Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   1999 honda civic lx (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/1999-honda-civic-lx-3313540/)

Lanegarrett73 01-12-2018 06:03 PM

1999 honda civic lx

So I am in the process of buying a honda civic lx that has the sohc 1.6 motor. I have heard of old threads saying that the b18 motors were the best aftermarket motors to boost. What I am wondering is what motor whould produce the most amoundmt of horsepower and and create the most torque. I am simply adking because I am new to the honda civic seen and am ready to boooost whatever engin that i put in this little beast. Please let me know what engine will put out the most potential in this 4 door civic. Not looking for cost looking for hp and torque. Might want to drag this bad boy.

Megalodong 01-12-2018 06:19 PM

Re: 1999 honda civic lx

Have minimum of $5,000 to put into it? Otherwise your question is irrelevant.

Lanegarrett73 01-12-2018 07:13 PM

Not at the moment but shortly, yes. Got quite a bit of little money to blow. And really good at fabricating and and can build my own turbo and everything. Just looking for the best engine to drop in this thing.

Lanegarrett73 01-12-2018 07:28 PM

If you think im just some dumbass with an idea than you have me mistaken. Trying to power this bad boy well enough to blow everyone i see off of this sanger texas dragstrip. But also be somewhat street legal. Which the legality part of it is kind of not an issue but something id like to keep if possible. I like to bet mustangs with the 5.0 turboed coyote motor and see what they got. Most of them cant do ahit to anything light in a light to light race and I intend on whooping some rich boy ass and taking their money or whooping some *** boy ass and watching thier gf cry like thier a lil bitch. But also looking for the most bang for my buck.

Megalodong 01-14-2018 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Lanegarrett73 (Post 51532735)
If you think im just some dumbass with an idea than you have me mistaken. Trying to power this bad boy well enough to blow everyone i see off of this sanger texas dragstrip. But also be somewhat street legal. Which the legality part of it is kind of not an issue but something id like to keep if possible. I like to bet mustangs with the 5.0 turboed coyote motor and see what they got. Most of them cant do ahit to anything light in a light to light race and I intend on whooping some rich boy ass and taking their money or whooping some *** boy ass and watching thier gf cry like thier a lil bitch. But also looking for the most bang for my buck.

Are you talking track or street racing?

DumpdEJ6 01-15-2018 05:14 AM

A B18c1 (Integra GSR) motor is probably the best all around. People have boosted them to 400whp completely stock internally, but I wouldn't recommend doing that for reliability reasons. Fully built with forged internals and stock sleeves you should be able to do 400whp reliably. Add sleeves and the sky's pretty much the limit, motor wise.

Freedo_Civegra 01-16-2018 09:09 PM

HP goals?