then 2 months hondas down here in orlando are all whored around and it sucks bcuz being a tuner is not a fashion most of these guys down here only drive hondas to be cool when really they dont kno **** about cars...from what i heard things in cali are waaaaay different then here in my opinion i think the tuner world in cali is more organize then here in florida
Old 06-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<<<<<< Eg Si Stock + Daytona beach FL FTMFW
Old 06-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jae-r
here in orlando florida hondas get stolen left to right it doesnt matter what time of day or how many alarms or kill switches you got if they want it they will take it and things over here are so bad that these thieves will steal your car for anything even if ur **** is stock, and another thing is people here trade their cars like if they were pokemon cards they cant stick with one car for more then 2 months hondas down here in orlando are all whored around and it sucks bcuz being a tuner is not a fashion most of these guys down here only drive hondas to be cool when really they dont kno **** about cars...from what i heard things in cali are waaaaay different then here in my opinion i think the tuner world in cali is more organize then here in florida
Only in certain areas.

I think it's everywhere that there are some thieves around to steal cars. In some areas California is really organized, but some it's just all messed up. My sister's ex boyfriend went through 20+ cars (DA's, DC's, EK hatch and coupes), until he bought a beemer and stuck to it.

It's just the emission over here is just all bogus.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice as both those cars are id give them a little more then half of what they're asking. with the blue hatch being closer to his original.

(black 93 SI hatch)KBB in perfect condition another 1k to miles and probably a few things he may or may not have only put this car at 2200. but thats also where i live...cali sucks looks like and i still wouldn't pay near that in cali.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

holy **** thats alot for those cars!!! way to much man. i got my eg hatch for 1100. and its clean title. you live in stockton. i know peps b hooking it up out there! im from sac
Old 06-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mayfly
holy **** thats alot for those cars!!! way to much man. i got my eg hatch for 1100. and its clean title. you live in stockton. i know peps b hooking it up out there! im from sac
Yeah, but you gotta love cali for their over priced JDM cars.

1100 is not bad, but si's are getting rare though.

I also have 3 cars to go look at today also. Hope none of them flakes out on me :D
Old 06-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i like the blue one, but for where you live and everything, i'd snag the black one up, less flashy, then drop some ls front seats in it for comfort reasons. 3rd gear grind at high speeds... try flushing the trans and adding some gm syncro mesh, clutch could need an adjustment too lol. power steering is over rated, i personally like the stiff feel of the road fighting the tires. a/c is a must though (i'm re installing it into my hatch) n if you say this one has it then by all means snag it up! my buddy picked up his 93 si with 97k miles on it mostly stock (intake, muffler, ebay coiles, rota sub zero's, system) for like 4500 four years ago, then sold it for over 5 with less than 110k on the clock
Old 06-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DCRB
i like the blue one, but for where you live and everything, i'd snag the black one up, less flashy, then drop some ls front seats in it for comfort reasons. 3rd gear grind at high speeds... try flushing the trans and adding some gm syncro mesh, clutch could need an adjustment too lol. power steering is over rated, i personally like the stiff feel of the road fighting the tires. a/c is a must though (i'm re installing it into my hatch) n if you say this one has it then by all means snag it up! my buddy picked up his 93 si with 97k miles on it mostly stock (intake, muffler, ebay coiles, rota sub zero's, system) for like 4500 four years ago, then sold it for over 5 with less than 110k on the clock
I don't personally mind having PS, but for whatever makes it easier I'll do. If the EM2 and the GSR I go look at today doesn't fit my needs. I think the black SI would be fine. I'll ask him about some details about his clutch/flywheel and transmission if I decide to get that one.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I like the blue one, however, i would be looking for more information on it.

remember just becasue the car is clean title doesnt mean it has never been wrecked or stolen, so keep an eye out.
As for the ps i would worry to much as long as it was removed correctly. a lot of people do it.

I think id go for the black one though, just something about black honda's gets me.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:44 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Tuyen dung duoc ung vien uu tu trong so 500.000+ho so tai www.VieclamTuyendung.vn

Originally Posted by vieclamtuyendun
Tuyen dung duoc ung vien uu tu trong so 500000+ ho so tuyen dung ngay tai www.vieclamtuyendung.vn.
Ho tro gui ho so cho NTD ngay sau 1 gio dang tuyen.
Trang viec lam tuyen dung online hang dau voi 5.000+viec lam luong cao, hap dan.
Tim viec lam phu hop cho tung ung vien dang ho so.
Dung bo lo co hoi tuyen dung duoc ung vien uu tu trong so 500.000+ho so tai www.VieclamTuyendung.vn
What in the hell are you trying to say here??