Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

from 18g to b18c...just finished my swap...any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default from 18g to b18c...just finished my swap...any suggestions?

Whats up everyone....i am rather new to honda tech but i love it. To give you a little history of my car it goes like this: I am the fourth owner of a 2000 si. The cars original owner put a greddy 18g t-kit on it and it sat forever. The car was then sold twice when it ended up in my bro's hands with 12k miles for 17 grand. He then decided he didnt care for the payment and i just happened to get a sweet *** job making more than enough dough for it. So here i am with a 2000 turbo si with 16k miles that is one bad *** sleeper. My buddy who is really needs to open up his own shop (you'll understand why later) asked if i would take him for a spin. Obviously i was more then happy but disappointed when i saw the look on his face after the ride. He said "dood, give me this thing for a week and ill have it running like it should". So i leave for the beach for a week and when i get back i got a freakin runner that was eatin everyone alive. I killed my other buddies gst running 20lbs from a stand still and a roll on. He couldnt beleive it. So i have my car for no more then two weeks and form a whole in my actuator line. Too make this short and sweet because it makes me cry, i ended up bending about 8 valves. So...........now i have one bad *** car that doesnt run. The next day i start lookin around at aptions and probably about two weeks later i run into a guy named Karim Fakry out in CA who is selling a 97 dc2 itr motor. I call up Karim......after some reference checks, my motor is trucking across america in my direction. Just yesterday my ride was put back on the road and running strong *** hell with my new b18c dc2 itr motor. I wanted a type r my whole life before they were even imported.......and after this has all been said and done i could have afforded one no problem.......but my car is unique in its own way and one of very few out there. If you wish drop a line and let me know what you think about some upgrades. I just bought a dc sports header this morning but i am still not sure what kind of intake i want and i am debating whether i want a field or apexi vtec controller. Thanks to everyone who takes time to read this and as soon as i have some free time ill post some pics of the car. Late.