Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

1995 Del Sol Solid CEL/ fuel pump wonít turn on when wet out or humid

Old 05-29-2019, 06:34 AM
Trial User

Default 1995 Del Sol Solid CEL/ fuel pump wonít turn on when wet out or humid

Warning: Not a professional, but not stupid, maybe.

So, Iíve been trying to track down the source of my fuel pump not working. I read in other threads it could have been the distributor, spark plugs or lines. I replaced all of them. I thought the fuse box was getting wet or a bad connection but went through it all and all tested fine. I then cracked open the ECU and one of the capacitors had leaked. I bought a new one and it now starts just fine. Got mine refurbished for about $150. Iím pretty sure itís the atmospheric pressure that made it stop working. If I went up in elevation or the weather was bad (rainy/cloudy weather) the pressure would be low and make it not work. Would also cut out while driving.

Let me know if Iím on to something or just going crazy. Thanks.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1995 Del Sol Solid CEL/ fuel pump wonít turn on when wet out or humid

So, you bought a new ECU and the car works properly. You then got your original ECU repaired and it works "sometimes" ???
Old 05-30-2019, 08:46 AM
Trial User

Default Re: 1995 Del Sol Solid CEL/ fuel pump wonít turn on when wet out or humid

Originally Posted by JRCivic1 View Post
So, you bought a new ECU and the car works properly. You then got your original ECU repaired and it works "sometimes" ???
Sorry, should have edited that last one. I bought a refurbished one online for about $150 because my old one only worked sometimes. The one I bought works properly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: