Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

00 Civic Coupe Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 Civic Coupe Fog Lights

I just recently purchased a 2000 black civic coupe. Pretty stock, except for smoked tails and a short-shifter. One of the first mods I'm looking to do is install some gray fog lights. Now, are these OEM or what? Are they all the same? Are some brands better than others? HELP! lol

Here's what they look like, and what I want mine to look like:
Attached Images  
Old 11-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: 00 Civic Coupe Fog Lights

OEM is best. Those are most likely Passwordjdm fog lights. Look at the lower right corner.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea I figured. But is Passwordjdm OEM? And are there other companies that make them that are higher quality and just better in general or should I just go with Passwordjdm?
Old 11-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Master Detailer

PWJDM is a high priced knock off.

Higher quality then what?
Old 11-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm just asking. I know for almost any part on a Civic (or any car for that matter), there's companies that make similar parts, but some are more reliable, fit better, and are just a better product in general. Basically, are there other companies that sell yellow fog lights that look like the picture above that are quality, affordable, and actually look good when used.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Master Detailer

Originally Posted by datbumper
I'm just asking. I know for almost any part on a Civic (or any car for that matter), there's companies that make similar parts, but some are more reliable, fit better, and are just a better product in general. Basically, are there other companies that sell yellow fog lights that look like the picture above that are quality, affordable, and actually look good when used.
There is nothing that is better then OEM Honda fog lights. There are company's that made "decent" parts such as PWJDM.

They will though.

The issue with going Honda, They don't make them anymore, so finding them can be quite hard and expensive.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So should I just call a dealership around my house and ask if they have them?
Old 11-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Master Detailer

So should I just call a dealership around my house and ask if they have them?
Local dealers wont have the yellow ones. They were JDM only.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So where would I look for the yellow ones? I want them to be "authentic" though; OEM.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:34 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Start calling Japan.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Master Detailer

Call around to importers and see what they can do. Post WTB adds. They are out there, you just have to find them.

ICB, N1concepts, etc. Finding them new will probably be eqivelent to finding a needle in a hay stack.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

found them on Ebay, but looks like you'll still have to get the grey housing for them. They are Raybrigs which are the OEM brand Honda used:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-CIVIC-EK...ec4ecc&vxp=mtr
Old 11-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by RT_NEWYORK
found them on Ebay, but looks like you'll still have to get the grey housing for them. They are Raybrigs which are the OEM brand Honda used:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-CIVIC-EK...ec4ecc&vxp=mtr
O god, no way. I'm a a junior in high school, so there's no way i can spend that much. I'm looking to spend MAX $75. I don't really care if it's a knock-off brand. I guess what I'm asking is, what is the highest quality, best fitting, and best looking knock-off that actually works?
Old 11-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just get any ebay brand thats made of glass I guess.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Master Detailer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-00-Civic-...0d5f8f&vxp=mtr

Wont get any better then that under $75.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sweet thanks! Now just need to find them in gray lol
Old 11-28-2012, 03:33 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

If you want gray bezeled foglights, you're looking for OEM ones.

If you're on a $75 budget and for whatever reason ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY MUST HAVE FOGLIGHTS ON YOUR CAR... then you're best looking into OE replicas and some spray paint for the bezels.

I'd recommend if you want to go that route, make sure you read up on what brands other people have had success with. Some aftermarket foglights leak, some have wiring issues, some install in weird ways that you might not like. Most also have directions to wire them illegally btw (legally your foglights should turn off when you turn your high beams on).

The other options would be to (1) not fake the funk and (2) save your pennies for the real deal. There's even a chance that you'll change your mind, never want a modified Civic beyond this year or the next and regret that you ever even wasted the money on a car, when they aren't your passion anyway and you don't like the additional police attention.

PS - Girls don't like modified Hondas.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I like how they look. And I'll probably go the OE route... know of any brands that have proven to be reputable?

P.S. - Girls love modified cars. Ever seen the Fast and Furious?
Old 11-28-2012, 05:54 PM
H-T White Ops

I like how they look. And I'll probably go the OE route... know of any brands that have proven to be reputable?

P.S. - Girls love modified cars. Ever seen the Fast and Furious?
The OE route could end up costing you several hundred dollars btw. I have a '98, so I have a different foglight that my car uses, but my clear square lights cost me about $400 for the assemblies if I'm remembering correctly. The switch was separate because I wanted the right color for my interior (aftermarket ones are all black as far as I've seen - I wanted the TYPE K / dark gray one). I have a set of clear rounds for the '96-'98 (which I think those assemblies were also used at least for awhile on the '99-'00s, but they have since changed the lense design). The clear round USDM OE lights cost me maybe $200-300? It's been awhile and I only bought them to collect. It's easier to remember the prices if the part goes on the car I guess.

'96-'98 and '99-'00 use different foglights though. The '96-'98s have round and square (each available in yellow or clear). The USDM ones were round and clear only.

The '99-'00 ones were available in round only and the bezels should be that deep sparkly gray color. These lights were available in yellow or clear as well, though the US market only had the clear ones.

A possible way to cut cost (and time/effort in searching) might be to pick up a set of the USDM clear lights, but also look into some yellow film to put over the lenses. This way you preserve the OE lights (spray paint could only lower the value, even if it's a very very good job), get the yellow look, and the film might even help protect the lenses.

The only (main character) girl in the original movie who drove a Honda was Mia (and her ITR, stock, is a bit beyond the average Civic). The fact that you question if I've seen it makes me curious about your age.

PS - The Fast & The Furious is a horrible citation for real life. D:
Old 11-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Master Detailer

Originally Posted by NOFX
PS - Girls don't like modified Hondas.
They don't?!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I didnt even know girls cared about cars. I guess its good to know at least one does.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why does genuineness matter, just for fitment? It's not like it makes the car faster or affects performance/reliability. Just settle with what you can purchase, and if you need change the bulbs to higher quality. I'm in high school still, bought knockoffs and new bulbs. Spent $80 all together. The replicas I got were second-hand ebays.

I'm pretty sure most girls would rather go to a guy with a stock Prelude or s2000 than a modified Civic... Civic's just aren't the sharpest looking cars nor are they super appealing to the common eye.... they might remind these girls you speak of, of their old relative (aunt/uncle/grandma or annoying neighbor who owns/owned a Civic) >_> not a poster-boy boyfriend they would love to sit in the passenger seat with.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CO671
Why does genuineness matter, just for fitment?
Are you kidding me? I think you just asked an extremely rhetorical question.

OP, you still can actually get the OEM foglight kit for 1999 and 2000 Civic Coupe models. It comes with everything you need to install (brackets, harnesses, relay, left and right trim bezels, and the OEM switch, etc.). I just checked availability and they are still available. Part number is 08V31-S01-103 (superceded from 08V31-S01-102).

Edit: However, OEM ones are not yellow.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That was a joke about the Fast and Furious question. Hence, the tongue face.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:39 AM
H-T White Ops

Originally Posted by 98civdx
They don't?!
You hadn't heard?
Originally Posted by RT_NEWYORK
I didnt even know girls cared about cars. I guess its good to know at least one does.
Wait. We found a girl that cares about cars?
Originally Posted by CO671
Why does genuineness matter, just for fitment? It's not like it makes the car faster or affects performance/reliability. Just settle with what you can purchase, and if you need change the bulbs to higher quality. I'm in high school still, bought knockoffs and new bulbs. Spent $80 all together. The replicas I got were second-hand ebays.

I'm pretty sure most girls would rather go to a guy with a stock Prelude or s2000 than a modified Civic... Civic's just aren't the sharpest looking cars nor are they super appealing to the common eye.... they might remind these girls you speak of, of their old relative (aunt/uncle/grandma or annoying neighbor who owns/owned a Civic) >_> not a poster-boy boyfriend they would love to sit in the passenger seat with.
Yes, it CAN affect performance. A product with little planning is likely to not perform as well as a product with the proper research and design. Unfortunately, a copy often is cheaper in construction too, so even if they're copying a higher quality design, there is a good chance it will not perform well.

BREAKING NEWS

"Performance" doesn't just refer to speed.

Do not settle if your car means enough to you. I did not settle with any of the cars I have had and so far none of them have turned into piles of ****, and in fact have only increased in reliability, speed, and looks since I owned an of them (um... besides that one I planted into a concrete pillar). Cars get better, not worse, when I own them.

I do not go ghetto with anything I do with my cars because if I can't do it right then it's not worth doing.

As for girls liking Preludes or S2000s over Civics, no. They're still Hondas. Girls don't like Hondas.
Originally Posted by blkSi
Are you kidding me? I think you just asked an extremely rhetorical question.

OP, you still can actually get the OEM foglight kit for 1999 and 2000 Civic Coupe models. It comes with everything you need to install (brackets, harnesses, relay, left and right trim bezels, and the OEM switch, etc.). I just checked availability and they are still available. Part number is 08V31-S01-103 (superceded from 08V31-S01-102).

Edit: However, OEM ones are not yellow.
OEM USDM are not yellow. OEM fog lights are available in yellow from overseas though.
That was a joke about the Fast and Furious question. Hence, the tongue face.
I am NOFX. Hence the sarcasm. I am also of the fairer sex, own a modified Civic and a lightly modified CRX.

Quick Reply: 00 Civic Coupe Fog Lights