Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

1998 Civic Dx Hatchback AC HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 1998 Civic Dx Hatchback AC HELP!!!

I bought this used car and it had a leak in one of the lines. I then took both lines from a working ac civic dx 1998 and installed them in mine as well as the reciever. (just in case). However there was a leak in the connection between the receiver and one of the lines. I thought this had to be an O ring problem because the leak happened between the line and receiver connection not the actual line or receiver itself.

I then bought orings at my local honda dealership, i put the brand new orings on the lines and tightened them both to the reciever. unfortunatley there was still a leak in the same place as before? How could their be a leak if the lines and reciever were taken from a car that the ac worked perfectly in?

Please help I don't know what could be wrong anymore?
Old 08-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 1998 Civic Dx Hatchback AC HELP!!!

You didn't have the o ring seated correctly and you've pinched it. When you say receiver you mean the silver cannister right? I have had it happen to my ac before. I bolted it down tight and it visually looked fine, but it wasn't all the way seated, and the refrigerant came right out.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1998 Civic Dx Hatchback AC HELP!!!

i replied but i guess it didn't work? anyways yes the silver canister is what im talking about. I dont get what you mean by seated correctly? how could i mess upp in such a simple procedure? I just took the old ones out and slid the new ones in and tightened it down? Am i missing something?

Thank you very much for your help