Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

1 more day and steve at password is back.. i hope he brings my itr motor....

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 more day and steve at password is back.. i hope he brings my itr motor....

anybody else waiting for a motor or anything from passwordjdm,.. its driving me crazy... its been about 2 months now since i put $50% down on a itr motor from them.. i am fine with waiting if i know im gonna get a good product but im getting a lil upset cause all my friends are going out to the track today and im sitting here online.. already took motor outta my car and sitting in my garage with allmy tools and everything.. got cash in my pocket to send them.. just waiting for the motor now.. arghhh drives me crazy. whats even worse is that i have to drive this old white 84 ford tempo which is bad... but even worse is that the whole front end is bashed in and the hood doesnt close and it smells inside(like something unbder seat is rotting,to afraid to look)and squeals like crazy at the worst times.. in front of chicks at store for instance.. lol. anyways... just thought id share what im going through.steve said he'd be back around 25th so im hoping he over there to speed up the shipping process on my motor.
Old 05-25-2003, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1 more day and steve at password is back.. i hope he brings my itr motor.... (95integragsr1984)

haha, yeah, I'm waiting on some stuff. They goofed down there when they sent me my 4 x 114.3 conversion... they sent my 4 x 100 hubs for the rear, so instead of paying for shipping, I'm getting some JDM tails. He was out in April, and said he was getting s'more with his next month's shipment, I'm still waiting.
Old 05-25-2003, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 1 more day and steve at password is back.. i hope he brings my itr motor.... (Quik Chris)

yeah im waiting on john to send me my harness and ek mounts
Old 05-25-2003, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1 more day and steve at password is back.. i hope he brings my itr motor.... (95integragsr1984)

just a question

but why did you take your motor out before you have the new one? it always boggles my mind why people do this, that engine you get could be complete TRASH.

i hope thats not your only car.
Old 05-25-2003, 12:45 PM

Default Re: 1 more day and steve at password is back.. i hope he brings my itr motor.... (Kamin)

well i am so antious to get the motor first of all so im just trying to speed up things,lol.so when i get the motor im not waiting on anything.. plus it was leaking oil from head into the radiator and hoses so i figured id clean it all out. and i wanted to take out the ac,swap out the master cylinder and prop. valve to swap in to compensate for the gsr front and rear disc. and its a cx and the tempo is faster....Oh yea also i put the tanabe muffler on the cx a long time ago and it sounds like **** with only 72hp.
Old 05-25-2003, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1 more day and steve at password is back.. i hope he brings my itr motor.... (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> that engine you get could be complete TRASH.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

PassWordJDM; Trash, those two words seem to be synonymous...
Old 05-25-2003, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1 more day and steve at password is back.. i hope he brings my itr motor.... (sinister)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sinister &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

PassWordJDM; Trash, those two words seem to be synonymous...</TD></TR></TABLE>

What are you talking about? Hear mostly good things.

In an email from steve recently, he mentioned he had just picked up a few ( i believe) ITR clips. The way he gets them he says is to buy running cars. Then hack them up for shipping.
Old 05-25-2003, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1 more day and steve at password is back.. i hope he brings my itr motor.... (splitime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by splitime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What are you talking about? Hear mostly good things.

In an email from steve recently, he mentioned he had just picked up a few ( i believe) ITR clips. The way he gets them he says is to buy running cars. Then hack them up for shipping.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He has a few stories, like the one he told me about how he actually runs his motors before selling them, then a rod bearing mysteriously spins while the motor is in a container crossing the Pacific...Yeah, uh huh, riiiight...
Old 05-25-2003, 01:37 PM

Default Re: 1 more day and steve at password is back.. i hope he brings my itr motor.... (sinister)

I've heard both good and bad about passwordjdm, mostly good. MOST places have a COUPLE of horror stories, you can't mske everybody happy

A little off topic: how is the best rapper white?? just b/c he sells a lot of records doesn't mean he's the best, he's just more accepted by white America for obvious reasons
Old 05-25-2003, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1 more day and steve at password is back.. i hope he brings my itr motor.... (Jswpstdoff)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jswpstdoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've heard both good and bad about passwordjdm, mostly good. MOST places have a COUPLE of horror stories, you can't mske everybody happy

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, for $3000.00, I`d damn well better be happy with the products/services a company advertises. So that is absolutely no excuse.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
A little off topic: how is the best rapper white?? just b/c he sells a lot of records doesn't mean he's the best, he's just more accepted by white America for obvious reasons</TD></TR></TABLE>

It`s just a signature, nothing to get worked up over...And not to mention that in a Cooperate America, nothing else matters but sales, regardless of an obvious ability(or lack thereof) of talent. It`s what sells, not what should sell.
Old 05-25-2003, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I picked up a CTR shortblock from them a couple of months back, put it in last week and it cranked over the first time and runs beautifully. I'm very happy with that purchase, my friend also picked up some Mugen BB coilovers and was happy with those as well. I'd say overall my experience with PasswordJDM has been pretty good, especially with taking a chance and buying a shortblock.

Oh yeah, and lyrically the white rapper IS much better than the rest, only competition is NaS.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:00 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sinister &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well, for $3000.00, I`d damn well better be happy with the products/services a company advertises. So that is absolutely no excuse.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know if anyone has ever heard this, but there is this saying. It goes something like "you get what you pay for." and sometimes you don't even get that....

If the going price for a product is anywhere from $5,500 to $4,800 and you pay something like A THOUSAND DOLLARS LESS THAN THAT, you have to figure that there is a reason you are paying considerably less the market sais you should.

The bottom line is, you don't go to the grocery store and haggle for prices on milk or get a deal... because they stock that product, and they could give a **** whether you saw it at stinko mart for 30cents less, because the next guy will gladly pay the price.

If you want someone to kiss your ***, go to acura and pay $6,000 for your swap, like I did and get a ******* BRAND NEW transmission that won't even shift into 5th gear or Reverse. Try and tell them your "I`d damn well better be happy with the products/services a company advertises. So that is absolutely no excuse." speech when they tell you it's not their fault, and you have to pay for labor TWICE.

**** happens, no one is exempt from that.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1 more day and steve at password is back.. i hope he brings my itr motor.... (muse)

Originally Posted by muse

I don't know if anyone has ever heard this, but there is this saying. It goes something like "you get what you pay for." and sometimes you don't even get that....

If the going price for a product is anywhere from $5,500 to $4,800 and you pay something like A THOUSAND DOLLARS LESS THAN THAT, you have to figure that there is a reason you are paying considerably less the market sais you should.

The bottom line is, you don't go to the grocery store and haggle for prices on milk or get a deal... because they stock that product, and they could give a **** whether you saw it at stinko mart for 30cents less, because the next guy will gladly pay the price.

If you want someone to kiss your ***, go to acura and pay $6,000 for your swap, like I did and get a ******* BRAND NEW transmission that won't even shift into 5th gear or Reverse. Try and tell them your "I`d damn well better be happy with the products/services a company advertises. So that is absolutely no excuse." speech when they tell you it's not their fault, and you have to pay for labor TWICE.

**** happens, no one is exempt from that.
You are completely unknowledgable and I really should`nt even be dignifying your lame *** little post with an answer in the first place, but since you seem to need a little guidance, let me be the one who sheds some light.

If you pay anyone $5500.00 for a Honda SIR-G engine, you take the cake for idiot of the week thread because you don`t have a concept as to real prices and market value...But it`s your money, spend it like a fool, that`s your decision

...And last time I checked, the only people who "Say I should pay a thousand dollars more than that" can be found places like http://ClubSi.com and http://ebay.com, but you probably already know this, huh? LoL

In the last 5 years I`ve been dealing with imports, I`ve never once seen a stock used JDM SiR-G engine go for $5500.00!!!

Comparing an engine to a quart of milk: Pricelessly moronic. Good try though

And this little statement, it might make sense to you, but to the rest of the English speaking world, it`s pretty worthless. Work on your cognitive expression, it`ll serve you well in life

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you want someone to kiss your ***, go to acura and pay $6,000 for your swap, like I did and get a ******* BRAND NEW transmission that won't even shift into 5th gear or Reverse. Try and tell them your "I`d damn well better be happy with the products/services a company advertises. So that is absolutely no excuse." speech when they tell you it's not their fault, and you have to pay for labor TWICE.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
But I got the gist of it, and if you were that wet behind the ears to have an Acura dealership do your "swap" for you(which I highly doubt actually even happened), than you deserve to pay double time.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't know if anyone has ever heard this, but there is this saying. It goes something like</TD></TR></TABLE>: "A sucker is born every minute."

I`ll tell anyone I damn well please I am unsatisfied with their service anytime I feel it necessary, because in this business, money talks. Bottom line. Make me a Happy customer and I assure you I`ll be back next week for another motor, and I`ll bring all my friends too, pockets filled with cash and a list of customers to keep any distributor honest.

When you grow up and learn the principals of business and marketing, you can attempt to change the way the system works, until then, open your eyes and learn something...

...Thanks for playing

Modified by sinister at 12:42 AM 6/6/2003
Old 06-05-2003, 11:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hahahaha well said sinister, some people just don't know. talk about a prison gang rape; paying $6000 for a swap from a dealer=
Old 06-05-2003, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1 more day and steve at password is back.. i hope he brings my itr motor.... (muse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by muse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

**** happens, no one is exempt from that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

why would you pay a certain amount of money for something just cuz "the market" tells you. obviously u haven't done your homework. and don't know what's to "shop around" "find the better deals".
why would you even say that "the next guy would gladdy pay the price" ? maybe you are that guy. that kinda guy that ***** money and throws it away cuz "the market" tells them too.
if a shop, only store, its on business they should have policies and warranties for its product. now if something goes wrong. and the warranty and polices are not meet. well why not get them back by warning people about their services.
you sound kinda bitter or something. maybe u have done deals with them and everything has gone ok. well why not share that instead of coming in here and arguing that we should all pay the market value or else we are getting what we had pay for. im sorry we are not all made of money.. and the lil that we have we work hard for it. and when something goes bad of course we are going to speak out about it. if not i guess we would become 1 of them that the market controls.
personally ive never done business with them. but i sure would like to hear about their business about them before i do.

o yeah and never heard that acura sells swaps for 6k
Old 06-06-2003, 12:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by muse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

**** happens, no one is exempt from that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

DAMN i hope for 6000$ they had the common courtsey to give you a reach around while they assraped you.

where the hell do you see your "going prices" last i checked this guy paid smack dab in the middle of the average price.

i really hope you learned somthing from getting raped that bad

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">he bottom line is, you don't go to the grocery store and haggle for prices on milk or get a deal... because they stock that product, and they could give a **** whether you saw it at stinko mart for 30cents less, because the next guy will gladly pay the price.</TD></TR></TABLE>
you also dont go to the most expensive grocery store and pay 2x what you should pay, then get charged double for labor when they **** up.

here is a tip for next time.
DONT BUY NEW FROM A DEALER.
and do research before you spend an assload of money

Modified by Kamin at 3:06 AM 6/6/2003
Old 06-06-2003, 01:34 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
if you are spending 6000$ on **** from the dealer im willing to bet you couldnt turn a wrench to save your life.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This character always has something negative to say?
Old 06-06-2003, 02:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1 more day and steve at password is back.. i hope he brings my itr motor.... (ThisLittleSleepeR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ThisLittleSleepeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This character always has something negative to say?</TD></TR></TABLE>
so it was a little harsh

its been a rough week for me. i will go back and tone it down a little
Old 06-06-2003, 07:26 AM

I called honda about a price on a type r tranny. They told me 2200 w/ 12 month 12,000 mile warranty. Just curious didn't think about buying or anything, but, I'm pretty sure if they installed my tranny and it wouldn't go into a gear I sure as hell wouldn't let them charge me again for what they fucked up. How can you be so ******* stupid? I guess **** happens to you and you are too much of a little bitch to speak up for yourself and do anything about it.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:20 AM

Default Re: 1 more day and steve at password is back.. i hope he brings my itr motor.... (uncle)

wow, jump on the guy with the newbie avatar.

first off, sinister, I'd love to PLAY, and you won't see "edited by Muse" at the bottom of this post when I'm done...

No one said SiR-G, you brought that up on your own. Read the topic, it sais ITR. And as far as my knowledge is concerned, I'm 3 years up on you so don't try to teach me anything, please.

Now don't get me wrong, the comments so far have been great, and I'm really glad you guys are trying to DIG DEEPER and get all the info, but you're missing the point of my post completely.

I can get a used JDM ITR complete for $3,000-$3,200, I've done that. On this occasion, i decided to splurge a little, start off with a clean slate for my new toy. I didn't pay $6,000 but it's more than 5k, for brand new parts and I can guarantee the average joe couldn't get the same deal from a dealer, even w/ a bus. lic.

Let's set facts straight. The ITR swap price mentioned is parts only and consisted of 2001 B18C5; factory assembled block w/ complete bottem, assembled head complete w/ cams & valvetrain, complete timing belt, water pump, oil pump, tensioner, gaskets, complete LSD transmission, intake mani w/ TB and sensors, complete distributor, wires (ecu I had) clutch, no axles or linkage, + misc here and there nuts bolts/gaskets/fluids I needed.

This is parts only, Retail for the above mentioned should be in the 8k-9k range from the dealer. So no one got assraped, I got what I wanted for the price I wanted to pay. I'm trying to show that no matter how much you pay, **** happens and taking care of you when it happens is what's important.

Now I got a new tranny the same day, that's why I'm not Bashing the dealer I got it from, but I still got stiffed with dropping the trans one more time than I wanted to. You'd figure it comes in a crate, sealed, what's there to check? I was wrong.

My problem is, Sinister makes some ******* comment with no story to back it up? no basis to his comment, just good old shop bashing, and now I'm getting slammed for actually sharing a situation that I went through recently. Correct me if I'm wrong again, but that is called BASHING right? If you had a rough experience buddy, let us know, we'll all cry with you and hug before you leave here today.

And JCracer723 if you got a clean '00 DC2 shell for $600, does $6000 to for an R tranplant still sound like too much money? Obviously you're not working as hard as you say you are, if so, you need to switch professions because you're doing something wrong.

I've got my flame suit on an prepped.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by muse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.

My problem is, Sinister makes some ******* comment with no story to back it up? no basis to his comment, just good old shop bashing, and now I'm getting slammed for actually sharing a situation that I went through recently. Correct me if I'm wrong again, but that is called BASHING right? If you had a rough experience buddy, let us know, we'll all cry with you and hug before you leave here today..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Listen to me you little ****:

You have no idea who it is you`re talking to and you`re out of the loop, where you`ll stay because you talk a gang of bullshit and think your internet wallet is gonna back it up. When you wise the **** up and act appropriately you can state your so-called "valid" points. Untill then I advise you to stay the **** out of a situation you don`t have an actual say in. Keep your simple-minded comments to yourself because you`re out numbered here.

You`re the moron who piggybacked my post, remember? I was referring to an SiR-g, you were making your own **** up. Excuse me for not reading your mind

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Correct me if I'm wrong again</TD></TR></TABLE>
Ok, I will.
If you`re 21 years old, and you say you`ve been in the import (rice) world for 3 more years more than me, than that makes you 13 years old when you started, and I don`t buy it. You were probably too busy popping pimples and jerking off to tittie newspapers to know what the **** a vtec motor was. Miss me with your bullshit. You got ripped off and you`re trying to justify that to us, well, guess what? We don`t give a ****.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow, jump on the guy with the newbie avatar</TD></TR></TABLE>
You did`nt get flamed because you are new to this site, you got flamed because you are uninformed. Better yet, you are trying a too hard. Lose the complex and you might actually gain some working knowledge here.

Oh, and FYI, genius, Take that 3000 ITR motor you mentioned and re-build it from the top down, you`d have done it a whole hell of alot cheaper than what you paid...You`ll learn.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by muse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow, jump on the guy with the newbie avatar.

first off, sinister, I'd love to PLAY, and you won't see "edited by Muse" at the bottom of this post when I'm done...

No one said SiR-G, you brought that up on your own. Read the topic, it sais ITR. And as far as my knowledge is concerned, I'm 3 years up on you so don't try to teach me anything, please.

Now don't get me wrong, the comments so far have been great, and I'm really glad you guys are trying to DIG DEEPER and get all the info, but you're missing the point of my post completely.

I can get a used JDM ITR complete for $3,000-$3,200, I've done that. On this occasion, i decided to splurge a little, start off with a clean slate for my new toy. I didn't pay $6,000 but it's more than 5k, for brand new parts and I can guarantee the average joe couldn't get the same deal from a dealer, even w/ a bus. lic.

Let's set facts straight. The ITR swap price mentioned is parts only and consisted of 2001 B18C5; factory assembled block w/ complete bottem, assembled head complete w/ cams & valvetrain, complete timing belt, water pump, oil pump, tensioner, gaskets, complete LSD transmission, intake mani w/ TB and sensors, complete distributor, wires (ecu I had) clutch, no axles or linkage, + misc here and there nuts bolts/gaskets/fluids I needed.

This is parts only, Retail for the above mentioned should be in the 8k-9k range from the dealer. So no one got assraped, I got what I wanted for the price I wanted to pay. I'm trying to show that no matter how much you pay, **** happens and taking care of you when it happens is what's important.

Now I got a new tranny the same day, that's why I'm not Bashing the dealer I got it from, but I still got stiffed with dropping the trans one more time than I wanted to. You'd figure it comes in a crate, sealed, what's there to check? I was wrong.

My problem is, Sinister makes some ******* comment with no story to back it up? no basis to his comment, just good old shop bashing, and now I'm getting slammed for actually sharing a situation that I went through recently. Correct me if I'm wrong again, but that is called BASHING right? If you had a rough experience buddy, let us know, we'll all cry with you and hug before you leave here today.

And JCracer723 if you got a clean '00 DC2 shell for $600, does $6000 to for an R tranplant still sound like too much money? Obviously you're not working as hard as you say you are, if so, you need to switch professions because you're doing something wrong.

I've got my flame suit on an prepped.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes its still sound like too much money. speciealy getting through honda. dont you know the "the market" tells u to pay 4500-5500 for that kinda swap.lol

a question for you tho: have u make business with jdmpassword?
Old 06-06-2003, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 1 more day and steve at password is back.. i hope he brings my itr motor.... (JCracer723)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JCracer723 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

a question for you tho: have u make business with jdmpassword?</TD></TR></TABLE>

He probably is PWJDM
Old 06-06-2003, 10:38 AM

I have waited a long while for my side markers but their customer service to me, makes up for the wait. They always respond to me and hopefully I will get them soon. I'm not in any rush but someone who is might have a problem.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:48 AM

Default Re: 1 more day and steve at password is back.. i hope he brings my itr motor.... (Takeoff)

he just got back give him a chance to get every thing back together

Quick Reply: 1 more day and steve at password is back.. i hope he brings my itr motor....