1995 honda civic 1.5 non vtech wont start

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 honda civic 1.5 non vtech wont start

Car will turn off on the road so i did following

New battery(changed a few weeks ago)
New remanufactured distributor (check distributor with spark on all four wires)
First reman dist was bad from pepboys and got a reman from autozone with sparks.

So we start the car and it started and left it running for an hour or so. But the next day it wont start again.
So i did below

Resoldered main relay(it started the car for a few seconds<5seconds and it started again and again for less than 5 seconds and then it wont start anymore

So i bought New main relay (you could here noise from fuel pump) for the first few starts but not after a few starts or cranks i would guess theres enough fuel in there since it wont start. I wouldn't hear fuel pump noise again after cranking/starting the car a few times

I did all above when the civic starting to turn off on road but will start again after a few cranks. Do you guys thinks its o2 sensor? Help guys!

Last edited by Merrill Balan; 12-24-2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Added more
Old 12-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Trial User

Default Re: 1995 honda civic 1.5 non vtech wont start

Thanks in advance
Old 12-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i had this problem, my main relay/fuel pump wouldnt prime til random times like 5-7 minutes. sometimes 1 min. its a capacitor in the ecu. changed ecu. fixed. try to find someone with a 92-95 civic ecu, model doesnt really matter. just for troubleshooting
Old 02-25-2023, 05:21 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by Merrill Balan

First reman dist was bad from pepboys and got a reman from autozone with sparks.

So we start the car and it started and left it running for an hour or so. But the next day it wont start again.
So i did below

Resoldered main relay(it started the car for a few seconds<5seconds and it started again and again for less than 5 seconds and then it wont start anymore

So i bought New main relay (you could here noise from fuel pump) for the first few starts but not after a few starts or cranks i would guess theres enough fuel in there since it wont start. I wouldn't hear fuel pump noise again after cranking/starting the car a few times

I did all above when the civic starting to turn off on road but will start again after a few cranks. Do you guys thinks its o2 sensor? Help guys!
Sounds strange but I've actually seen it happen.... Coolant temperature sensor. It goes bad and that's why it will start once and not again for awhile the car is put in limp mode and won't start. Also double check your ground connections never hurts and the amount of cars I've seen that just needed a better ground has been insane. Hope this works it's a really cheap and easy part to replace 5mins or less.
Old 02-25-2023, 05:24 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by Merrill Balan

So i did below