Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

1995 honda del sol ac replace

Old 07-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 honda del sol ac replace

hey guys, i bought a 1995 honda del sol with a b16a swap in it. It doesnt have ac or ps. I was wondering if any1 can let me know what exactly i need to put ac back in it. Thanks to everyone in advance!!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1995 honda del sol ac replace

Yaay first post! Anyways, as for the AC I believe you need a 94-95 vtec Del Sol or a 97 CRV AC bracket, and you could use a Sanden 134a compressor from any d series Civic. I recently done this on my 2000 ex with a b16a2 swap. I have the Del Sol Bracket and a junkyard compressor from a y8. As far as PS, I have no clue, Im looking for the same information! Hope this helps..
Old 07-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by chetto119
Yaay first post! Anyways, as for the AC I believe you need a 94-95 vtec Del Sol or a 97 CRV AC bracket, and you could use a Sanden 134a compressor from any d series Civic. I recently done this on my 2000 ex with a b16a2 swap. I have the Del Sol Bracket and a junkyard compressor from a y8. As far as PS, I have no clue, Im looking for the same information! Hope this helps..
Hey! Thank you so much for the information. As for PS I believe I am just going to wait on that. AC is the only thing that concerns me. What about hosing and the belt?? Along with the hi/low pressure outlets/inlets or w/e they are called lol.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am wanting to put a/c in my integra as well,because the dude before me cut it all out...
i was told you have to suck the air out of the lines before you can get it to work,can someone step in and confirm if that is true or not?
Old 07-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you will need a b series ac bracket and compressor. as far as lines i think (not positive) but del sol lines will work. as far as power steering all you need is a power steering rack that you can get out of almost any civic or del sol, the del sol lines a b series power steering bracket and pump and then of course a belt and some fluid. My friend had a del sol he swapped a gsr into and all he needed was the bracket and pump and it worked. his car was already power steering
Old 07-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JuicedUpRice
i am wanting to put a/c in my integra as well,because the dude before me cut it all out...
i was told you have to suck the air out of the lines before you can get it to work,can someone step in and confirm if that is true or not?
For sure you DO have to get the air sucked out. I was told that you HAVE to take it to an ac shop because they have a machine that will suck the air out of the lines and put freeon in without any chance of screwing up. With that being said idk how accurate that is but for safety purposes i will be getting mine done like this.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so basically everything i will need is going to have to come off a b series car...which means im gonna end up spending lots of $$$ to get both fixed?
Old 07-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Del_Slo_b16
For sure you DO have to get the air sucked out. I was told that you HAVE to take it to an ac shop because they have a machine that will suck the air out of the lines and put freeon in without any chance of screwing up. With that being said idk how accurate that is but for safety purposes i will be getting mine done like this.
If you have any friends that have any AC tools, borrow a manifold gauge set and a vacuum pump. This is what I did and I was able to do everything myself. I believe some Autozone stores also rent these tools, not positive on that one.

As far as the AC system goes, I installed my compressor, with the 4 or so ounces of PAG oil, hooked the manifold gauges up to the vacuum pump and let it pull for about an hour. Turn the pump off and verify that the system has no leaks by seeing if it holds the vacuum. If all is good, hook a can of 134a to your gauges and charge away. My 2000 Civic EX takes something like 22 oz.

Hope that helps! Theres a few good writeups on here on evacuating and charging the AC system. Thats what I went by and ended up saving a bunch of money doing it myself.