Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

00 Si seats and carpet Q's

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 Si seats and carpet Q's

Quick question. I already have 00 Si front seats in my Si eg hatch, and I was curious to know whether or not the back seats would fit in also? The front seats don't exactly bolt up, but my back seats are dirtier than a construction worker.

Also, I'd like to replace my carpet with brand new carpet. Where could I go to get new carpet? The car is a 92 Si EG hatch.

Thanks for all input.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:20 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: 00 Si seats and carpet Q's (Hatchbizzack)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchbizzack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was curious to know whether or not the back seats would fit in also?</TD></TR></TABLE>
No.

Why you even wanted the G6 Si front seats is a mystery to me. Integra seats would have been a more sensible (and comfortable) choice - not to mention you can use the back seats from an Integra coupe in your hatchback.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The front seats don't exactly bolt up, but my back seats are dirtier than a construction worker.</TD></TR></TABLE>
It's not smart to drive around with your seats bolted in half-assed. Seats are a safety item. G3 Integra seats bolt in directly . . .

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also, I'd like to replace my carpet with brand new carpet. Where could I go to get new carpet? The car is a 92 Si EG hatch.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'd suggest used carpet from eBay or a junkyard. If you absolutely have to have brand new carpet, don't expect it to be cheap; they're about $400 or so. Majestic Honda has them listed for $300, but I don't know if they would ship something like that.

I think on eBay you can find some new aftermarket carpets for around $150 or so. Don't know how good the quality or fit is on those though.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:27 PM

Default Re: 00 Si seats and carpet Q's (Targa250R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why you even wanted the G6 Si front seats is a mystery to me. Integra seats would have been a more sensible (and comfortable) choice - not to mention you can use the back seats from an Integra coupe in your hatchback.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The only reason that they are even in the car is because a friend of mine sold the car to me with the seats in it already. I wasn't there for the install, so I just noticed that they aren't bolted all the way in.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd suggest used carpet from eBay or a junkyard. If you absolutely have to have brand new carpet, don't expect it to be cheap; they're about $400 or so. Majestic Honda has them listed for $300, but I don't know if they would ship something like that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What is Majestic Honda's website? The reason I want to replace mine is because my carpet is starting to rip in the back so it won't stay held down under the backseat.

When you say that Integra seats bolt in directly, does that mean both cloth and leather or does it exclude one or the other? Thanks for all the advice man.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:43 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: 00 Si seats and carpet Q's (Hatchbizzack)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchbizzack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What is Majestic Honda's website?</TD></TR></TABLE>
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and look up "floor mat."

I honestly can't tell you if they will be willing to ship it though, because it comes in a humongous box - they don't fold the carpet after it is molded.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When you say that Integra seats bolt in directly, does that mean both cloth and leather or does it exclude one or the other? Thanks for all the advice man.</TD></TR></TABLE>
'94-01 Integra front seats directly bolt into a '92-95 Civic - all bolts line up, unlike with the '96-00 Civic seats. Cloth and leather seats are the same, just upholstered in different materials.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:53 PM

Default Re: 00 Si seats and carpet Q's (Targa250R)

Sweet. I really appreciate the help man. Thanks a lot for the replies.